We need more of free stuff and everything hard is boring and frustrating !

"
tryhardgg wrote:
"
Frankenberry wrote:
"
tryhardgg wrote:
Soon enough you'll have the whole game to play by yourself .

Looking forward to it. Would be nice to actually have a game with a nice community instead of the current whine-fest in feedback / general.

You misunderstood what I said .

I don't think so. I am looking forward to the whining part of the community leaving this game. To me it would be a great addition. I am fed up with the endless whining from players who want everything handed to them on a silver platter.

GGG quadrupled endgame-unique droprates -.- Still (the same) people whine on droprates. They want more.

The powercreep in this game is real - overall GGG have buffed characters (frenzy charges, new powerful uniques, ascendancy classes, clear speed times faster than ever). Still people whine on this game being to difficult. "I got 1-shot" (which is usually not even the case - they don't even understand what 1-shot is -.-)

Labyrinth is easy. Do it 3 times and buy the enchants if you don't like it. But oh...my...god... the whining on this subject is completely bunkers. It is of the charts. GGG made new content that is in no way impossible to beat. It takes very little time to do the mandatory 3 runs. "My character suck at labyrinth" - to which I can only respond A) you suck at this game or B) yes you can clear it. Just not as fast as other builds. Which is totally fine. Not all characters should excel in every aspect of this game.

"Economy sucks" - nope. You just want everything handed to you for free. If you do not want to trade fine. Then play builds which are not relying on specific uniques and learn to craft. Really - my strategy every single league is to sell a few items here and there, convert some currency through trading and buy the items I want. It is that simple. You do not need to flip. You do not need to mf. You can play anyway you want to. As long as you do it somewhat efficiently.

I could go on. These forums and this community have become so filled with whining and endless suggestions that only serve to make the game easier, less interested and boring.

So I do not think I misunderstood your post :)
Feel free to correct me if I am wrong in that regard

Edit: And don't even get me started on map drops. It has nothing to do with luck. There is some small element of RNG but over time it evens out. It does so in every single league. And yet we have the same threads from the same players doing endless whining on a subject that could be solved by looking inward and actually trying to learn to sustain a map pool.

The wast majority of players problems in or with this game could be solved by themselves if they tried to learn. Doing some math on fusing / chromatic cost / efficient ways to farm some currency / realistic goals and so on. Or ask on the forums if they are to lazy (lazy is fine) to do the math themselves but for the love of god: stop whining about stuff you could easily solve yourself if you tried to.
Last edited by Frankenberry on May 5, 2016, 8:34:32 AM
Sadly OP is right and sadly i don't think it's a minority.
It goes both ways, though. It seems like every single tiny critique is interpreted as if the poster can't stand and wants to get rid of the whole lab. Game is not perfect yet. Point that out and watch the shitstorm unfold.
"
dyneol wrote:
It goes both ways, though. It seems like every single tiny critique is interpreted as if the poster can't stand and wants to get rid of the whole lab. Game is not perfect yet. Point that out and watch the shitstorm unfold.

Often because of their attitude towards learning.

I play some Starcraft and in Starcraft (and other E-sports games) there is a good mindset and a bad mindset.

A bad mindset is "I lost, therefore my opponent is a cheeser (opponent used a sneaky "noob"-strategy) or he got lucky or his race is overpowered or some other X-factor".

A good mindset is "I lost. Now I need to accept that I made a mistake and learn from it so I can get better".

You tell me which mindset is the more fitting the wast majority of critique posts?

Now don't get me wrong - there are also bad feedback and people with a bad mindset in SC and other games and they fail. And they never understand why they keep failing. Just like in PoE.

If players looked inwards and tried to actually learn from streamers, asked on forums for guidance and so on they would receive a solid answer. But usually they fail to see the game as a whole. They see things from a narrow (and often misleading) angle. It becomes extremely annoying.

I really feel bad for GGG with the whole labyrinth issue. They created new content that is quite unique for an ARPG (at least to my knowledge). They tried something new and imo they succeeded. Is it perfect? Well no. I would like enchants to be a tradeable currency and some remake of glove enchants but at least I am self aware enough to understand that my suggestion above has upsides and downsides.

But what happened when they released Labyrinth? Lots of players shit on it because they fail to do 3 small runs (this should take a maximum of 1,5 hours including trials if you are slow).
Wast majority of them could just do 3 runs and never go back. It is not a big deal.

Look inwards. Learn from mistakes. Ask for help.
Last edited by Frankenberry on May 5, 2016, 8:48:22 AM
Some people say game is boring because it's too hard.

Some people say game is boring because it's too easy.

It's the same game for everybody. How can you balance a game that some people say is too hard and other people say is too easy? Make it easier for the 1st group and the second group gets even more unhappy. Make it harder for the second group and the first group gets even more unhappy. There is absolutely no way to please everybody.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
Some people say game is boring because it's too hard.

Some people say game is boring because it's too easy.

It's the same game for everybody. How can you balance a game that some people say is too hard and other people say is too easy? Make it easier for the 1st group and the second group gets even more unhappy. Make it harder for the second group and the first group gets even more unhappy. There is absolutely no way to please everybody.

I somewhat agree :)

To me the problem seems that some people think they are entitled to success even though they don't put in the hours in the game. You should not expect to reach T15 maps on a regular basis or get 6L shavronne's etc. if you are only playing a few hours a week.

Some leagues I play a lot. Some leagues I don't have a lot of time on my hands so I don't play a lot. But each league I reach my goals because I don't expect to reach beyond the time I put into the ga

Each player can play the game at their own difficulty. They can just do normal atziri instead of uber atziri or whatever. They can do T11-12 instead of T15. They can have a lvl 7 zana instead of trying to reach a lvl 8. Go for a build that works on a 5L setup instead of reading a "mirror-gear-guide" with 6L setup requirements and wonder "why is this not working?".
Last edited by Frankenberry on May 5, 2016, 10:42:06 AM
Gotta bump this thread, more and more whinny threads are popping up.
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info