Particle Control, and illegal programs.

GGG, this needs to be clarified for us as soon as possible. Being the tech support forum, you may be more knowledgeable of this situation.

Another member has introduced us to a program (Which is legitimate), that controls the particle effects ingame.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/162469
This program simply puts a "limit" on particles generated, or disables them and other effects completely.
This COMPLETELY FIXES most of our problems with the current graphics and particle effects being hard on us in groups, or with lesser computers.

The question is, do you have an "Absolutely no 3rd party programs" rule, or is this rule used for programs that exploit the game (maphacks, light levels, etc.)
Also:
Yes, this "program" is currently hosted on a less than savory site.
Yes, there is currently a real risk of it being tainted now or in the future.

But we would simply like to know. ASSUMING the program is safe to use. Is it safe to use, in the realm of GGG rules? Since I believe it is interacting with the game itself and not the video card drivers and whatnot.
Last edited by Asonex on Feb 18, 2013, 8:49:48 AM
"
Asonex wrote:
GGG, this needs to be clarified for us as soon as possible. Being the tech support forum, you may be more knowledgeable of this situation.

Another member has introduced us to a program (Which is legitimate), that controls the particle effects ingame.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/162469
This program simply puts a "limit" on particles generated, or disables them and other effects completely.
This COMPLETELY FIXES most of our problems with the current graphics and particle effects being hard on us in groups, or with lesser computers.

The question is, do you have an "Absolutely no 3rd party programs" rule, or is this rule used for programs that exploit the game (maphacks, light levels, etc.)
Also:
Yes, this "program" is currently hosted on a less than savory site.
Yes, there is currently a real risk of it being tainted now or in the future.

But we would simply like to know. ASSUMING the program is safe to use. Is it safe to use, in the realm of GGG rules? Since I believe it is interacting with the game itself and not the video card drivers and whatnot.

GGG has stated that all 3rd party programs are bannable. I believe one of the GGG staffers said this on reddit, but I'm not 100% sure where I saw it, would be nice if they could response and sticky something to that effect.
I think requesting GGG to make a quick response to this is a bit harsh,
considering if they declare it's ok to use the fix, and it turns out to be harmful to our system in whatever means:

Full responsibility goes to GGG, and there will be sue-happy people around to make GGG in trouble.

If the fix indeed solve the problem, GGG can easily either by investigating the method used themselves, or contact the author to apply the fix if they want to do it quick.

I think just keep it "use it at your own risk" is good enough for us and GGG
it could cost your account in two ways.

1. hacks, trojs inside
2. Official Bann

Do you have an ATI card ?
What you can do for your account security http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/115464/page/7 see my post
"
Karleguarth wrote:
considering if they declare it's ok to use the fix, and it turns out to be harmful to our system in whatever means:

Full responsibility goes to GGG, and there will be sue-happy people around to make GGG in trouble.

If the fix indeed solve the problem, GGG can easily either by investigating the method used themselves, or contact the author to apply the fix if they want to do it quick.

Yes, well. The question was "If it is safe for us to use", is it against the rules. I was not asking them to stand behind it as an official temporary fix for everyone.
I simply want to know if you can be banned for it?
Last edited by Asonex on Feb 18, 2013, 9:00:44 AM
"
Asonex wrote:
"
Karleguarth wrote:

Yes, well. The question was "If it is safe for us to use", is it against the rules. I was not asking them to stand behind it as an official temporary fix for everyone.

Yes, you can be banned for it.

Source:
Spoiler
http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/18hskm/tools_of_exile_exphour_calculator_ingame_clock/c8eyiqn
Last edited by Lask001 on Feb 18, 2013, 9:04:14 AM
"
Asonex wrote:
"
Karleguarth wrote:

Yes you can get banned and they are not save
What you can do for your account security http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/115464/page/7 see my post
I wouldn't risk my account for these types of issues, just buy new graphics card or just play another game until they fix it.

GGG says any 3rd party programs are illegal to use, so I wouldn't do it if I were you.

I do agree that it is bit ridiculous that this wouldn't be their priority as one of my friend has quit the game because she couldn't stand the particle issues in act 3 (in docks because its raining and the fire of dog causes extra lag along with other party members or your own lightning arrow).

only option u have is, get nvidia geforce graphics card and make ramdisk, if not, there really isn't any real solutions, I tried everything that was listed on forums and any software tweaks, but if your hardware isn't compatible with the game, it just won't work for you.

It's bit silly how torchlight II isn't having any of these issues for me.
My Craft Logs-thread/359202
"
Galneryus wrote:
I wouldn't risk my account for these types of issues, just buy new graphics card or just play another game until they fix it.

GGG says any 3rd party programs are illegal to use, so I wouldn't do it if I were you.

I do agree that it is bit ridiculous that this wouldn't be their priority as one of my friend has quit the game because she couldn't stand the particle issues in act 3 (in docks because its raining and the fire of dog causes extra lag along with other party members or your own lightning arrow).

only option u have is, get nvidia geforce graphics card and make ramdisk, if not, there really isn't any real solutions, I tried everything that was listed on forums and any software tweaks, but if your hardware isn't compatible with the game, it just won't work for you.

It's bit silly how torchlight II isn't having any of these issues for me.

Now that I have seen the reddit, where they said even an ingame clock or experience calculator is against the rules, this obviously will be too. So yea...

I am looking at getting an 80$ Nvidia card. Not top of the line by any means, but should be infinitely more powerful than what I have, and be able to get past level 50.

When I watch the online streams from players with top of the line computers, and then realize there is no setting to change particle effects yet, I see what my computer is trying to render and understand why it is completely destroying it. This game has a crazy amount of particle and spell effects in game. And it does actually look really awesome. On a $2k computer...
"
Galneryus wrote:
just buy new graphics card or just play another game until they fix it.

Great suggestion!

Amazoone - LVL70 RIP, Ghenkis - LVL52 RIP, Tempelaar LVL55 RIP
Ghenkes - LVL83 EK Mara, Amazooon - lvl61 Ranger and both going strong :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info