[2.2]Yolo flicker 2h crit poison, 3 million dps, - out dated, new build in link

Outdated, i keep this thread alive for 2.2 references

for a bit different up to date 2.3 version, see here, better with more everything :

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1674910/my-posts/1

This build is very difficult to make, because it requires a lot of corrupted items, and it will not reach full efficiency without them. Also there is margine for improvements, depending of the items used and yours resistances.

There is three variants:

- the first one has the highest dps without vinktar and cant use it
- the second one is the tankiest and can be played with vinktar, lowest dps
- the third one has the highest dps with vinktar flask, middle dps without vinktar

The skill three is the same.

If you have clicked on the thread because of the 10M+ title, there is no trick, it's doable but not viable !

Abyssus + mind fang mirrored weapon is a suicide, you will be capped resistance and can wear the gear but reflect will have your life too.

If you want to try it, look at the third variant of the build.

General idea

Physical, poison, curse, crit, two handed sword, life, evasion, dodge, assassin.

Warning, wall of text
Spoiler
"

How to scale physical damage with a melee attack to it's fullest potential?
The answer is Poison plus vulnerability curse plus shock plus frenzy charges, it's the most broken mechanic in the game when we use the multipliers available.

Another great multiplier for poison is temporal chain but it doesnt double dip, it boots the duration of poison by 40% even at level 1. I will not use it for my first variant build because it requires an additionnal curse.

To get good physical damage, we also need critical chance and crit mult, so we pick assassin's ascendancy for ambush + assassinate giving 100% More crit chance on full & low life plus culling strike.

Because the damage per strike is insane, the idea is to Wreck the packs with one strike and bosses with a low amount of strikes. Therefore only 47.5% crit chance is needed because the crit cap is 95%. However, to get higher crit chance is beneficial against bosses when they arent full nor low life, it's a bonus and NOT a requirement.

Assassin's mark grants 9% crit chance for the target to be critical hit so actually, we only need 43% crit chance in total to be efficient. Is not it awesome to always oneshot packs with crits with only 43% crit chance? And it grants power charges, reducing the needed crit chance to reach the 43% requirement.

Crit stability is not needed, because ambush and assassinate + poison creates a kind of damage buffer. Even if a crit fail, the poison will put monsters to low life, once the monster is in the low life range it's virtually dead. ( full crit, and culling strike and poison). This case applies to bosses and rare monsters with a lot of life.

However, to get over 50% crit chance with assassin's mark counted is better, because 1/2 of yours hit will be crit when monsters arent full life nor low life.

So the 43% range is perfect! Capped 95% on full life/low life and 52% otherwise.

Thoo the poison needs 2.6 seconds to deal the full damage. So we need enough hit damage to wreck packs with one strike and enough poison to wreck rares and bosses under 3 seconds.

It's what this build do.

To make it short

- First variant damage per crit strike and dps

9 frenzy, shock, vulne, assa mark, poison, crit + Potions buff + unholy might + blood rage

"

484 583 average damage with one CRITICAL strike.

The dps without crit is 772 690

The dps with crit counted is 2 998 035

3 million dps

- Third variant dps

9 frenzy, shock, vulne, assa mark, poison, crit + Potions buff + unholy might + blood rage
AND temporal chain

"

Without shock: 2 152 637 dps

Let's add Vessel of vinktar.

with shock: 4 465 251 dps

For the epeen experiment, with abyssus that is too suicidal for the build

With shock + abyssus: 6 100 000
With shock + abyssus + mirrored mind fang sword: 10 700 000

^ In thoses numbers, the accuracy is not counted, dps can be reduced by 8% to 11% depending of the variant.

^ With ambush and assassinate nodes, the crit chance is capped at 95% on full life and low life. I havent counted them! The real dps is VERY higher, depending of the maximum life of the target.

Concept

"

9 Frenzy: 36% More on initial damage, 36% on poison.
Shock: 50% More on initial damage, 50% on poison.
Vulnerability: 25% More phys damage, 33% on poison.
Assassin's mark: Extra crit multiplier and crit chance.

