Hard In The Paint Guardian. Endgame Facetank with Big Deeps.

very nice, id go with lmp since youre already blinding with stibnite flask.
sick build.

3R 2B 1B can work as well for a 6L shavs, conc effect being the blue link as it really boosts your single target damage especially against enemies with smaller hitboxes.
[2.0] Heavy Armour Mjolner, deathless uber viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1329067
I'll give it a shot with LMP. I haven't gotten around to finishing leveling yet sadly.

In my extreme laziness I'm finding orb of storms manual cast to be sad. Have you tried out a reckoning curse on hit setup at all? I suppose that might require more block and some spell block to be more useful.

I see someone mentioned it earlier but I was curious about elemental overload vs crit. Using the chart (https://imgur.com/9b9s6H0) I can see that the build has enough crit/multi to surpass overload. I wonder though if the points spent on crit were used elsewhere for straight damage and overload which would be higher?
Last edited by Zenzen on Apr 18, 2016, 4:18:42 PM
The build rocks, thanks Rimez!

Tried LMP, mana cost was just too much for the little investment in mana/regen. So I played with just sticking lightning strike in for aoe and molten for single. When my computer exploded after hitting lightning strike on a big pack I just put in additional accuracy for now.

Also, was thinking about the overload thing. Too many downsides I think. Loss of surgeon's flasks for one but also just too many points required to get a decent amount of damage nodes.

Edit: I'm going to try out vengeance with curse on hit tonight instead of orb. It can also proc Mjolner so that's a nice side benefit. Reckoning might be good too as it has a lower cooldown but since we don't have spell block a quality vengeance will possibly end up with more procs. I'd probably just socket both if we didn't have two curses (wtb 5L boots).
Last edited by Zenzen on Apr 20, 2016, 2:23:55 PM
reserved
Just an update in case I'm not the only one playing this build.

Vengeance is working great for a curse on hit trigger so I'm ok with dropping orb of storms. If the orb was able to trigger from mjolner casts that would be a different story, sadly though I can only seem to make it trigger from lightning strike (which I wouldn't use on single target anyway).

I'm not sure yet what to do with my last 2 gem slots. Probably a golem or vaal skill.
glad you're enjoying the build. and yeah you can rock any cursing method you're comfortable with. i was generally only using curses for map bosses and high hp rare mobs so stuck them on orb. trash mobs and blues packs fall over to one volley of moltens with and without curses. if youve got a free gem slot i highly suggest totem bro, stick him outside of fight but in range for the crazy atk speed. again only really needed for bosses and such since the build sleepwalks through the rest of the map.
This build looks amazing dude, grats.
I have never played Mjolner-Discharge so I have a stupid question - how would it compare to Blade Vortex in terms of damage? That's ofcourse considering you rework some of the auras to get Hatred in there.
"
purjunka wrote:
This build looks amazing dude, grats.
I have never played Mjolner-Discharge so I have a stupid question - how would it compare to Blade Vortex in terms of damage? That's ofcourse considering you rework some of the auras to get Hatred in there.

Blade vortex sucks mana like crazy so that might be an issue to overcome if you want to get to a high stack count. Most BV builds seem to either go scion for the free leech or witch for the power charges. Without either of those and without the mjolner you'd need to both use a socket for leech and have a power charge generator of some sort such as skyforth. You'd also lose perma fortify sadly unless you kept it up with whirling blades or flicker strike.

As far as comparing the damage I'd have a tough time. Discharge puts out a lot more burst damage but can have low periods of no procs whereas BV is consistent damage. You might check out some threads comparing the fakener build vs blade vortex if you're curious about the damage differences. Fakener being as popular as it is I'm sure someone has asked the question before.

If it's simply voll's that makes you ask the question I should add that the build is also quite good without discharge. Lightning strike with double arc gems has amazing clear speed. You would probably just want an alternate single target such as storm call + arc etc. There would be a few things to change on the tree if you were never going to do discharge but not too much.
"
Zenzen wrote:
If it's simply voll's that makes you ask the question I should add that the build is also quite good without discharge. Lightning strike with double arc gems has amazing clear speed. You would probably just want an alternate single target such as storm call + arc etc. There would be a few things to change on the tree if you were never going to do discharge but not too much.

It's not the voll's, it was because discharge cooks my potato :/ In any case it really looks amazing and showcases how powerful the guardian is when applied to low-life builds. I might give this a try since I have some currency to throw before the 2-week starts.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info