[2.4] Time-wicked Miner, Occultist 3 curses. Uses bow. Extremely tanky, easy T15 & Uber Lab farm

So, running 2 curses on life. With 30% mana reserved and atleast lv19 blasphemy you can do that.
Mana is used for Disc, Clarity, and the enhanced blasphemy (see link below).

CI is nice and cheap, but you lose the possibility of running 2 blasphemies on life.
This is the problem because you lose out on discipline & clarity.
My usual aura setup looks like that:
https://poe.mikelat.com/#dqa9P1/Xq3Xb./EUe.e/y79hb.ZlRd

for CI it would look like that:
https://poe.mikelat.com/#oca9P1/z3Fdc.ZlRd/A=fZ.
so its less max.mana (not being able to lay down 3 sets of mines) and much lower mana regen.
Discipline+shavs is virtually a ~700ES chest, so basically you're skipping 15% more energy shield vs 30% more spell damage + mana regen / utility.
Keep in mind you can get a better than average chest because you can buy it unlinked really cheap. 6-socketing it is also easy.
If you can afford vulnerability on hit gloves you're also good, but this is so hard because of Cospri's Will at the moment, that you'd spend less on a shavs than on a good corrupted rare with this implicit.

I added a leveling section. This build does not work before level 62, so you just do anything. I level with facebreaker and try to one shot stuff before it one shots me. Painful and only softcore viable, but also cheap.
You just gonna make sure that you have enough mana reservation for 2 out of 3 curses and atleast 30% curse effect at 62. Of course you will also absolutely need Clever Construction so your mines will not die.

As an alternative for leveling you can rush Clever construction and go mines+anything (firestorm is good at start, bladefall is also good later) but you'll be squishy and at lv 45-55 you might get frustrated. :)
Appreciate it a lot. I just got to 60 and A4 Merc with the facebreaker setup and 21 skill points left over, so now I can re-read all of this 10 times and try to understand it before I try to dive in. I'm pretty poor overall though (zero way to get a shav's atm for me) so pretty much need to go the CI route unfortunately until I can get some good farm in, or else just keep leeching dried lake and hope for a lucky drop that I can sell and try to keep running with the same leveling gear for now.

Edit... I DO have a 5 link Solaris Lorica. Can I use that as a 'poor mans shavs' and just stick with lower content overall and follow the same build that way without having to go CI?
Last edited by fiyawerx on Jul 13, 2016, 2:40:49 PM
@fiyawerx - i would rather still go CI for bigger survivability.

Your first goals now are:

Get a 5L white bow for 1 fusing - 1c, color it with 3 green + 2 blue
Get a Soul Strike quiver, with highest ES roll you can afford (its 100-120)
Get a ~550-750 ES chest, unlinked. 4L on it will be enough at the start.
Get some gear with dex and lots of res, possibly boots/gloves/rings.

After a while of farming you will be able to afford a 6L bow for 30-50c, then chrome it to 3 green 3 blue using Vorici's recipe for "at least 2 blue sockets" for 25 chromes per roll.

You should get a Vertex and an Enlighten gem, try aiming for a cheap uncorrupted level 2, and any roll Vertex. You can either divine it later, or enchant with something good, and sell for 5x the value.

Summary:

5L bow - 1c
Soul strike - 1-3c
ES chest - 1-10c
ES gloves with 100+ES and good res - 1-5c
ES boots with 100+ES and good res - 1-5c (consider Rainbowstrides, cheap)
Rings, Eye of chayula - 3c + 2x 1-5c
6L bow - 30-50c
Vertex - 20-30c
Enlighten level 2 - 3-8c (depending if corrupted or not)

At first, before going low life, because of mana issues, just run Blasphemy+enhance+TC, Blasphemy+Enfeeble (or vuln, if you will feel safe enough), and clarity (lv 5-12, see what fits best).

This is an "early game" aura setup which you will be running as CI , between levels 60 to 80.
https://poe.mikelat.com/#Zkm=_m/A=fZ.ZlRd/A=fZ./upb.
Welp, with about 20c to my name, I just chanced myself into a Shavs! Got some re-evaluating to do now! Also upgraded a lot of my gems to 20%/20 where I could so doing a lot better damage, but now I need to spec out of CI I think and go for the real kind of build. Here's to hoping! with the CI build I was still having some problems with mana, although I had ONE good run of one-shotting normal at-ziri, just can't afford the fragments to keep trying. This should help a lot now though.
Thanks for sharing this.

