[2.2] PhantasmalThrow - LL Ele Spectral Throw Build Guide

Well, whole point of this build is to go templar for penetration on crit so going occultist is pointless :P
The build works best with inquisitor for sure. As the main thing we're doing any of this for is to get consistent clear speeds. However, you could probably pull off the build as a scion/occultist but you would definitely not get the smooth clear speeds that you'd be seeing with inquisitor.
"
Buckets0 wrote:
Well, whole point of this build is to go templar for penetration on crit so going occultist is pointless :P

map bosses have 1 resist at 40-45% or so and another one at 10-15%
so ignore resist it's like 20% more dps
elemental weakness gives you 40% more dps

if you dont use curses and use skyforth, templar is not bad, if you use curses, occulist is thousand times better than inquisitor

just to know, i did play templar kinetic blast and scion kinetic blast before ascendancy to lvl 100, same tree and same gear
templar used to give me 20% LESS dps than scion before ascendancy because there are a bit too many +10int nodes to take; with the witch you don't waste a single +10node

the result should be the same now

a 3-4exalted jewel gives 10% more dps, 3-4 nodes= 1 jewel, if templar uses 6-7 +10 nodes of path in the tree, that means 15-20% less dps than scion or witch

inquisitor is simply the best in duel because you ignore 75% resist so 75% more dmg, while mapping you ignore an average of 20% res so 20% more dmg so isn't the only choice ( i dont think is the best )
Last edited by InAshesTheyShallReap on Apr 15, 2016, 8:12:42 AM
Hi, I'm playing with my templar in last month with a similar setup/gear/tree.

I'll post screens later.

Gear:

About vagan dagger, yes, I should buy one and craft, looking for a vagan poignard with good flat lightning damage.

- Invest in a lot of AS to drop FA gem and use Added Cold Damage/Pierce/Slower Projectiles/Faster Proj/Something
- ~8.4k ES
- Blood rage, as the leech from enchant can keep me alive, and Vinktar ofc
Last edited by 3portas on Apr 15, 2016, 9:11:53 AM
Yeah, i've yet to get that enchant on the boots. I'm sure it won't take too long but i'm pretty lazy when it comes to lab. Then, it probably could be worth running blood rage. I switch out around with FA and Added Cold depending on map mods and generally how i'm feeling at the time haha.
Whats the point in going low life?
Life based with lioneyes vision chest is so much better imho.
capping crit is better, dual wielding offers 10% more attack speed and wider variety of crit multi jewels...
mana and life leech from tree etc. etc....

Vinktars Square Final Boss very fast kill:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLJ9cnEWSe4

Twinned T14 Shrine Map Bosses Kill:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEzThicKr40

all out dps:

hideout dps:

Defences: 169 Res is needed to be Ele Weakness capped in red maps

With Flasks:

Greetings Hulio
Last edited by Hulio225 on Apr 20, 2016, 10:58:52 AM
"

Wrong!
-> Bosses in Maps have 45 to all elemental Resistances if they have the affix Resists Elemental Damage.
If you dont belive me go into a Shipyard for example, curse the boss with a lvl 20 Elemental Weakness, and you will see it will still say Resits Elemental Damage. If you would be right some resisits would go below 0 and it would say vulnerable to Cold damage for example.

"

if you dont use curses and use skyforth, templar is not bad, if you use curses, occulist is thousand times better than inquisitor

As a Inquisitor you use Assasins Mark because of the crit chance and the higher crit damage you do against those cursed targets.
as a occultist you can have two curses, ele weakness and assassins mark for example. but you have to apply both curses somehow. if you use a curse on hit setup for that with herald of ice, you wont curse bosses with that because nothing shatters near them. the inquisitor still does a lot of damage because he dont relay on curses like the occultist. and if you curse manually, in the time you double cursed a pack i killed 5 packs. in addition elemental equlibrium maps and maps with +80 lightning res for example, will screw the occultis damage, the inqusitor laughs about that. and last but not least what is the occultist doing in maps which are immun to curses? yeah exactly, nothing. the inquisitor has far more advantages and wider map mods variety he can play without screwing his damage.

