Huge lag spike heres my trace

"
ionface wrote:
If you have lockstep mode on and the game freezes and keeps the FPS at ~60 instead of dropping to 1, it's very likely a connection problem, but your trace doesn't look bad at all. Also, you said you have none of those net booster utilities. I'm stumped, perhaps your router is doing the buffering. Do you have another router to test this with, or conversely can you force the router to fail if you try torrenting from another computer on the network?

Thanks for the reply again,

Ok in that last reply did you mean predictive instead of lockstep? Im a bit confused cause you described symptoms that i get from lockstep mode (game freeze) AND predictive mode (Cause the fps stays in the 60~ range). In predictive i can still move around and cast skills, they just don't do anything and mobs just stand still.

Unfortunately i don't have another router and dont have another computer on the network.

But i tested something yesterday. I played for a good 5 hours straight while connected to one of the EU server (instead of the Washington swrver which provides me the best ping) and the issue never occured. So obviously it has to be a latency issue with my connection to the US Washington server, right?

Today ill do all my gaming on the Texas server this time, in order to know if my problem is only with the Was server or all the US servers.

Thanks for help again
Last edited by Krayken on May 14, 2016, 9:01:23 AM
Ok so i also get the same problem when connected to the Texas server.

So to clarify my symptoms :

Lockstep : Entire game screen freeze for 30ish seconds and then when it resumes all my actions happens at once, killing monsters that were around me instantly.

Predictive : My FPS is good (average 60) and I can still move around and the mobs will still follow me but won't do any attacks, i can press skills and my toon attemps to cast (albeit the skill never actually cast). When the lag spike resumes its the same as in Lockstep : all my actions performed during the lag resumes, killing monsters around me.

So it looks like i have no problem sending my data to the poe server. The server gets my data, kills the mobs etc... but it looks like the server's response just stacks for 30 seconds in my router or something. So im suspecting a router issue or maybe its my computer?

Also, my traces always comes back clean. Got the problem occur on several traces and its always 0 packet loss on the last hop.

I almost always listen to a stream in the background and it doesn't seem to lag when my problem occurs.

I am really discouraged. What doesn't help is that it happens on average only once every 2 hours so it's hard to test shits. Sometimes its twice in 5 minutes, sometimes it doesn't happen in 5 hours. So basically it's hard to test different settings when i don't know if i tested it long enough for my problem to actually happen...

What I know is that i have the problem when connected to both Washington and Texas server. So probably all the US server.

What I also know is that i didn't have the problem when connected an Euro server. But i only stayed there for about 5-6 hours. So maybe it was just a lucky streak.

The problem began about 2-3 weeks ago. The only thing i remember having installed at that time is the google chrome ad blocker, the one that is the most popular. I tried deactivating it but no luck, my problem still occurs.

About my computer :

It is about 2 months old, uses windows 10 (which seems pretty up to date, i do all updates as they pop windows kind of chose WHEN to pop update).

Is there a good soft to extract all the specs of a computer so i can post them here?

My GPU drivers are up to date.

I don't have Asus ROG or Game first.

Windows defender and malware protection live are not detecting anything suspicious on my PC. Is there any other recommended anti malware / anti virus i should try? Free if possible.

I am connected to my modem by hard wire.

Is there any known processes i should try killing?

I know this whole post is a mess im very sorry, Im just trying to give as much info as i can to help corner the problem.

This whole thing is driving me nuts. I need help! Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Krayken on May 16, 2016, 8:32:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info