Wondering about Frost/Fire/Storm Bearers

"
SmilingKnight wrote:
Why this stupid content even exist in game?
You do realise that those things can kill only MELEE AND ONLY IN LAG.

Bearers are good design. They kill all builds - melee, ranged, casters, summoners, everything - equally. Bearers deal lots of dmg, but have a delay and are completely avoidable.

Volatile, on the other hand, is a terrible design. It one-shots melee builds and does nothing to ranged builds.
Last edited by toyotatundra on May 3, 2016, 1:31:29 PM
"
toyotatundra wrote:
Volatile, on the other hand, is a terrible design. It one-shots melee builds and does nothing to ranged builds.

They also kill ranged builds at times. Devourers popping up underneath you or goats jumping in your face. Granted, that's not happening often, but ranged isn't totally immune.

Agree on the terrible design portion. Damage should come in waves and not all in one go, so aware and mobile players can avoid a good portion of it or have a chance to compensate with flasks.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
"
toyotatundra wrote:
"
SmilingKnight wrote:

Bearers are good design. They kill all builds - melee, ranged, casters, summoners, everything - equally. Bearers deal lots of dmg, but have a delay and are completely avoidable.

You're right there.
But Bearers also cause serious lags, and that is unacceptable. It lags excactly when you DONT want it the most - when you should run away from explosions. That's my biggest and only issue with that mod.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
Artoba84 wrote:
Nothing killin' me easly only this bearer thing when I want to play in party. Many spell effects blocking to aware of them. No extra warning things in this game like sound alarm which has in item filter.

This content should be removed from game. I'm supportin'

A.k.a. "this content can kill me, please remove".

Bearers are a good design. Their visibility is too low especially in parties.

I've died more often with melee to bearers than with ranged builds. Melee usually already has moved on when the bearers go off.

What would also help is if monsters wouldn't flop over if you aim in approximately their direction with anything that does any damage at all. If it took longer to kill mobs (less, but tougher mobs), you would have the time to actually read what it says in their description.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
toyotatundra wrote:
"
SmilingKnight wrote:

You're right there.
But Bearers also cause serious lags, and that is unacceptable. It lags excactly when you DONT want it the most - when you should run away from explosions. That's my biggest and only issue with that mod.

The bearer lag spike is relatively new since they reworked when different things get loaded. I had been wondering why I've had so many near death experiences, why I was hitting a spike at the worst possible times.

The reason I bumped this thread though is it killed a person I party with as well, whom I've never seen really come close to dying. I don't gauge things based on myself, considering I usually play sitting in my gazebo in the backyard, on a laptop like 50 miles from the wireless router, and my main character is a flask/vaal discipline tank so really squishy without the intricate defensive setup. So I pretty much embrace death.

But yeah, it wasn't that we tried to run away, it's that we killed them from half a screen away and the resulting lag made us continue to run towards the explosions.
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch
"
Char1983 wrote:
Their visibility is too low especially in parties.

+1

I think we only need like 170 more threads about this before ggg will do something, keep going guys :D
You just wasted 3 seconds reading this.
They should have copied the loud OBVIOUS sound over from D3 as well with the bearers. Because most of the time you simply can't see shit. At least in D3, you know there's something you need to pay attention to. Here, it's just yet another one of those 'this is a shit quality game, screw you player, your problem'.
"
Tian_Yihao wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:
Their visibility is too low especially in parties.

+1

I think we only need like 170 more threads about this before ggg will do something, keep going guys :D

Lol, that's why I bumped an existing thread and didn't make a new one.
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch
"
Raudram wrote:
That honestly sounds like multiple exploding on you. But anyway, the bombs are extremely easy to avoid. I would worry more about stuff like undying alchemists and devourers, even desecrated ground from zombies with some nasty mods can kill you in a couple of seconds.

Nope. As maps gets higher and damage mods are added, even a single bearer explosion can easily deal 3-4k damage.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info