A Beginner's Guide to Theorycrafting - Including both Videos and Text Descriptions

Now you only need fancy logos in your videos. :P

In PoE numbers are not always decide effectiveness of the skill or gear. I think most important thing is how different game mechanics interact with each other, so I would really love some deep research of Skill gems. Cold skills and Support skills in particular.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on May 31, 2016, 3:24:37 AM
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
Now you only need fancy logos in your videos. :P

In PoE numbers are not always decide effectiveness of the skill or gear. I think most important thing is how different game mechanics interact with each other, so I would really love some deep research of Skill gems. Cold skills and Support skills in particular.

Thanks for the feedback! I've actually been doing some thinking and research recently on this exact topic--undersatnding skill and support gem interactions regarding synergy with the build they're being used in. Sometimes what results in a stronger build isn't just increasing your DPS. For example, maybe getting more AoE on your Reave will help you clear maps quicker and/or be able to stay in a safer position when fighting bosses. So determining what skills and supports synergize well with one another in different circumstances becomes important.

However, the difficulty I've run into is trying to distill general principles to describe these with, since that would be the focus of the video. What I've learned is that I still don't have a strong handle on how to measure the strength of the interactions. Often I figure out which gems synergize best simply by testing them. So unfortunately the skill gem video is temporarily on pause until I get measuring these interactions worked out and distill the general principles that inform which selections the theorycrafter wants to make based upon these measurements.

I really should figure out something with a video editor though. Having a standard intro for any videos I do would definitely be nice. :)
In since 0.8.0
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kungfooe
Thank you for this!
Found this thread from a Google search. Just want to say that I appreciate all the details posted here and it has helped me a lot planning my own builds. Thanks!
came upon ur thread by chance on google...

cool guide...

even though u hav stop posting....

but still cool...
34pre98qua

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info