Can item still maintain 2 crafted prefix if elreon mod scoured off?

"
DarkWap wrote:
the right answer is B (tested several times)

vagan weapon -> regal and got a bad suffix
multimod + pref cannot be changed + double mastercrafted prefix
scouring -> 3 prefix (hits cannot be evaded + 2 mastercrafted)
remove mastercrafted mods with bench

"
Nick42 wrote:
The closest experience I have to this situation is crafting a +3 bow, where I used multimod to fill up my suffixes, exalted a prefix, and then I master scoured the bow, which removed the meta mod as well as all other crafted suffixes. However, I wasn't using the Haku prefixes cannot be changed mod, so this is where our situations differ. Plus I used a master scour, not a scouring orb.

this is not the correct way to craft a +3 bow: it's expensive and not very effective

Your linked items have no proof of B. If you want to prove B, you must link an item that has no multimod but 2 modded prefixes.

It seems like the correct answer, based on your items, would actually be (D) all crafted modifiers and all suffixes will be removed, but the prefix you started with would remain and the item would still be rare.

But if you have proof that the correct answer really is B, I'm interested.
"
"
DarkWap wrote:

vagan weapon -> regal and got a bad suffix
multimod + pref cannot be changed + double mastercrafted prefix
scouring -> 3 prefix (hits cannot be evaded + 2 mastercrafted)
remove mastercrafted mods with bench

Your linked items have no proof of B. If you want to prove B, you must link an item that has no multimod but 2 modded prefixes.

It seems like the correct answer, based on your items, would actually be (D) all crafted modifiers and all suffixes will be removed, but the prefix you started with would remain and the item would still be rare.

But if you have proof that the correct answer really is B, I'm interested.

I have no proof because it was an intermediate step: my goal was to have the vagan's mod alone on a rare item, instead of a magic one.
If I don't mastercraft multimod and the 2 prefixes, and I just go with the pref cannot be changed, the weapon reverts to magic when I use the scouring

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info