For the 2nd and 3rd variants, Temporal chain: 40% More poison duration

Potions for more multipliers and double dipping flask effects with atziri's promise scaling on elemental damage, granting chaos damage and poison damage in the end.

= Poison ultra dip to the infinity and beyond.

Tree

"

- Inspired learning jewel to get monster buffs.
- Malicious intent jewel, 30% of physical as extra chaos damage.
- A rare jewel to complete yours stats: resistances, stats, life or damage/crit mult.

Bandit quest

"
normal: oak or kill all
cruel: oak or kill all, kraityn is a decent choice too.
merciless: kraityn for the frenzy charge

To kill them all grant two extra skill points. It's easier to customize the build.
And two extra points is an equivalent of 10% increased hp.

First variant, great dps and self done shock

Here we shock with three dragon + added fire damage because it's safier and it doesnt reduce physical/chaos damage on contrary of physical to lightning.

"

if you cant get mana leech on gear, you will need one node in the mana leech cluster of the ranger area

Corrupted items with vulnerability and extra frenzy charges are NEEDED to reach the full effect. Especially vulnerability. The scaling of the damage cant be done without thoses items, the build is still viable but not insane.

Blasphemy vulnerability 20/20 against curse on hit vulnerability:

Spoiler
the most important thing is the corrupted vulnerability on hit. Maligaro, facebreaker, rare ... it doesnt matter ! you need vulnerability on hit.

If you dont have it, blasphemy + vulne + assassin's mark = 70% mana reserved
you lose Arctic armour and the mana becomes difficult to manage

You gain 14% more physical damage with vulne lvl 20 q20 + blasphemy. It's a lot.

But whenever you go away, it removes the curse of the opponent so he doesnt take 33% poison damage anymore, very problematic. With curse on hit, the curse stays on the target even if you are 2 miles away.

It will happen a lot, against merveil when she teleports or dominus when you dodge, or any boss that you cant face roll.

It's a big downside to blasph + vulne.

Recap for the first variant:

"

Offensive:
- 9 frenzy charges
- 92% chance to hit
- 55.2% crit chance with 3 power charges, 9% chance for the target to receive a crit= 64%
- assassin ambush + assassinate = 100% crit chance on first strike & last ones
- Dual curse vulnerability & assassin's mark
- Fire shocks
- Poison ultra dip to the infinity and beyond
- Always one shot packs, always crit on first hit, always shock on first hit
- Destroy bosses like no tomorrow.

Defensive:
- 4400 hp
- 13.4% life regen
- 32% eva
- 46% dodge
- 30% spell dodge
- can use kaom's heart instead ,5400 hp but reflect is ultra dangerous with this setup.
- arctic armour or grace if you have enlighten 4

Flexible:

- Can swap flicker for viper strike and use faster attack instead of poison support = Insane monotarget dps when fully charged, can also swap melee splash for WED or similar (void manipulation requires a recolor of the sockets).

- Reload frenzy charge when needed with quillrain bow + frenzy

DO NOT USE PHYSICAL TO LIGHTNING SUPPORT !! it will reduce the physical damage then the poison.

The n(d)umb0rZ for the first variant:

Screenshot
Spoiler

The ingame tooltip numbers are inaccurate, they do not take into account the 100% crit on first hit and the 100% crits on low life, nor the curses nor poison nor shock and they are based on the 54% crit chance.

