[2.3] Necromancer SRS - 1H + Shield. Max Block. Extreme Defense & Offense. [T15 + Atziri viable]

"
Sessi0 wrote:
Is it too early say or will 2.3 make this build stronger/stay same?

Thinking of rolling with this one but unsure if its efficient with like 1-2 groupies ?

Ill go either this or bladefall totems depending what the patch notes bring..

It will be stronger in 2.3 because of Necromancer Ascendancy buffs. Also good for party play because Commander of Darkness is now one of the strongest buffs for party.

Your SRS can get stronger depending on what your party brings. Since this build uses Hatred + Anger, you could ask your friends to run Wrath, Haste, etc. That will buff your SRS further.

Also coordinate on the curses. This build has enfeeble. They could run something else. A well organized party can make all the difference. :)
"
FierceAgent wrote:
"
evilch3n wrote:
why vis mortis? that chest lacks so many defences
and have you considered aegis aurora?

As I explained in the guide, this build uses Vis Mortis because of Unholy Might which means 30% physical damage granted as Chaos Damage. That's a great buff which makes up for the lack of Staff. It may lack defenses, but you can easily make up for it in other gear pieces. I can run maps with elemental weakness and stay capped on resists still.

Just wanted to clarify one thing...
The Unholy Might is not actually that great because it only gives the 30% physical damage granted as Chaos to the minion that made the kill.

"
Unholy Might for 5 seconds to a minion that kills an enemy.

I can see that you run your build without any duration node and without the duration gem linked to SRS (I'm talking about your primary setup, not the totem one)so the duration will be 5 seconds.
It means that one of your SRS which will stay "alive" for 5seconds, has to make a kill and has to be able to hit another monster before it expires... It's pretty lackluster.

I really like your build tbh, but I'm definitely going for Infernal Mantle since BM does mean that the downside of the chest doesn't work.
+1 fire is better imo and Vis mortis = 275ES at max, Infernal = 531ES
It's still a nice buff to an already really tanky build
You do lose 15% minion dmg though, but as you said the ascendancy in 2.3 is going to compensate.

IG: LastBOSSop
"
Xadrim wrote:

I can see that you run your build without any duration node and without the duration gem linked to SRS (I'm talking about your primary setup, not the totem one)so the duration will be 5 seconds.
It means that one of your SRS which will stay "alive" for 5seconds, has to make a kill and has to be able to hit another monster before it expires... It's pretty lackluster.

I really like your build tbh, but I'm definitely going for Infernal Mantle since BM does mean that the downside of the chest doesn't work.
+1 fire is better imo and Vis mortis = 275ES at max, Infernal = 531ES
It's still a nice buff to an already really tanky build
You do lose 15% minion dmg though, but as you said the ascendancy in 2.3 is going to compensate.

SRS duration is actually 6.5 seconds because there are duration bonuses on Necromancer Ascendancy. I find it good enough because SRS don't follow you around. It's long enough to clear the trash mobs on your screen. Good enough for Unholy Might to do its job as well. SRS probably stay buffed longer than you may think because there are many weak mobs like skeletons who get 1 shotted and then your SRS stays buffed for its remaining duration of 5+ seconds.

I can imagine it helps for bosses too who spawn weak minions. SRS can kill their minions quick and then back to hitting the boss with Unholy Might. Plus don't forget the melee splash, so even though it may be just one SRS buffed, it's hitting multiple targets.

You can skip 'Bloodless' cluster on tree and take 'Potency of Will' duration nodes if you want. I'm currently at 7.1k HP without the Bloodless cluster and no life on half the jewels.

But Infernal Mantle is a solid option too. I purchased both Vis Mortis and Infernal Mantle to test this build the first week of leagues. Fortunately, my Vis Mortis hit 6L right away and Infernal Mantle stayed stuck on 5L. On 5L, I think the results seemed about the same, but the 6L made Vis Mortis the winner. Plus the fact it has +1 to spectres, so you don't have to use the crappy Bones of Ullr. For pure clear speeds, I'd suggest running 4L spectres over 4L Spell Totem + SRS. I only avoid Spectres because I hate refreshing them everytime I start game.
I do plan to take the duration nodes on the tree but even with them I still don't think it is worth using Vis Mortis. But that's just my opinion...
+1 level to each and everyone of the Spirits is better than just one having 30% damage as chaos.
I don't plan to run spectres nor zombies, and I think that the totem won't be necessary, maybe we could add an arc totem with EE to make them even stronger... I'm gonna test the build and let you know in Prophecy.
Thanks for the build anyways. Have fun with the new league!
IG: LastBOSSop
I have decided to go with this build as prophecy HC 1st char.

Any tips you can give me to break 90(ripped 2x 89 previous leagues...)

