Can item still maintain 2 crafted prefix if elreon mod scoured off?

IE. start with rare chest that has 1 prefix.
Then add on multimod (suffix) + craft on catarina +1 zombie & +2 skele (both prefix) + craft on prefix cannot be changed (suffix).
Then scour.

the result would be what?

A. Scour cannot be applied.
B. multimod mod + other suffixes would be removed but the 2 crafted prefixes + original prefix stays
C. since multimod was removed, the prefixes would also be removed.

i've tried searching, didn't get anything.
Last bumped on Apr 29, 2016, 3:00:46 PM
It should worck, honestly multy mod only give aboility to add more mods with masters but its not needed actualy to mentain them, well thats just my opinion.
Last edited by nEVER_BoRN on Apr 28, 2016, 10:27:57 PM
Scouring orb removes all properties from an item and makes it white. Only exceptions being unique items, afaik ...
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
"
Wazz72 wrote:
Scouring orb removes all properties from an item and makes it white. Only exceptions being unique items, afaik ...

This is wrong. The cannot be changed metamods block the scour. Other than that, good question op. I guess it would work
what we start with:
2 pres
1suff

(rare item!)

1) haku pres cannot be changed
2) scouring

result:
2 prefixed rare

after that u can also do some funny stuff like pick an item name u want:

1) multimod
2) pres cannot be changed
3) suffs cannot be changed

4) chaos orb spam (everytime u chaos it, name will be changed, item stays the same [stats])
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
Last edited by Doe on Apr 29, 2016, 4:45:20 AM
"
what we start with:
2 pres
1suff

(rare item!)

1) haku pres cannot be changed
2) scouring

result:
2 prefixed rare

after that u can also do some funny stuff like pick an item name u want:

1) multimod
2) pres cannot be changed
3) suffs cannot be changed

4) chaos orb spam (everytime u chaos it, name will be changed, item stays the same [stats])

Well yes... but in the OP's special case those original prefixes only exist because a suffix allows them to exist, so the question is whether more than 1 crafted mod can remain if the elreon meta mod is removed.

The closest experience I have to this situation is crafting a +3 bow, where I used multimod to fill up my suffixes, exalted a prefix, and then I master scoured the bow, which removed the meta mod as well as all other crafted suffixes. However, I wasn't using the Haku prefixes cannot be changed mod, so this is where our situations differ. Plus I used a master scour, not a scouring orb.
Legacy SC IGN: Octora
Standard SC IGN: Octyte
the right answer is B (tested several times)

vagan weapon -> regal and got a bad suffix
multimod + pref cannot be changed + double mastercrafted prefix
scouring -> 3 prefix (hits cannot be evaded + 2 mastercrafted)
remove mastercrafted mods with bench

"
Nick42 wrote:
The closest experience I have to this situation is crafting a +3 bow, where I used multimod to fill up my suffixes, exalted a prefix, and then I master scoured the bow, which removed the meta mod as well as all other crafted suffixes. However, I wasn't using the Haku prefixes cannot be changed mod, so this is where our situations differ. Plus I used a master scour, not a scouring orb.

this is not the correct way to craft a +3 bow: it's expensive and not very effective
Last edited by DarkWap on Apr 29, 2016, 11:59:20 AM
awesome ty, i thought the answer was B as well, been thinking of crafting a life + skelly/zombie chest for summoner.
"
DarkWap wrote:

this is not the correct way to craft a +3 bow: it's expensive and not very effective

Yeah it was super expensive, but I needed control over which resistances I got, so I was prepared to do it this way instead of the cheaper but more random way.
Legacy SC IGN: Octora
Standard SC IGN: Octyte
Last edited by Nick42 on Apr 29, 2016, 12:20:59 PM
"
SIQI wrote:
awesome ty, i thought the answer was B as well, been thinking of crafting a life + skelly/zombie chest for summoner.

I'd craft a chest with T1-2 life + double res (alts + regal), then multimod +skeletons and +zombies

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info