You mention Southbound gloves being required for the "on kill effects" to proc. I guess those gloves bypass the fact that not you but your mines actually killed the mob? If so i wonder if this is an intended mechanic or an oversight which probably will be fixed?

I'm asking because I am still on the search for a proper "Main" build to play and your build seems to be the best candidate so far. I am simply afraid that GGG will change this specific item synergy and then i will be sad panda again.

Any thoughts?
Last edited by Blergh on Jul 20, 2016, 3:05:06 PM
This is for sure not an oversight.

You also cannot leech with mines and will never be able to.

Mines and traps are separate entities like minions; if they get a killing blow, you did not.
Southbound makes it so they die of posion, which is a degen effect, applied by your mines, so ultimately by you.
This has happened in the past with fire trap degeneration burning ground effects. :)

I wouldn't be afraid about southbound, and I would still just get a 160ES gloves instead. You don't need the on-kill effects, really.
Amazing build, and in a way it feels funny that it is probably the easiest build ever to do Labs with... with ES.

If anything I would list in the cons that it does not have a superfast clearing rate, and it feels sometimes a bit overkill when some single mob escapes some mine. Probably no mana regen maps will be probably a bother, needing to use flasks with no leech.

Otherwise... I have never seen end tier bosses melt so fast, honestly. And so safe. If anything I feel as if I am missing a pair of additional gems :D.

I think the guide would still miss some recommended flask setup. Just to round it up, although probably it will be just the obvious.
Thanks for your feedback.
As for the flask setups, I can't really bother to make up something good, people have their preferences.

All I can say its worth to have a posion dispel and ignite dispel flask, to kick the regen.

Found out
is a quite good choice.
"
Amazing build, and in a way it feels funny that it is probably the easiest build ever to do Labs with... with ES.

If anything I would list in the cons that it does not have a superfast clearing rate, and it feels sometimes a bit overkill when some single mob escapes some mine. Probably no mana regen maps will be probably a bother, needing to use flasks with no leech.

Otherwise... I have never seen end tier bosses melt so fast, honestly. And so safe. If anything I feel as if I am missing a pair of additional gems :D.

I think the guide would still miss some recommended flask setup. Just to round it up, although probably it will be just the obvious.

One thing that I found that drastically helped my mapping / clearing rates, is that - considering one set of mines will one shot just about anything, stacking them and firing all at the same time vs trash is really inefficient, since they all target the same front mob.

As you are running through an area, drop ONE set at the front of a pack, run behind/through it, drop the second, THEN fire. No need for 3 usually (unless there's another pack close by, but then keep moving even further towards THAT pack) and you'll get almost a 1/3 to 1/2 screen clear from those 2 drops of mines since they target different starting points for the bladefall.

Once I figured that out, it improved my clearing times drastically. You never have to stop moving, just trust that the packs will be cleared as you keep running. If one set of mines isn't one-shotting things, I find it not worth it to keep farming at that level, personally.
"
fiyawerx wrote:
"

One thing that I found that drastically helped my mapping / clearing rates, is that - considering one set of mines will one shot just about anything, stacking them and firing all at the same time vs trash is really inefficient, since they all target the same front mob.

As you are running through an area, drop ONE set at the front of a pack, run behind/through it, drop the second, THEN fire. No need for 3 usually (unless there's another pack close by, but then keep moving even further towards THAT pack) and you'll get almost a 1/3 to 1/2 screen clear from those 2 drops of mines since they target different starting points for the bladefall.

Once I figured that out, it improved my clearing times drastically. You never have to stop moving, just trust that the packs will be cleared as you keep running. If one set of mines isn't one-shotting things, I find it not worth it to keep farming at that level, personally.

Yeah, I will try that, in fact I have thought about it before, it's just the force of practice to never go through mobs. Damn muscle memory. It also does not help that I tend to be a bit of a completionist and it bugs me to no end to see one mob escaping. Also the main problem is that I am coming from a screen clearing / WB moving CoC build, so the comparative slowness shows up more. This has been done directly taking advantage of a witch I had at full level that had an Ice Nova with dual curse that shared a lot of gems (well, not the main skill ones, but most of the curse setup), that was still faster than this one, but was glass cannon. Brittle glass at that. So enjoying this Soul Ward / Occultist combo is truly a pleasure.

In any case my idea for this character is to be an uber labs / atziri farmer, and it *really* delivers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info