"
13 682 dmg tooltip with golem
21 958 full charges & golem

48 815 damage on the tooltip with potions and Malicious Intent jewel which gives unholy might, full charges, golem

aps : 7.75
aps with vaal haste: 8.77

raw "tooltip" dps with potions + vaal haste = 428 107

First variant REAL DAMAGE AFTER ALL THE HIDDEN MULTS \o/

Spoiler
"
With potions + vulne + poison ( increased% and duration ) + shock + 9 frenzy + unholy might + assassin's mark

the base damage without crit/mult aps & accuracy :

4863-8480 phys = 6671.5 average
13-179 lightning = 96 avg
2259-3933 fire = 3096 avg
1512-2536 cold = 2024 avg
4227-7417 chaos = 5822

phys is boosted by vulne 25% more = 8339.75 then by 50% shock = 12 509
let's stack all elemental damage, 5216, then shock: 7824
chaos 5822*1.5 = 8733

total 29 066 damage

Poison damage based on 21 242 damage

increased 38+76+180= 294
2 seconds and 30% duration
Vulnerability 33%
shock 50%
frenzy 36%

poison = 59 040 over 2.6 seconds

One hit deals 88 106

Crit with 5.5 crit mult (assassin's mark):

159 863 damage + 324 720 poison over 2.6 seconds = 484 583 DAMAGE with one strike

No crit dps with potion/full buff/full debuff:

772 689.62

64% crit dps with potion/full buff/full debuff:

2 998 035.7256 dps

Thoo poison needs 2.6 seconds to deal it's damage.

Second variant, the safier one

"

- 4500 hp, 40% dodge, 30% spell dodge, 46% evasion

- The key item is asenath' corrupted vulnerability + enfeeble blasphemy. Temporal chain plus enfeeble. We throw away fire damage and shock for fortify.

- Temporal chain increases the poison duration by 40%, acting as a "more" multiplier while slowing down monsters.

- Fortify in the main link to have it constantly enabled.

- Chill + Temporal chain + Enfeeble + Fortify + Artic armour + taste of hate and 46% evasion 40% dodge 30% spell dodge grant great survivability against everything.

- The dps is still enough to rape t13 bosses in 4 seconds. I have done twined bosses village ruin (4 bosses) without problems using the 9 frenzy charges.

- But the critical strike chance is very low. 70% against full life / low life monsters and 35% otherwise. The gain in survability is real.

- CWDT + Blade vortex + power charge on critical strike + blind grants crit chances and survivability, however the power charges aren't permanent.

Without shock and the loss of crit mults/crit chances & fire damage, i expect the dps to be around 1 million, i haven't done the maths.

A third variant, less dps than the first, less survivability than the second, but insane scaling with Vessel of vinktar

"
It's the second version with Assassin's mark instead of enfeeble, and void manipulation instead of fortify as shown here:

On the weapon and on the gloves, two gems swap make an insane difference for the dps, the gear is the same.

or

48.4% crit chance with 3 power charges + 9% from assassin's mark.

It uses vessel of vinktaar flask to shock. The dps will skyrocket because of void manipulation 39% more chaos plus temporal chain 40% "more" duration.

vessel shocks yourself too so fairgrave's tricorne is great

Thoo you can also use a quick silver flask with "cannot be shocked"

Damage of the third version:

"
The dps with assassin's mark + temporal chain + vulne + 9 frenzy + 3 power charges + unholy might + vaal haste +taste of hate + lion's roar + atziri's promise

2 152 637 dps over 3.64 seconds! Without shock!

With a vessel of vinktar shock: 4 465 251 over 3.64 seconds

Because shock double dip on the strike then on poison, the damage is increased by far more than 50%.

And for the lulz, with Abyssus 212% crit mult + vinktar

A minimum of 6 099 586

I havent counted the extra 40-60 physical damage!
So the dps is higher by 13 % more or less.

However, abyssus is not viable for this build. Too much reflected damage and no way to reduce the physical damage taken.

Also, keep in mind, thoses numbers do not have the accuracy reduction calculated.
The accuracy is 92% without abyssus and 89% with abyssus.
We lose 8% dps with the normal hat or 11% with abyssus

Thoses numbers do not have ambush and assassinate nodes counted too so the real dps is higher anyway.

For the lulz again, the mirrored Mind fang exquisite blade has 837.13 dps. My sword has 477.5.

With a mirrored sword + abyssus + vinktar we reach 10 700 000 dps!

