State of Exile Community Podcast - Featuring Chris Wilson

about pvp: why don't they just replace sarn arena with a labyrinth level? would be a nice pvp/pve mix.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
about pvp: why don't they just replace sarn arena with a labyrinth level? would be a nice pvp/pve mix.

Because it would favorise already broken builds like EA and mines.

PVP is broken because of unbalanced skills that are taking advantage of close quarter areas.
It would also be shit for melee and again favorise offscreen ranged.

All we needed is GGG looking at HLD :( I don t know who told them lld was more popular but it is wrong and made people leave the game.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Apr 11, 2016, 9:59:25 AM
Would love LLD (low level dueling) changes. Only perm hc player here.... Want to use alt art or ggg gear to pvp with.... but no1 really plays pvp :(

I dont like starting over every league again and again.... and i play hc (perm)... What is my goal?

-craft mirror item - for what? to die with it?
-collecting awesome items - give me a talisman zana mod...
-collect alt art - to die with it?

PVP is the only thing (in perm hc) worth investing in perfection gear/expensive alt art.

Last edited by TheDeathX on Apr 11, 2016, 10:14:57 AM
"
TheDeathX wrote:
Would love LLD (low level dueling) changes. Only perm hc player here.... Want to use alt art or ggg gear to pvp with.... but no1 really plays pvp :(

because none play lld temp, most pvpers are standard players
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
That was actually a really decent podcast. The response to the Currency tabs was the best I have heard and I'm glad I heard it from Chris directly.

Great game, great developers, and great community.

Long Live POE!

Edit: Chris, you just inspired me to upgrade to Sovereign. Please use that money to buy you and your crew a beer. Cheers!!!
Last edited by __SirPuFFaLoT__ on Apr 11, 2016, 10:22:41 AM
PvP wasn't a bad idea it just came way too soon and half finished ( same way than guild functions etc ... ).

Now the hype is gone for it and honestly without a total remake with smart and original content PvP has no futur in PoE.
Players are now facing PvP games with smart functions in / strategy / i don't see personaly any ways PoE could compete with that. I would even say facing TOO many PvP games there are nearly the same number than survival games atm if it's not more.

Good choice to let it go and offer minimal support for it.
Next focus: PoE's endgame ?
Hf :)
"
knac84 wrote:
"
IceDeal wrote:
All the PvP community would like to thank you for lying to us for more than a year saying that you were aware of the main pvp flaws and would like to work on those in a close future.

That's not lying, priorities and positions can change, are you aware of how any organization operates?

This is ridiculous.

"
Arxcalibur wrote:
Poe is a nice game, but without a decent pvp mod, it will die soon.

I've been reading this since 4 years ago, and each expansion is more successful than the last and the production quality of the game (sans performance issues...) is getting better.

Let it go already lol.

U write each expansion is more successful than the last but it's not sure that it's because there are new leagues: perhaps it's mainly because "old" players can reset their skill tree each ladder and improve their old chars...... because when u have spent 100th hours in a game u don't necessarily enjoy to restart at 0 each 3 or 6 months......so PVP is really the better way to increase the longevity of a game.....
State of exile is a silly podcast... most of the people there don't know shit :P oh well, thats streamers for youuu :3
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Good news! :)
Awesome podcast, great to hear from the man himself :) Especially liked the shout-out to FX artists, great to know the team is looking to expand. Really looking forward to the future of PoE, she's in good hands :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info