[2.2] PHC #1 Necromancer lv100 SRS build

"
Jadran wrote:
Nice one. I think I'll be going back to SRS in Prophecy, have not tried it with Ascendancy classes yet and this looks like a build that can scale nicely in a fresh league.

And I have yet to get a +3 staff! Maybe this time.

SRS doesn't have crazy clear speed like chaos spark/LA or COC discharge but it has nice single target dps, decent survivability and its actually fun to see minions killing stuff!

I bought Dark mage card for 35c each so its not that hard then before. I also crafted my first +3 staff at PHC too so don't give up your dream!

Good luck in Prophecy league!

"
Jadran wrote:
Will you be running an updated version of this build in 2.3? Necromancer got some buffs :)

I currently busy finding job so can't play as much before but I'm really hyped about Necromancer buff!

I'll update about buffs soon and passive tree after new tree comes.

I keep hearing SRS without serious investment into gear is pretty bad compared to pretty much every other 'decent' build (much like CA) since the 'nerf'. How was your clearspeed with a +2 staff without quality gems & empower? Did the ascendancies balance out its shortcomings from Talisman?

I'd like to run it but if I need full 21/20 gems, +3 (which requires level 8 masters), level 3 empower just to be able to clear red maps at a decent pace then I really can't justify sinking the currency into it as opposed to playing something else that can do the same with a far smaller budget.
"
Saga1234 wrote:
I keep hearing SRS without serious investment into gear is pretty bad compared to pretty much every other 'decent' build (much like CA) since the 'nerf'. How was your clearspeed with a +2 staff without quality gems & empower? Did the ascendancies balance out its shortcomings from Talisman?

I'd like to run it but if I need full 21/20 gems, +3 (which requires level 8 masters), level 3 empower just to be able to clear red maps at a decent pace then I really can't justify sinking the currency into it as opposed to playing something else that can do the same with a far smaller budget.

Clear speed with +2 staff actually fine because of ascendancy gave us Mistress of sacrifice, Commander of Darkness and lots of minion damage.
I forgot my highest map I did with +2 6L BM staff but I farmed alot to upgrade to +3 staff.

You can definitely farm red maps with +2 6L staff for sure because I was using +2 staff at 1MHC and became #17 at that league with SRS. IGN is KEGANICHANTOOGOOD.
I know its before nerf but ascendancy buffs made this difference really small and actually I think its much more stronger then before!
Last edited by palmwine on May 27, 2016, 9:04:28 AM
Interested to see your thoughts on 2.3 and if theres anything we need to change/edit as I'm looking to do SRS for the new HC Prophecy.

My only concern between this one and the Koams/Pure HP classic SRS floating around is yours only has 194% Life off tree (I know you get 7 jewel sockets - but they'll no doubt be expensive at the start of league). My only concern is about survivability (although your proof is there by getting 100 haha)

Looking forward to your feedback :)!
Last edited by Deathlythoughts on Jun 2, 2016, 4:28:15 AM
"
Saga1234 wrote:

Sadly it is. However, good gear or poor man gear doesn't matter. Damage wise, it is OK. It's SRS mechanics (or summoner in general) the problem. Back in 2.0 when its damage was at the top of the list, there's nothing to complain about. Nowadays, the "offering -> run to a pack -> cast SRS for like 5 seconds till monsters die" process is just miles slower than builds that blow up a whole screen in 1 sec (many things can do that now). The clear speed meta has no place for a summoner.

I don't even agree with SRS having good single target DPS. It is a projected, theorized DPS which in nearly all the cases impossible to get. SRS AI has turned completely crap since the change in 2.1. If there are some extra monster in the boss room, you will see how stupid their targeting is. Atziri split phase becomes way more frustrating after this change.

At least I can agree on the safety part. Yeah, pretty safe with that much block/spell block and minions doing the job.
I'm curious as to why you took so many life gained on kill nodes on the passive tree. I may be wrong but I was under the impression that neither you nor the srs are effected by these nodes.
"
Foot wrote:
I'm curious as to why you took so many life gained on kill nodes on the passive tree. I may be wrong but I was under the impression that neither you nor the srs are effected by these nodes.

Honestly nobody gives a damn about these life per kill stats, but they're usually combined with plain +% hp bonus. Many of life-based casters would even take Blood Drinker node with "0.4% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Life" which is seemingly useless, but hey, there's 8% hp increase too.

Oh, and thanks OP for sharing, good work. Hope they'll rework the whole AI for SRSs. Someday.
Last edited by Vankesidi on Jun 23, 2016, 2:22:09 AM
What would you take for uber labs?
Also, should you use empower with a 6link+2 BM staff or just roll with added fire until you get +3?
Last edited by Tulium on Jun 25, 2016, 3:49:25 PM
Why do you pick up the Sanctity node in your skill tree? I doesnt look like its very good to me

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info