Math for this third version, without and with vinktar' shock,

with assassin's mark + temporal chain + vulne + 9 frenzy + 3 power charges + potions + unholy might + vaal haste
Spoiler

- average damage without crit ( full self buff potions )

phys 6518.5
light 79
cold 1937.5
chaos 7266

8148.125 phys with vulne
17 430 total damage

poison based on 15 414.125 dmg (phys+chaos)
More: 36% frenzy + 39 void manipulation + 33 vulnerability
304% increased dmg and 30% inc duration 40% more duration

(15 414 /10) * 4.04 * 1.36 * 1.39 * 1.33 * 2 * 1.3 * 1.4
56 991 over 3.64 seconds

total no crit damage : 17430 + 59 991 = 74 421

- no crit dps :

aps 8.7

647 468.1375 no crit dps over 3.64 seconds

- Crit dps :

57.4 crit + 505 crit mult ( with assassin's mark counted & 3 power)

647 468.14 * (0.574 *4.05 +1) = 2 152 637 dps Over 3.64 seconds!

- With shock it's :

26 145 hit damage + 128 229 poison damage for a total of 154 374 damage.

775K per Crit strike.

no crit dps: 1 343 053.8

crit dps: 4 465 251

Also this build can be played

"
- with the goddess unleashed > swap Added fire with Weapon elemental damage, can also use abyssus + vinktar for maximum effect because the fire damage is relatively low on goddess and it will not shock bosses.

- or a One handed rapier with insane Damage is doable too.

- With atziri's disfavour Earthquake instead of flicker

Thoses possibilities require some small modifications in the tree and they are viable
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Last edited by Geisalt on Jun 8, 2016, 10:37:44 AM
Last bumped on Jun 8, 2016, 10:36:09 AM
Here is what i believe to be a way smoother and stronger tree (at least dps wise). And go for assassin, youll get 95% crit chance.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBALDYotkyMiM2yBQQklMQ9W_ZhmqMvG8WvyaVdf1h4oRvVUvUQow2tUiJ021scFI2Ped07LAqC1WFnaro1owLXfKly2yMIuqbJs3qBbW5fA5IYqzDOjIBjb_jhBGWm7UqOLIZUUfUIw3RwJwHHn_GhMXPejB8N9Q-z-dUMHFjQ6c0lS6io5MnJ6lh6419fyvtP73mJP3dqPDVwfO-iu-IelMj9lb6_95LeI_6SVGVIKEv-TdNknfXOkJcQGsXLR_Xz3SgVL286kyzSbFYdQaiFe3AVAQH0B8gbgYgF9yWi2pDg9vv61Aw1blVxjpYAAAAAA==

Assassin is -> Deadly Infusion, Unstable Infusion + Ambush.

You can also change the tree to be a bit safer, like this and probably still be crit capped, with the option of using any weapon. (1hand, 2hand, staff, whatever)

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBALDYotkyMiM2yBQQklMQ9W_ZhmqMvG8WvyaVdf1h4oRvVUvUQow2tUiJ021scFI2Ped07LAqC1WFnaro1owLXfKly2yMIuqbJs3qBbW5fA5IYqzDOjIBjb_jhBGWm7UqOLIZUUfUIw3RwJwHHn_GhMXPejB8N9Q-z-dUMHFjQ6c0lS6io5MnJ6lh64197T-95iT93ajw1cHzvorviHpTI_b_3kt4j_pJUZUgoS_5N02SOkJcQGsXLR_Xz1S9vOpMs0mxFe3AVAQH0B8gbpaLakOD2-_rUDDVuVXGOlijiu4O73rTfgBeGY7tgwgufXX-ugAAAAA=
Last edited by ZePample on Apr 26, 2016, 10:18:14 AM
i'm losing 13% life regen but get vaal pact. It's not even a choice, 13% regen is safier and can use atziri's acuity/ vinktar flask.

i'm losing 140% poison damage, it's a freakin fukin lot a bit more than 1/3 of my poison damage, so let's say 1/5 of my total damage

i'm losing an insane amount of %increased physical, losing so much that it's too long to count.

i'm losing inspired learning jewel socket too, this alone is a desesperate move.

i'm losing an insane amount of accuracy, i will enjoy the 85% chance to hit.

i'm losing evasion.

i'm losing attack speed.

i lose a frenzy charge. (more damage)

i gain two power charges (maybe 100% crit chance with ascendancy?) and 5% extra chaos damage...