"

a 3-4exalted jewel gives 10% more dps, 3-4 nodes= 1 jewel, if templar uses 6-7 +10 nodes of path in the tree, that means 15-20% less dps than scion or witch

low life is in terms of damage not the best atm because you have to make compromises and you have some points wasted for pathing. as a life based inquisitor like mine, you have 7 jewel sockets and in terms of damage its insane!

"

inquisitor is simply the best in duel because you ignore 75% resist so 75% more dmg, while mapping you ignore an average of 20% res so 20% more dmg so isn't the only choice ( i dont think is the best )

your math is more than wrong! if you do 100 damage and something has 75% res you do 25 damage. if you ignore the 75% res you do 100 damage.
Jumping from 25 damage to 100 damage means you do 400% of your initial damage.

EDIT:

And what you totaly forgott in all your stuff is that the inquisitor has a debuff aura which is so big like your whole screen, Augury of Penitence. Nearby Enemies deal 5% less Elemental Damage
Nearby Enemies take 10% increased Elemental Damage. Which is another 10% Damage multiplier, not just for you for the whole grp.
so especially for ele spectral throw the inquisitor in most situations is the best choice and its the most convinient choice because of facts i sated in terms of map mods.
Last edited by Hulio225 on Apr 20, 2016, 6:28:09 AM
Uploaded normal atziri run
https://youtu.be/8Y-0UAGQeA4

Gear
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/3portas/characters

Still looking for better dagger/shield/gloves
I wanna do uber with this build
"
Hulio225 wrote:
"

Wrong!
-> Bosses in Maps have 45 to all elemental Resistances if they have the affix Resists Elemental Damage.
If you dont belive me go into a Shipyard for example, curse the boss with a lvl 20 Elemental Weakness, and you will see it will still say Resits Elemental Damage. If you would be right some resisits would go below 0 and it would say vulnerable to Cold damage for example.

"

As a Inquisitor you use Assasins Mark because of the crit chance and the higher crit damage you do against those cursed targets.
as a occultist you can have two curses, ele weakness and assassins mark for example. but you have to apply both curses somehow. if you use a curse on hit setup for that with herald of ice, you wont curse bosses with that because nothing shatters near them. the inquisitor still does a lot of damage because he dont relay on curses like the occultist. and if you curse manually, in the time you double cursed a pack i killed 5 packs. in addition elemental equlibrium maps and maps with +80 lightning res for example, will screw the occultis damage, the inqusitor laughs about that. and last but not least what is the occultist doing in maps which are immun to curses? yeah exactly, nothing. the inquisitor has far more advantages and wider map mods variety he can play without screwing his damage.

"

low life is in terms of damage not the best atm because you have to make compromises and you have some points wasted for pathing. as a life based inquisitor like mine, you have 7 jewel sockets and in terms of damage its insane!

"

your math is more than wrong! if you do 100 damage and something has 75% res you do 25 damage. if you ignore the 75% res you do 100 damage.
Jumping from 25 damage to 100 damage means you do 400% of your initial damage.

EDIT:

And what you totaly forgott in all your stuff is that the inquisitor has a debuff aura which is so big like your whole screen, Augury of Penitence. Nearby Enemies deal 5% less Elemental Damage
Nearby Enemies take 10% increased Elemental Damage. Which is another 10% Damage multiplier, not just for you for the whole grp.
so especially for ele spectral throw the inquisitor in most situations is the best choice and its the most convinient choice because of facts i sated in terms of map mods.

so with your perfect math, frost bite, flammability and coductivity gives 300% more damage if your damage it's all of one element? i dont think so

read here http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Elemental_Weakness

monster that has 0% elemental resistances and then is inflicted with level 1 Elemental Weakness will take 20% more (multiplicative) elemental damage than the spell or attack would normally cause.

