To catch a noob... :) AKA How to ID potential party and guild members...

I'm here since the original closed beta of PoE. I am what is commonly considered as an "old boy" in terms of video game lingo.
I myself am a solo player...

BUT

If I ever take fancy to multiplayer or would like to assemble a guild or just play with a team of pro's who know what they're doing then there is a great idea of how to separate those "Great Herd" from the rest of the cattle.

Pretty easy and a complete no-brainer:

Besides the well known name tag there would be an indicator of when the player created his account, when he created the actual character he is currently playing, how much time he played that character. These would be the basic things that could be displayed without question and whether said player wants it or not. These things are common sense in my opinion.
There could be an on/off switch for it if there would be any whining from the noobs.

Then there are other things that said player could enable to be displayed about him: is he part of a guild or not, AFK or not, was he part of either betas of PoE or not. There are a lot of things that could be displayed there. Little things that may not count to others but mean a lot to someone else.

I hope there is a real need for this to happen. If not else then the ability of other old boys to identify themselves whenever in town.

Last bumped on Jun 28, 2016, 2:12:01 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Hardly ever seen a post reek more of elitism, but anyways: How do you identify the "elite" by whether they have been in the closed beta or not? BTW the website displays when an account was created - but given that you have been there since closed beta, you surely know that. And you surely know as well how to access the profile of someone you find in the game.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
It's a learn to live issue.

If a pro is a dick he's actually useless if you want to have a guild that's not useless. You don't need pros in a guild, you need people that actually are ready to share.

You have to be able to judge men. Using words.

I'd like if the have this implemented and see how a failure it would be to use that to assemble a group.
For an Emperor to be just, an Emperor must be patient.
Yet another closed beta pro that never did anything for the community , yet demands recognition in return .

The question is in return for what exactly ?
R.I.P 4.B.
Last edited by tryhardgg on May 3, 2016, 8:21:16 PM
"
Peterking72 wrote:
Besides the well known name tag there would be an indicator of when the player created his account, when he created the actual character he is currently playing, how much time he played that character. These would be the basic things that could be displayed without question and whether said player wants it or not. These things are common sense in my opinion.
There could be an on/off switch for it if there would be any whining from the noobs.

This coming from someone who hides his own character tab is kind of funny.
Hey there, "old boy"! lolololollllol
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch
You don't even differentiate between noob and newb, that's cute. Wouldn't even go into more complex considerations like what's more beneficial for your game experience, playing with a complete ass who's knowledgeable of the game or with a good lad who's a bit new. You wouldn't know the difference as you're playing with an ass all the time :P
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Peterking72 wrote:
I'm here since the original closed beta of PoE. I am what is commonly considered as an "old boy" in terms of video game lingo.
I myself am a solo player...

BUT

If I ever take fancy to multiplayer or would like to assemble a guild or just play with a team of pro's who know what they're doing then there is a great idea of how to separate those "Great Herd" from the rest of the cattle.

Pretty easy and a complete no-brainer:

Then there are other things that said player could enable to be displayed about him: is he part of a guild or not, AFK or not, was he part of either betas of PoE or not. There are a lot of things that could be displayed there. Little things that may not count to others but mean a lot to someone else.

I hope there is a real need for this to happen. If not else then the ability of other old boys to identify themselves whenever in town.

There is no such need. You just want to feel special for finding out about the game earlier than everyone else. And as someone who claim to be an old timer, you still fail to realize, that most of long term players play on temp leagues, where the time they created their characters doesn't mean jack shit.

The funnies bit is that your characters are private. Lol.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on May 4, 2016, 3:41:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info