Dagger Crafting Problem

The text varies afaik, depending on if the item is fully modded or not.

When buying an item you could just ask if a certain mod is possible to be added or not, upfront you can check modtables. Also poe.trade indicates if the item could have a combination of mods that are not 100% clear ('???')
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
"
The text varies afaik, depending on if the item is fully modded or not.

When buying an item you could just ask if a certain mod is possible to be added or not, upfront you can check modtables. Also poe.trade indicates if the item could have a combination of mods that are not 100% clear ('???')

Thx for your help and your hints. Next time i buy an item i take a closer look.
"
Seelenschwarz wrote:

Yes of course. I only wanted to show you the "original" from the info text :)

Still it's annoying that it is not clearly recognizable when you buy an item. Not until you put it in a crafting bench. Or maybe i'm to stupid to see it ;)

Yes, stacking mods can make recognizing the mods annoying. Sometimes you can tell exactly just by looking at the item, sometimes you need to put it in crafting bench and/or check its vendor price and for some items you just can't tell even then.

This dagger actually falls into the first group more or less. While it isn't possible to tell exact mod tiers(which might be useful knowledge for deciding whether to divine or not), it is clear just by looking at the mod values and knowing their possible ranges that it has three prefixes.

Why?

1. %increased spell damage has maximum value of 79% on 1H weapons. As the dagger has 85%, it must have the hybrid mod as well.

2. Likewise the mana part of the hybrid mod has maximum value of 28. Dagger has 34, so flat mana is there too.
In general, it's hard to know when there's a hybrid mod involved. But for this item in particular, you could've known in advance:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Item_affix#One_Handed_Spell_Damage

A dagger can't have more than 79% spell damage on it unless it has both a pure spell damage mod and a hybrid spell damage/mana mod. Further, it can't have more than 28 raw mana with just a hybrid mod. Thus, the only possible conclusion on looking at the item is that it has 3 prefixes. It would be impossible for an item with the stats you list to be craftable.

But memorizing the entire item affix table is hard, so it's not like I expect you to do that ^_^; Just, if it looks like you're buying something amazing, it's worth checking if it's too amazing to be true.

Edit: damn it, tomal beat me to it.
Last edited by codetaku on May 10, 2016, 1:43:29 PM
Thanks again for the detailed explanations. Seems that erveryone else knows more about crafting than me :D But now i am slightly smarter than yesterday.

And now give me all your craftable sai daggers with 79% increased spell damage and an open prefix :D

Wish you all much fun, a good game and a good time! Cheers!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info