in maps if you ignore resist, you gain 20% more damage average ( monster have 20% average res maybe 25% the boss ), you gain 30 to 50% IF the map has 1 or 2 60% resist, while you gain 75% MORE damage in duels
75% reduced resist means 75% MORE damage, not 400% more damage, 20% resist ignored means 20% more damage

all the ascendancy are perfectly balanced, deadeye gives the same dps than templar inquisitor for example, but you waste a bit more +10nodes with templar so templar isn't the best choice
Last edited by InAshesTheyShallReap on Apr 21, 2016, 10:56:08 AM
"

so with your perfect math, frost bite, flammability and coductivity gives 300% more damage if your damage it's all of one element? i dont think so

read here http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Elemental_Weakness

monster that has 0% elemental resistances and then is inflicted with level 1 Elemental Weakness will take 20% more (multiplicative) elemental damage than the spell or attack would normally cause.

in maps if you ignore resist, you gain 20% more damage average ( monster have 20% average res maybe 25% the boss ), you gain 30 to 50% IF the map has 1 or 2 60% resist, while you gain 75% MORE damage in duels
75% reduced resist means 75% MORE damage, not 400% more damage, 20% resist ignored means 20% more damage

all the ascendancy are perfectly balanced, deadeye gives the same dps than templar inquisitor for example, but you waste a bit more +10nodes with templar so templar isn't the best choice

Dude i am sorry but you have proven again that you dont have a clue how to calculate anything.

If monster have 0 resist and you curse ele weakness rank 1, you are right in that case, its 20% more damage.
but in every other case the math works not how you think. i even gave you an example how to calcualte it and you say its wrong.
Raising your damage from 25 damage to 100 damage by ignoring 75% resist is doing 4 times the damage from before,which is 400%, if you dont understand that i dont want to discuss with you anymore. same for going from 80 to 100 damage by ignoring 20% res is not 20% more damage its 25% more damage. learn basic elementary school math and we can continue to speak.

AND like i said map bosses have 45% res not like you say again maybe 25% ... dude get your shit right seriously!

Deadeye is the best choice if you go phys ST and inqusitor if you go ele ST!

Edit:

Let me try to explain to you one time more how you calculate stuff like this: (Always dealing lets say 100 damage)

Case 1 Monster has 0 Resist you curse ele weakness rank 1: monster has -20% res -> you do 120 damage -> 120/100=1.2=20% more damage
Case 2 Monster has 20 Resist, you will do 80 damage, you curse ele weakness rank 1: monster has 0% res -> you do 100 damage -> 100/80=1.25=25% more damage
Case 3 Monster has 75% Resist, you will do 25 Damage, you curse ele weakness rank 1: monster has 55% res -> you do 45 damage -> 45/25=1.8=80%more damage
Case 4 Monster has 75% Res you are a inquisitor you crit and ignore all res you do 100 damage: 100/25=4 -> 300% more damage or 400% in total.

i hope i educated you a bit. and because you dont belive me that bosses have 45% ele res i made you a video:

https://youtu.be/hX63YTxAwa8

You see the boss has the affix: Resists Elemental Damage. I curse him with a lvl 19 20% quality ele weakness manually (-43% res).
The affix still says Resists Elemental Damage, which means he still have positive Res to all Elements.
After i killed him i go to normal or blue mobs which has the same Affix: Resists Elemental Damage and i curse them aswell, and you see the affix changes to: Vulnerable to Elemental Damage which, means the Res got in to the negatives.
So you cleary see boss must have at least 44% Res!!!!! There is nothing to DISCUSS about that.
Your arguemts are alwys based on that those monsters are already cursed. but in reallity you have to apply those curses somehow.
with curse on hit and harald of ice you have to shatter some shit and curse monsters around, which is not instantly and not in every situation given, especially on bosses. and the inquisitor dont need that. his crits always penetrates all res and the non crits penetrae at least 10% res and if you have skilled like i did the non crits are penetrating 16% res.
and in red maps the map mods are +80% resistances, which makes monsters very fast at 105% res and you will lose damage wise by so much against a inquisitor its not even funy anymore.
curse immune maps ele equlibrium maps, maps with 80%+ lightning res oder cold res, you wont shatter anymore with herald of ice and you wont apply your curses constantly.
believe me inquisitor is superior to occultist as ele ST build.
Last edited by Hulio225 on Apr 21, 2016, 1:08:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info