Storm Caller

Sharing my char out of boredom.

Inquisitor as ascendancy class obviously. I actually picked the spelldamage+attackspeed asc skills instead of augury penitence. This way I get bit more cast speed for storm call and more attack speed for WB, which is what the char is actually lacking a bit. The char seems to be quite strong in comparison to other t1 chars. Storm call is surprisingly good if you get enough damage on it since on top of its huge range, its very accurate and super fast with the helm enchant. Tempest shield deals around 4k per proc as well.

Storm call and tempest shield both have 87% crit without power charges, which eventually cap the crit easily after a few hits because of skyforth pcoc. Crit multi is 594% for both skills. My passive tree might seem a bit funny but its actually extremely essential to get as close to cap crit as possible.

As you can see, I dont have any extra block but I end up with almost max block with a rumi on. Its just a matter of popping them at the right time in a bo7. The tempest isn't much of a threat without a rumi on. This particular char has a bit over 12k ES with discipline.

Echo is the gem that provides most pure dps, but its often better to use other support gems instead of it. Conc is the best if you are dealing with a Dyness tank and increased aoe gem is the best if you have to chase some glass cannon 5k hp guy. 10k+ hp chars with their life potions wont die unless you use echo.

Legacy surgeon mana pots are a bit too good to not use. My mana and regen are balanced in a way that I can cast storm call permanently if I have a pot on.

Legacy Saffels is kinda gg vs other casters.

passives: http://tinyurl.com/j7r2t63

items:
Last edited by lapiz on Apr 19, 2016, 11:39:16 AM
Last bumped on May 3, 2016, 5:53:42 PM
cool, dont sell this gear out of boredom.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Nice! Would you mind linking the jewels?
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Nice Lapiz.

We're similar but very different at the same time :)

Markusz you can see the links in his chest. Probably swaps bcr with added cold when needed
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
See that dagger? tiz sick.
[Gear & Club] ¯\(°_°)/¯ #1 Professional Afk Club /2133058
[Hideout] New Oriath /2505008
[Pvp Trophy] PVP #1 EU & US EA /1591888 | | BM EA /1431163
[Dead] PSC La /1682118, Build BM PA /1296491, BM IG LL ST /1121092, Shop /874905
"God's in his Heaven, All's right with the world!" IGN: Libritannia
lib and lapiz, you should definitely 1v1 now. i wonder if your dps is high enough to one shot 11k + deceiver + unyielding health
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Apr 19, 2016, 3:20:15 PM
"
Rupenus wrote:
lib and lapiz, you should definitely 1v1 now. i wonder if your dps is high enough to one shot 11k + deceiver + unyielding health

He probably won't reach him sadly, range > all.
"
Nice Lapiz.

We're similar but very different at the same time :)

Markusz you can see the links in his chest. Probably swaps bcr with added cold when needed

Did you pvp vs lapiz? storm call vs storm call? i bet dagger storm call has much potential
Yes I bet a standard league dagger 6l storm call would beat a perandus league 5l storm call :)
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
with really good jewels which has life% roll too(cough cough) staff version can match with dgger storm caller.

lvl 20 Storm call X-Y: 341–633
lvl 28 storm call X-Y: 704–1308

we can say staves simply provide 110% more damage with just +3 gems. thats something that dagger + shield cant do together with all those good modes. on top of that, you can get 25 cast speed on staves too. so dps wise, staves offer MUCH more X-Y damage than dagger + shield.

the problem is, game doesnt have proper crafted 6t1 staff for that.(ventor has an oldie one i remember) Life based storm caller has to be very jewel originated build i think, which shoulda get all the crit nodes/crit jewel affixes which is needed to get 80%ish crit. no ned to focus on %spell damage with staff variabt i think.

leg kaoms is another great thing that staff + life storm caller can (ab)use in standard league.

mobility is the problem with the staff builds. i can simply put my mines and since my range is better they have to come close and i can one shot them. thats their problem. they have to find something to handle such issue.

damagewise and raw endurance wise staff storm caller is better with right gear i think.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info