[2.2] CWDT EXTREME EDITION - AFK KILL MAP BOSSES

"
Gouthaur wrote:
Do you think some version on this set up without the discharge, with for example novas, arc or fire storm would deal enough dmg or be more viable for hc play ?
I don't know how it would make it more viable for harcore play, you can use a lower level discharge or a per-1 flask discharge if you are having problems with reflect.
IGN SNEEDFINDER
May I ask why all the lvl1 cwdt gems? Considering the 250ms internal cooldown of CWDT (spamming 2 flasks over and over means you constantly hit the CWDT cooldown), and how often you spam doedre's, why not at least have them trigger after 2 doedre uses and get some higher level random spells and let them do a bit of dmg too? Basically you'd only get a tiny bit less procs from mobs hitting you, but about the same number of procs from doedre spam. Or am I missing something?

Edit: Is it simply to make running reflect maps easier? (because it wouldn't really make much of a difference against single reflect rares)
Last edited by hiddy on Apr 4, 2016, 2:01:49 PM
"
hiddy wrote:
May I ask why all the lvl1 cwdt gems? Considering the 250ms internal cooldown of CWDT (spamming 2 flasks over and over means you constantly hit the CWDT cooldown), and how often you spam doedre's, why not at least have them trigger after 2 doedre uses and get some higher level random spells and let them do a bit of dmg too? Basically you'd only get a tiny bit less procs from mobs hitting you, but about the same number of procs from doedre spam. Or am I missing something?

Edit: Is it simply to make running reflect maps easier? (because it wouldn't really make much of a difference against single reflect rares)

Per-1 Doedres spells are just for getting more crits which makes it easier to sustain flasks which especially helps when you dont have many blade vortex stacks up, and when there arent as many mobs around to kill to gain charges. I've put them to level 1 CWDT because when I run out of flasks I need to get hit by mobs. I'd rather have it trigger as often as possible that get a little bit extra damage out of them, as Per-1 Doedres spells don't do any damage relative to discharge. ( Low spell gem level & low cwdt gem level less multiplier = negligible damage )

You could do it but i'd recommend you take a self-cast blade vortex in your armour too.

And yes for reflect maps having stray high hitting say Ice Spears or whatever hitting mobs that aren't cursed by Warlord's Mark could be dangerous but that wasn't my intention.
IGN SNEEDFINDER
Last edited by 0flip on Apr 4, 2016, 2:51:30 PM
Your build seems pretty interesting. I might give it a try. One thing I will be changing, though it's a matter of taste, you picked up a lot of 3 point Jewel nodes, and I understand the reason, but it's a fair investment that requires good jewels to make it worth it IMO. My current plan is to drop a couple of the 3 point Jewel nodes, pick up Arcane Potency for the 50% crit chance and 45% multiplier, and then grab the couple 5% life nodes you skipped. I think that should work out to better then the 2 jewel sockets I would be sacrificing.
"
vysirez wrote:
Your build seems pretty interesting. I might give it a try. One thing I will be changing, though it's a matter of taste, you picked up a lot of 3 point Jewel nodes, and I understand the reason, but it's a fair investment that requires good jewels to make it worth it IMO. My current plan is to drop a couple of the 3 point Jewel nodes, pick up Arcane Potency for the 50% crit chance and 45% multiplier, and then grab the couple 5% life nodes you skipped. I think that should work out to better then the 2 jewel sockets I would be sacrificing.

If you play the build, you will know that most of those Crit nodes are useless. Why? Because you (mostly) ALWAYS CRIT, your pots are ALWAYS FILLED. Picking the jewel nodes to get more life, since there's nowhere else this tree can reach to get more life :D It's then come down to how fast you spam your pots, but when you press your pots so fast, you then got kicked out of the game for "performing so many actions at once :D

Btw, I change this build to fit my playstyle:
- Self-cast BladeVortex to gain Powercharges since relying on CWDT BladeVortex ruins my day
- Since I selfcast BV, I will no longer rely on CWDT trigger (since I can just spam Doeder's Elixir till I take enough damage to trigger Discharge) , I play more defensive by using 1 Instant Pot / Doeder's Elixir / Diamond Flask / Granite Flask / Ruby or Topaz or Atziri flask onswap.

