To catch a noob... :) AKA How to ID potential party and guild members...

Why not judge by lifetime points? :D
(but daamn, then i'm more pro than you... go me!)
Let's say we do want players to be able to discriminate based on "noobism". (Not saying we actually do want that, I actually think it would be a terrible thing.)
Wouldn't things like ratio of deaths on time played or experience gained per hour played (outside of town) within the last week be better for judging whether someone is good with the character or not?

With that out of the way, this reminds me of job hunting, with human resources using biased methodology to decide who to recruit, so you need to be learn how to manipulate them rather than be good at the job in order to get hired.
Most of the things you have commented on, like that I'm an elitist, a pro or that I want recognition for nothing is simply not true. I'm neither of that and I don't want any recognition.

All I want is to be able to connect with like minded "old" PoE enthusiasts and get in touch with the crowd that helped shape PoE to the beautiful game that it is now.
Obviously newbs and late comers wouldn't be able to answer most of those questions simply because they weren't there when those things happened.

@Antaiseito: You do know that lifetime points is for participating in challenge leagues and timed events. I'm a casual player. I simply have no time besides work, living my life and other things to take part in those things.
I tried everything once but it simply comes down to the fact that I have no time.

The title of the thread and some of the filler text in my OP was a purposeful trolling to get a rise out of potential commenters before they contibuted their thoughts. Needless to say it served it's purpose completely based on your comments here. What a gullible crowd you are.

My character tab is not hidden on purpose either. I simply couldn't care less if it was hidden or not, so I left it on it's base setting which turns out to be: hidden.

Perq: I didn't know that most old time, long term players played on temp leagues as I only play softcore standard 99% of the time and I play solo, always. I sometimes try out temp leagues but as I said before, I end up not having time for them.
Besided all characters end up on softcore standard eventually.

Only those god-mode nolifers with shittons of currency can afford to level "safely" to 100 on hardcore.
So you basically want a bubble of people that think like you and strengthen your beliefs such that you can feel good and warm and at home. Sounds like Facebook was made for you.

Anyways, I've shown you how you can do that already, did you read / try that?

"
Peterking72 wrote:
My character tab is not hidden on purpose either. I simply couldn't care less if it was hidden or not, so I left it on it's base setting which turns out to be: hidden.

Wrong. The standard is visible, and I very highly doubt that GGG has changed that in the past. In any case, if it doesn't matter, why don't you change the setting? It is only a few clicks, less than it took you to write that sentence.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Peterking72 wrote:
All I want is to be able to connect with like minded "old" PoE enthusiasts and get in touch with the crowd that helped shape PoE to the beautiful game that it is now.

Why don't you join a guild...
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
I would only join a guild if I had more time to play PoE.
I am a casual player at best. I have less time to play now since I moved back to Hungary from London last year. I wanted to move back, but it's so uncertain now as the UK is quitting the EU. I have to wait it out, see what happens and how it affects the GBP.

So, basically what I'm saying is I don't have enough free time to enjoy the benefits of a guild and most guilds need people for full time or at least to show up regularly. That is only fair to the other parties involved in that guild.
Since I can't do that it wouldn't be fair to others.
If there were any guilds that could take me no matter how often I would visit(once a week, twice a month etc..) then that would be great. However I doubt such guild exist since the main reason guilds form is to benefit a group that plays on a regular basis.

Plus I don't play well in groups. I was always a lone gunman. Even when I played multiplayer in other games with my brother I was jealous of him if he found a better gear than me or was better at playing the game.

Anyhow it wouldn't work right now.
I'm not in a guild so i am a noob Kappa
This would end up not the way you envision OP. For instance, if you look at my stats you may deduce that I am a good player, when that is far from accurate.
I've been around longer than the OP. What do you want to know
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info