Storm Caller

Did anyone of you actually do the math on storm call cast speed break points? or just yolo as much possible? Seems like something i would plan around. JUST SAYING
Inquisitor doesnt work the same way as the old 45% crit casters. Non-crits really are like wet noodle hits so you really dont want any of those. The power charges are definitely not something you want to count on cause the matches are often over in 5 seconds after 2 hits.

I think I like my tree more. You dont mention how many jewels you have by the way. All of my jewels have 25-30% crit multi + 2stats fyi.

I used to run a tree like you suggested but I changed it to be a bit more durable and consistent. The damage is there because the storm calls already deal very close to the soft cap of 5k per hit even with echo.

It's weird but cast speed seems fairly irrelevant for storm call. I would rather have other stuff instead of the potential cast speed.

The 5% movement speed and 9% attack speed arent to be underestimated either.
Last edited by lapiz on May 3, 2016, 10:55:42 AM
Cast speed helps a little bit with storm call but not much.

I get Nimbleness on the tree and cast speed on (league) jewels to help me be more mobile with LW
Spoiler

🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Last edited by Ahfack on May 3, 2016, 11:08:47 AM
"
lapiz wrote:
Inquisitor doesnt work the same way as the old 45% crit casters. Non-crits really are like wet noodle hits so you really dont want any of those. The power charges are definitely not something you want to count on cause the matches are often over in 5 seconds after 2 hits.

I think I like my tree more. You dont mention how many jewels you have by the way. All of my jewels have 25-30% crit multi + 2stats fyi.

I used to run a tree like you suggested but I changed it to be a bit more durable and consistent. The damage is there because the storm calls already deal very close to the soft cap of 5k per hit even with echo.

It's weird but cast speed seems fairly irrelevant for storm call. I would rather have other stuff instead of the potential cast speed.

The 5% movement speed and 9% attack speed arent to be underestimated either.

I only tried to optimize it more damage and speed wise, same amount of jewels slot as your tree since i didnt want to change important stuff like that.

I think losing little crit chance and es for 90% multi, 35 cs and 46 flat dmg is a good dropoff. Personally i keep my inquisitor at 80% crit chance which i find to be working properly and i crit almost all the time. For me using firestorm, once i get skyforths power charges will be building up very quickly so i dont see the need for more crit chance on stats. Storm call is another thing since it doesnt hit as much as firestorm but 80%+ is really high crit chance and you'll be critting almost everytime already.

Other than that good build, only wanted to show you what u can get for dropping something else in exchange, it would actually boost your damage quite a lot.

Cya !

IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on May 3, 2016, 11:55:30 AM
You only wanted to "show" him by not showing him

Spoiler
:^)

seriously though you guys didnt do the cast speed math :p
"
Lordsidro wrote:
seriously though you guys didnt do the cast speed math :p

That is so negligible in the big picture its not even worth the effort.. :<
cast speed is not very useful with storm call i think. its all about capping crit and getting good amount of X-Y / crit multi. also on top of that mobility is the most important aspect of this build
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
cast speed for mobility with LW brehs

"
Cast speed helps a little bit with storm call but not much.

I get Nimbleness on the tree and cast speed on (league) jewels to help me be more mobile with LW
Spoiler

🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Last week I did some storm call cast speed math for a friend so that he could cast 4 instead of 3 storm calls within his reduced storm call duration. Imo it's definitely worth spending some time on optimizing your "shotgun" potential by calculating the thresholds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info