Essence Drain + Poison

Does the degen regen effect of Essence Drain affect Poisons it applies when linked to the Poison Skill Gem? They're both Chaos and Debuffs, as well as will be applied by the same thing.
Last bumped on Apr 27, 2016, 5:43:17 PM
No, or at least it shouldn't be, no idea how well they fixed the skill, it did all sorts of things on introduction. However, I think spell damage still affects poison inflicted by the skill, even though it probably also shouldn't.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I don't quite understand the question.
To answer what I think was asked (anyone with more info on this please chime in, I'm not as proficient as I was in years past):
Essence drain can be supported with poison, with it's entire hit damage factoring into the calculation.
If Essence drain is supported with poison, or you have spell poison on hit through a unique, the poison will be based on the base damage, but not any inherent degeneration, as that is not a hit.
Neither with the inherent degeneration benefit from poison nodes.
The poison will benefit from the nodes the degeneration benefits from, though, as those are spell damage, projectile damage (both improves the "hit") and DoT / chaos damage, which will benefit the poison directly and potentially "double-dip".
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
I thought it was clear. Apparently not, though. I'm asking if Essence Drain's Degeneration based Regeneration works with Poison it applies. Basically, does Poison inflicted by Essence Drain heal you?
Last edited by BlackHellion on Apr 27, 2016, 2:58:38 PM
Like I said, not sure if the skill is still buggy. You can check it fairly easily yourself, cast a low level essence drain and note for how much it healed you. Then link it to added chaos to give it a higher base and poison support and repeat, it should be easy to tell.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Apr 27, 2016, 3:06:45 PM
I think the degeneration and healing aren't actually connected, but if they are, then no.
Otherwise also no, obviously
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info