CI needs an overhaul (But it does not need energy shield percent)

uh...should we also rename ES life?

The line is already blurred with the introduction of chaos resistance, why make it basically the same thing?
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
eye of chyula/Dream Frags. Nuf Said.
Playing Minmatar is like being pushed down the stairs duct taped to an office chair while firing an Uzi in each hand.
CI should convert your life over to armor imho. When I was running CI, I found that while I had over 3k ES with discipline, it didn't matter considering that I was getting hit for 1k+ damage.

It seems that something changed after the nerf as far as damage against the energy shield. It takes alot more than what it did previously.

I gave up CI in favor of chaos resists + armor / es nodes (str/int build rather than pure int). I find that survival is much easier now than it was previously.
"
xxceoxx wrote:

Funny you said that! I am actually using Dream Fragments on my level 81 CI crit witch.

I do not use Eye because the only useful mod on it IS the stun immunity.

Not "Nuf said" - you're also forgetting about shock, ignite and chill, all three which happen when taking the smallest amounts of their respective damages. BROKEN. Dream fragments is hardly worth using when you're constantly being chilled.

Edit: For god's sake i get chilled when taking 50 cold damage from a skeleton mage in CRUEL difficulty on this character with max cold resist. Broken!
Metamorph IGN: WontGoAway
Last edited by NiceTry on Feb 24, 2013, 4:58:42 PM
"
NiceTry wrote:
"
xxceoxx wrote:

Funny you said that! I am actually using Dream Fragments on my level 81 CI crit witch.

I do not use Eye because the only useful mod on it IS the stun immunity.

Not "Nuf said" - you're also forgetting about shock, ignite and chill, all three which happen when taking the smallest amounts of their respective damages. BROKEN. Dream fragments is hardly worth using when you're constantly being chilled.

Edit: For god's sake i get chilled when taking 50 cold damage from a skeleton mage in CRUEL difficulty on this character with max cold resist. Broken!

Um, that was all possible in CB

To the other poster, maybe you're taking more damage because you're fighting a higher mllvl
"
NiceTry wrote:
I also feel that to balance this, it should retain the effect of setting your life to 1, but remove the immunity to chaos damage

No! This is completely against the the idea of Chaos Inoculation. It is a node that makes you COMPLETELY immune to chaos dmg, and this should never change.

I think another way to go about the stun/frozen issue, is instead of basing it off ES, base it off your current life percentage.

Players relying on HP defense nodes will have good resistance to stuns/cold effects when at full life, but will suffer once their life drops.

CI players will always be at full life, and will always have a bonus to defenses against stuns/cold, etc.
Player since closed beta 2012. Full system specs: https://pastebin.com/c4rvbvSR
'Tongueslurp the Unspeakable' - skeleton archer in Fellshrine Merciless
"
KoTao wrote:
CI users already have a 50% chance to avoid stuns due to base ES mechanics.

Like everyone else with ES... So it's not CI exclusive and therefore it's not a CL advantage.

"
KoTao wrote:
My experience so far is that CI is (finally) well balanced and doesnt currently need further change.

You lose all your life due to this keynode. While you gain life per level up, strength and many (much more) life nodes, there are only few ES nodes that are worth taking. If you go for ES/CI, you have a low life base on which status effects are calculated, which makes you very vulnerable to these effects, compared to life-users.

Right now CI is not balanced at all. The immunity against chaos damage is nice, but thats it. Stun protection you can easily get as a marauder or duelist due to a key node which makes you immune to it, or having high amounts of life, which also reduces stun chance. Life users on the other side have a good protection against other status effects due to their high amount of life. and additionaly they still can have some energy shield or can convert it with eldritch battery, which enables them to have more auras and are therefore much stronger then CI users.

Actually there is no point in having ES. To be able to use life regeneration and life leech for ES, you need the extra keynodes zealots oak and ghost reaver (for life you don't need such keynodes). If you don't get any of those, you won't regenerate for at least 3 seconds as long as you get hit by the enemy (given that you have at last 100%+ increased ES cooldown recovery). And many enemies don't even use chaos damage, so the protection won't come in handy in this kind of situations.

So, no, CI isn't balanced at all. They should have given it 20% ES increase or any other special effects like the OP suggested. Chaos immunity is just not enough compared to all the disadvantages you receive.
"
So, no, CI isn't balanced at all. They should have given it 20% ES increase or any other special effects like the OP suggested. Chaos immunity is just not enough compared to all the disadvantages you receive.

looks like they fixed it the way you want.
"
uro2 wrote:
"

looks like they fixed it the way you want.

I guess. :)

Only thing that I would further suggest is a energy shield flask which grants increased ES cooldown recovery (instead of a regeneration per second like life/mana flasks do). With this flask, ES still works like ES and not life.
Last edited by AceNightfire on Mar 13, 2013, 9:20:05 AM
For resistance Stuns and other status ailments, why not make it so they take into account your Energy Shield value? Something like: Half of Energy Shield is used instead of Life for resistance to Status Effects. This way those that pile on ES can pile on more ES or pile on Life. We could also tweak the ratio of ES:Resistance so that it's something like 1.25:1 if needed.

If it's too OP to just add this effect to CI directly, it could be added as additional passive nodes behind CI, and/or as a Unique Item Mod.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info