[2.2 PHC] The current state of CoC Discharge

thanks for the writing up of everything, really high quality information.

so nothing has changed for 2.3 supposedly? i guess there is nothing good to take for the remaining 2 ascendancy points if you get 8 in total with uber lab now, so just grab attackspeed nodes?

also, can you talk about how much better increased aoe gem is compared to LL when speedclearing maps
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
Yeah this is definitely the best COC guide!!!! Thank you for the write up.

With 2.3 coming up it doesn't seem like COC Discharge will get nerfed. If thats the case I will try to roll this.

How would you start this build in a brand new league? What would you level with safely and when would you want to switch to coc discharge?? Is it relatively easy as a first build in a fresh league or is it not recommended?
I personally don't have any plans to start a fresh league with this build, but I know people who have, and they have been very successful. Now the reason for their success I can't exactly attribute entirely to coc discharge because some people play, what I would call, an abnormally high amount of hours at the beginning of fresh leagues, so I expect results to vary from person to person.

Anyways, I would level as life-based bladefall or blade vortex because they share aoe damage nodes on the tree with discharge which saves respec points. I would respec into a 5-link coc discharge (leech gem, vagan dagger [no multi mod]) around merciless lab (~level 70). If I somehow had good gear, I'd do the merciless lab as fakener because I'm not bothered by either the traps or Izaro, but otherwise I'd respec into fakener after running merciless lab on some other build.

On a 5-linked fakener, Jeebie, the third/second place finisher on PHC on fakener, alleges that the build is fine for yellow maps and possibly tier 12s. So after getting into maps, there's the big hurdle of getting a voll's devotion, and then the rest of the gear upgrades come after that.
Really good thread, thank you for taking the time to consolidate all of this information :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info