Why do you take ambush with deadly infusion, WTF?! 200% crit chance is useless D:

Sorry, dps wise it's a disaster, make yours maths and you will see.
efficiency per point spent is a disaster too.

I use Ambush and assassinate BECAUSE it kills packs in one hit without a lot of crit, it gives culling strike too.

I dont need 95% crit chance, i need one shots with 100% crit chance on first hit for packs and decent crits between "not full life and low life" against bosses. With the high amount of damage per strike, it's fine with 64% crit, especially with the low AS. It's what i have and it doesnt need more.

In fact, it needs only 50% crit chance, more is not necessary for this setup, it doesnt hurt but doesnt help to clean map and only very few bosses with over 5 000 000 <- (haha)life would make a difference.
Last edited by Geisalt on Apr 26, 2016, 10:53:40 AM
Shameless Bump plus added a tankier version.
Hi,

thanks for sharing

Can you add bandit choises?
ing marrenna
oh ya, i forgot!

so for the bandit :

normal: oak or kill all
cruel : oak or kill all, kraityn is a decent choice too.
merciless : kraityn for the frenzy charge

We can get either 40 hp + 16 % phys or an equivalent of 10% increased hp in the skill tree. It also depends of your actual level and when you plan to stop the leveling.

The easiest is to pick the extra skill points by killing bandits because it offers better customization. Thoo the frenzy charge is needed to scale hit damage and poison, also it grants an extra flicker against monsters with a lot of hp.
Last edited by Geisalt on May 9, 2016, 6:55:21 AM
I added a lot of informations, rewritten some parts and re organized the "guide" to make it easier to read.
Yo!

The Crit/ Crit Multi is already calculated in the AVG. Damage

So no need to calculate Crit. Multi a Second Time ;)
Last edited by Toma_Hawk on May 10, 2016, 7:42:45 PM
No it's not ( well yes it is but i havent used the same numbers). I have used the average base damage of the skill and not the average damage of the tooltip.

By base damage, i refer to the numbers under the top part of the tooltip, thoses damages arent modified by crit/crit mult, aps and accuracy. I have tested it by removing maligaro gloves, they do not change. However they change with flat damage and %increased/more.

If I had used the tooltip average damage of flicker, i would mess up the calculation completely because vulnerability doesnt scale chaos and elemental damage.

I havent shown my calculation but you can take thoses numbers, multiply them by vulnerability, shock, calculate elemental and chaos damage separatly because they arent boosted by vulnerability, then calculate poison ( phys + chaos) modified by frenzy vulne and shock again. Then scale the result with crit and aps.

"
the base damage without crit/mult aps & accuracy :

4863-8480 phys = 6671.5 average
13-179 lightning = 96 avg
2259-3933 fire = 3096 avg
1512-2536 cold = 2024 avg
4227-7417 chaos = 5822

phys is boosted by vulne 25% more = 8339.75 then by 50% shock = 12 509
let's stack all elemental damage, 5216, then shock: 7824
chaos 5822*1.5 = 8733

total 29 066

Poison damage based on 21 242 damage with all increased, shock, duration vulne frenzy

increased 38+76+180= 294
2 seconds and 30% duration

59 040

I have done a mistake previously, i have counted frenzy charges on top of the tooltip damage. So my numbers are off, thank you man, imma redo all this crap. I'm such a dick head, maths have never been my forte. So more or less, the previous numbers were wrong by 36% (and more because of the poison scaling) , it's a lot :D

i correct all of this crap asap.
Last edited by Geisalt on May 10, 2016, 8:57:38 PM
It's now corrected.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info