And this build is not hardcore viable, it's not even softcore viable if you want to lvl it pass 85 :D because you will die to shit, no matter what/how you play :D It's a build for LoL anyway :D So just enjoy :D

Edit:
I would like to list something that might kill you so you'll consider if you should play this build :D
-Chaos snakes will kill you
-Poison will kill you
-Burst damage will kill you (6 or 7k life means nothing or very little)
-Reflect will kill you (due to not enough leech back and you'll die to mobs' attacks)

Question: I can just dodge them, you're a noob!
My respond: You CAN'T see shit =)) because you cast as many spells as a fullparty would
Last edited by koros on Apr 5, 2016, 12:19:34 AM
"
koros wrote:
Edit:
I would like to list something that might kill you so you'll consider if you should play this build :D
-Poison will kill you
-Reflect will kill you (due to not enough leech back and you'll die to mobs' attacks)

My respond: You CAN'T see shit =)) because you cast as many spells as a fullparty would

Just go perma immortal call with voll's devotion and divination distillate for phys immune and 80% allres, 9k life, and some other minor tweaks (like grabbing atziri's acuities to be able to drop a lot of the shadow nodes to pick up way more life etc), seems to me like this should be more than enough to make the build lvl100 viable
Last edited by hiddy on Apr 5, 2016, 4:33:49 AM
"
Just go perma immortal call with voll's devotion and divination distillate for phys immune and 80% allres, 9k life, and some other minor tweaks (like grabbing atziri's acuities to be able to drop a lot of the shadow nodes to pick up way more life etc), seems to me like this should be more than enough to make the build lvl100 viable

These are all good ideas but I'm generally looking for stuff I can keep up 100% of the time. You can run triple purities if you have a high enough Enlighten or a +1 gems item. For auras you can really pick whatever you want and Wrath makes reflect a lot more dangerous because the Lightning part is the damage that can vary the most. Permanent Divination Distillate works but you'll have to find enough mobs which you won't be able to keep up always so I ended up not using it. Perma immortal call is the same story but I mainly have it because I'm not rich enough yet in the Perandus league :P

Maybe we can experiment a bit with Dyadian Dawn and Writhing Jar with Blade Vortex. You can get infinite worms and flasks but It'll make your game laggy as fuck.

"
If you play the build, you will know that most of those Crit nodes are useless. Why? Because you (mostly) ALWAYS CRIT, your pots are ALWAYS FILLED. Picking the jewel nodes to get more life, since there's nowhere else this tree can reach to get more life :D It's then come down to how fast you spam your pots, but when you press your pots so fast, you then got kicked out of the game for "performing so many actions at once :D

Btw, I change this build to fit my playstyle:
- Self-cast BladeVortex to gain Powercharges since relying on CWDT BladeVortex ruins my day
- Since I selfcast BV, I will no longer rely on CWDT trigger (since I can just spam Doeder's Elixir till I take enough damage to trigger Discharge) , I play more defensive by using 1 Instant Pot / Doeder's Elixir / Diamond Flask / Granite Flask / Ruby or Topaz or Atziri flask onswap.

And this build is not hardcore viable, it's not even softcore viable if you want to lvl it pass 85 :D because you will die to shit, no matter what/how you play :D It's a build for LoL anyway :D So just enjoy :D

Edit:
-Poison will kill you

You're correct about the crit chance and jewel points. I have a spreadsheet that calculates how much more DPS I'd be doing per point of crit chance (10) vs crit multi (36) vs increase damage (36). You can get more crit multi from jewels (like 16-ish) than damage (like 11-ish) so crit multi should be your priority if you wanna do more damage. These numbers will vary because of tree equipment and jewels, but Crit chance never even come close because of:

- Diamond Flask's Lucky effect
- Curse Effectiveness increased Assassin's Mark
- Increased Critical Strikes gem for Blade Vortex ( Discharge is already at 7% crit )
- The Harvest gives shitloads of crit
- Power Charges too

So yeah you could pick up crit for a little quality of life and more flask charges but you really don't need any crit from the skill tree even.

For not being "Softcore viable" I don't agree. I don't know exactly what your playstyle is with this build, I reached 90 yesterday. Though I have to agree you really can't see a fucking thing. My character currently is 5.9% leech and 7.5k life. I don't know where you're being killed from by reflect, but you should probably drop Wrath and pick up Purity of Lightning, and/or swap around gems. For Chaos being dangerous, I did Jungle Valley boss AFK kill mainly to show that a boss known for its Chaos damage doesn't do shit. I'm sure Chaos Snakes can kill you because you're selfcasting Blade Vortex so you probably have to stand still. I'm able to run around, that's entirely your choice. You can also get a Poison Immunity flask though I haven't had problems with it unless you're talking about PvP or something.
IGN SNEEDFINDER
Last edited by 0flip on Apr 5, 2016, 5:46:37 AM
May I suggest Chain (gmp-chain-cwdt-arctic breath) rather than ice spear, as a small tweak (should both give more flask charges overall, as well as having a delay so you keep getting charges even after the main pack is dead sometimes)
I've been wanting to run a build that uses the Harvest...and I happen to have a 5l Harvest and Belly with the right colors. I guess it was meant to be.
"
May I suggest Chain (gmp-chain-cwdt-arctic breath) rather than ice spear, as a small tweak (should both give more flask charges overall, as well as having a delay so you keep getting charges even after the main pack is dead sometimes)

The Harvest gives flask charges on Critical Strike not Critical Hit. GMP is just there to spread the chilled ground with Arctic Breath. It's not for additional charges and chain would also not give additional charges.
IGN SNEEDFINDER

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info