What spectres would you run with this build or are they useless in 4L?

"
Xadrim wrote:
I do plan to take the duration nodes on the tree but even with them I still don't think it is worth using Vis Mortis. But that's just my opinion...
+1 level to each and everyone of the Spirits is better than just one having 30% damage as chaos.
I don't plan to run spectres nor zombies, and I think that the totem won't be necessary, maybe we could add an arc totem with EE to make them even stronger... I'm gonna test the build and let you know in Prophecy.
Thanks for the build anyways. Have fun with the new league!

Oh yeah. Arc Totem with EE is a good idea. Added it to guide. You can do:
Spell Totem + Arc + Faster Casting + Chain

Good luck in the new league! Have fun.

"
Sessi0 wrote:
I have decided to go with this build as prophecy HC 1st char.

Any tips you can give me to break 90(ripped 2x 89 previous leagues...)

What spectres would you run with this build or are they useless in 4L?

If it's your first time with SRS, make sure to read my leveling guide and tips sections.

First thing I'd suggest is grabbing a white 5L as soon as you can. I usually get one for under 5c once I reach Merciless. Ever since the SRS gem nerf, the 4L dps is too slow for my taste.

As I mentioned under FAQ, you should leave certain nodes to take post-level 85. By the time you do reach 80-85, you should have Max Block going with Indomitable node, high armour and life regen. As for mapping, stick within the 90-100% experience rate. No need to jump to T12+ as level 85. Only hit red maps when you need their 90%+ experience gain. Use a third party site to learn about experience penalty in case if you don't know how it works.

Another key to survival is to know what map mods you can handle. Even though this build is really tanky, you should still avoid some map mods to safely reach level 90. Stuff like 3x Ele Dmg roll is dangerous or 2x Ele Dmg with crit roll. Avoid no life regen obviously. Usually I skip Beyond and Temporal Chains too because they are annoying. Over-stack on resists for Ele Weakness.

Another important key to survival is to know the map bosses! Very crucial. Some of them have moves that can one shot you. If you don't know the boss at all, look it up on PoE wiki and it usually has a video linked with instructions provided. Always save your Vaal Summon Skeletons for bosses. There are some bosses I avoid by default, some depend on my build and sometimes it depends on your map mods. Make the best decisions to stay safe.

Also be careful when you open strongboxes, but SRS builds are one of the best for strongbox safety. Simply cast all your SRS before you open them and it wipes the mobs fast.

As for spectres, use Flame Sentinels with Raise Spectre + Spell Echo + GMP + Minion Dmg. Their 4L dps is actually better than 4L SRS dps, so definitely use them. If you decide not to run them, see my other suggestions under Gem Links.
Thx alot for taking your time to answer me :)

my main concern with the build is the DPS since im getting mixed comments how SRS dps atm cause builds which arent efficient arent fun at all. I know the DPS isnt uber and im not expecting it to be just that i can clear maps efficiently in 1-3 player parties and not feel useless or aurabot.

My last league was tempest dont know excatly how much has changed after that but I know core mechanics and all the basic for poe. New to SRS tough since i didnt wanna play it when it was the "meta" :)

Im tempted to do this since I wouldnt wanna jump to the bladefall/vortex/voltaxic/trapper train which seem to be the "meta" atm

Just dont want to get dissapointed all im saying :)
Thx for the great Built. I will test it in the new League
AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME
"
Sessi0 wrote:
Just dont want to get dissapointed all im saying :)

Haha, don't worry. You won't feel like an aurabot. I have done many 6 man parties with this build. It isn't one of those power creep builds that one shots mobs in 6 man, but you will hold your own.

For DPS tips, keep in mind that SRS relies on jewel sockets to stack up on Minion Dmg and Cast Speed. Make sure to look into them once you start taking jewel sockets in endgame.

If you fail to 6L for too long, farm the Labyrinth for SRS helm enchant. It's quite a boost.

Animate Guardian is another way to buff SRS. If you don't know about his gear, just added it under Gear Guide. You could remove one Golem from 4L and add him instead.

My video linked is running 20/20 SRS and no SRS enchant. Still a decent clear speed. Tried to vaal about six 20/20 SRS gems. They all failed to hit 21/20. Make sure to level a couple of spare SRS in your off-hand because you might luck out with a 21/20 SRS.

If worse comes to worst, you can always switch to +2 (or +3) Staff SRS later. You'll lose out on max block, but I believe my tree will still give you better defenses than any other SRS build posted. Just added a separate tree for Staff version in case if anyone interested.

Answering questions in detail today, lol but I know I'll get busy once the league begins.

Hi, nice build btw, as i'm kind of new in the game i'd like to know what offensive and defensive stats i have to focus on?

Thank you!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info