High clear speed build for 2.3?

EDIT: Has any new really strong (and relatively cheap) high clear speed builds emerged since patch?
I tried a Blade Vortex build to start with and that just didn't work for me.

So last league I played poison bladefall trapper. And while the damage on that thing is amazing, the clear speed is not.
When grouping up in gorge runs etc I could barely keep up with the front runners, who could seemingly clear everything all by themselves (in a 6-man group) AND run faster than my 30% movespeed while doing so.

Now obviously I wouldn't mind playing such a build here in prophecy, but which builds would you recommend? Is it all CoC-builds or can others do the same?
I'll be playing SC, I have no class preference (anyone will do), but I am not good at making tons of currency.

Thanks for your replies :)
Last edited by sikker on Jun 6, 2016, 3:36:48 AM
Last bumped on Jun 6, 2016, 3:37:01 AM
CoC (cyclone or wander) is pretty unmatched in terms of clear speed. Vaal molten shell with whirling blades can keep up but you need something else to go with it.

On more of a budget...Lightning arrow or spark are great map clearers.
chaos kinetic blaster.
I always play ice nova. Its like a poor mans discharge.

And cheap only need a 3L max

1 alc weapons gets me to 14 maps

here in action with about 1ex in gear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGlR67NtYt8

Edit

when make the change to 7L PoH or just go discharge it's insane. 2 min gorge NP with either.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 24, 2016, 6:41:30 PM
"
When grouping up in gorge runs etc I could barely keep up with the front runners, who could seemingly clear everything all by themselves (in a 6-man group) AND run faster than my 30% movespeed while doing so.

If you measure viable by being able to carry 6 man party in gorge then you need:

Cast on Crit build.

There is no other choice for you.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on May 25, 2016, 2:55:18 AM
Whatever you do don't do what I'm thinking about doing leveling as a bow character. I'm probably going to be the last person into maps next league.
Last edited by CalamityAOE on May 25, 2016, 3:07:41 AM
About CoC: it's good but not as good as they make it to be. My guess is players who haven't actually played with CoC AND with top-notch clear speed builds are a bit overly impressed with it because... I don't know why, it looks flashy?

Spark / vaal spark are vastly superior. Some guy mentioned Kinetic Blast, that's also better if a bit more difficult to build.

A good bow build will be superior.

A good crit caster with EK or Arc will also be better.

A crit reave + vaal reave can oneshot the entire screen and move forward.

Flickerstrike is probably the fastest clearing build out there but it's not for everyone. You either love it or hate it.

I've played multiple CoC builds and all of the above were faster. CoC cyclone is good but it's still melee. Ranged CoC is good but it sometimes doesn't hit or proc and you need to repeat hits, also there's a slight delay between the attack and the procs. Don't get me wrong, it's a good build and clears well, it's just not the best of the best despite what a lot of people are claiming.

There's another consideration, CoC builds are usually terribly for party play as most players' PCs can't handle the graphic overload. They are actually unplayable with some skills for some players even as solo (discharge, artic breath, firestorm and probably others I can't think of right now). A lot of parties will refuse to play with a CoC build.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on May 25, 2016, 4:16:51 AM
Crit Bow build, as usual.

Dont see any reason, why it is next league something else then before.. ;)
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I always play ice nova. Its like a poor mans discharge.

And cheap only need a 3L max

1 alc weapons gets me to 14 maps

here in action with about 1ex in gear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGlR67NtYt8

Edit

when make the change to 7L PoH or just go discharge it's insane. 2 min gorge NP with either.

Bitterdream is much better for ice nova than Nycta's lantern. All the lantern gives you is 50% cold to fire and some fire pen.
Spark / Vaal Spark
Vaal Molten Shell
Coc Discharge

Wait for patch notes, before deciding. If Spark, Vaal Spark and Whirling Blades somehow, by some miracle (or GGG simply not giving a shit about balance), avoid a heavy nerf - that's your build.
Last edited by toyotatundra on May 25, 2016, 9:46:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info