game constantly crashing after latest update, no problems before the patch

Come to think of it, spark may be one of the culprits. Since I switched from leveling with it to my actual build, there were less crashes. But the game is still crashing from time to time, which wasn't an issue before the last patch.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
I hadn't been playing on Fri/Sat because of Overwatch beta weekend, but now I tried playing today and have had several crashes when playing on a spark character I'm leveling with a lightning golem as well (mentioning since one person said that was the cause). Always seems to happen while casting sparks, but it's not very consistent. I sometimes play for long periods of time not doing anything differently without it crashing, then randomly it just dies. Last one was in the middle of a lab.

I also notice that the game doesn't appear to have any kind of crash reporting tool to automatically send them crash reports? It just seems to silently crash. Just thought that was kind of odd.

edit: I tried removing the lightning golem gem and was able to play a few hours with no crashes so that might have been it (or I just had a lucky no crash streak).
Last edited by BorgsFury on Apr 18, 2016, 2:41:25 AM
Same error as everyone else. Same problem too. No problems before this last update. I appreciate that the devs are trying to make a better game for us and all of their work, but this is ridiculous. The game is only made better if it is still playable. 11 crashes in 2 days playing (4/16 late-4/18 early).

Windows Event Log Event ID 1000:

Faulting application name: PathOfExile.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x571085b8
Faulting module name: PathOfExile.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x571085b8
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00066f30
Faulting process id: 0x24f0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1992ee710ac70
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\PathOfExile.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\PathOfExile.exe
Report Id: f428af00-0523-11e6-a08f-e0cb4e045cf0
"
Ins wrote:
cold witch here, same issue. Can barely play anymore it's now gotten to the point where some areas crash me to desktop every 5 mins,sometimes less. It seems like it was just in dungeons, thinking back. I did some open areas too and those didn't give me issues.

Also seems like it mostly happens when i'm casting my skills (ice nova, herald of ice + 2 curses)

update;
My friend was actually using a lightning golem. I read about it in some threads here. I told him to turn it off and have been playing smoothly for hours now. No more crashes!

Last edited by Ins on Apr 18, 2016, 12:54:52 PM
Sadly, "trying to play animation" isn't the only crash that can happen with lightning skills in the current patch.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Identical situation here. Before this latest patch, the game literally never crashed. I was actually quite shocked when it crashed for me the first time, but then the crashes continued. I am able to reliably reproduce the crashes by Alt Tabbing, especially in the Sarn Encampment. Sometimes it crashes without even Alt Tabbing.

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1, 64B
Intel Core i7-4790K
RAM 8 GB

This is not a hardware issue as you can see, my FPS are a perfect 60 constantly, no matter what is on the screen, and before this latest patch, PoE has never crashed, not even once.

Update: I just reproduced the crash 3 times in a row by alt tabbing in the Sarn Encampment Merciless.
Last edited by Duran_Fauxe on Apr 24, 2016, 3:38:39 AM
Same here, my game crash like 10 times per hour at least this week. I'm not playing with the lightning golem, but the game just goes back to the loggin screen with the message "unexpected disconnection".
It's only on POE that i have theses crash. Are the serv of GGG going from bad to worse?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info