RANGER FACEBREAKER - CRIT

"
DeusMatt wrote:
Have you ever tried Uber Atziri with this build?

Yup, actually this past weekend I was playing around with Uber Atziri. She's easy but getting there deathless is a big problem xD.

The trash are your worst enemy on that map because a) there are a lot so it wrecks your evasion, b) they hit extremely hard, c) they use tons of spells.

Since those Vaal Construct green ranged things use spell projectiles and have high damage, unless you have high spell defense you will get shredded. At the same time you need to keep up your regular attack avoidance.

Ofc on other builds you can do all kinds of cheese like Earthquake knockback / pseudo-melee skills etc. to cope, but on unarmed you can't.

What I did was put more defense on the build and practise on regular Atziri map with 2.3 -2.5k HP. I specc'd Chase + Veil, swapped to Saffell's. Put on a high EV chest. And used Rumi's + Silver flask. I also carried 3 Vaal Grace for bosses and Atziri clone phase.

It worked and I could survive on the whole map comfortably with 2.5k HP but now my DPS was much lower - it wasn't a problem on regular Atziri but when I re-scaled my life back to normal and went to Uber Atziri map - the DPS was too low to manage Uber trio.

When your DPS is too low for Uber trio - then your flasks run out, and then you have a problem because both your defenses and DPS will drop further.

Can it be done? Yes, with enough skill - but you will need to play flawlessly to do the whole map solo deathless.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jan 17, 2017, 3:42:27 AM
Hi Man i love the concept of this build. Have you ever try considered going CI on this build? High ES pool should help a tons with reflect
"
Hi Man i love the concept of this build. Have you ever try considered going CI on this build? High ES pool should help a tons with reflect

Hi bud, unfortunately CI crit facebreakers would be extremely hard to do because of the uniques you need like Abyssus, amulet, belt, gloves ofc is gone. So you left with shield, chest and boots and rings to get your ES and res.

Taking off Great Old One's shield would lose a good amount of DPS, and Darkrays too is a big loss.

So at the end of the day I think you will either not get as much ES as you want, or your DPS will be too low.

I think if you going CI crit unarmed you could try Doryani's Fist - that will free up a lot of your gear since you don't need phys for Doryani's Fist. Instead you would aim to get the below, however it is MUCH harder to scale than phys facebreakers (i.e. cannot use MPD gem)

- % inc. lightning nodes
- flat lightning like Wrath
- attack speed (frenzy charges)
- elemental pen (maybe Elementalist ascendancy and light pen gem)
- crit ofc
hi! your build is really interresting! thx for post it!

Why you have 2 vaal grace on your boots?

Can you do a leveling tree?
Last edited by benidou on Jan 19, 2017, 4:34:32 AM
"
benidou wrote:
hi! your build is really interresting! thx for post it!

Why you have 2 vaal grace on your boots?

Can you do a leveling tree?

Hi bud, 2x vaal grace was for some hard bosses I was doing, just 1 is enough.

Leveling is quite easy with facebreakers, since you get most of your damage from gear you can level defenses first. Use Ice Crash / Infernal Blow, then switch to Frenzy whenever you feel comfortable:

1) Early stages gets our Acros and life

2) Then we spec accuracy/damage nodes, and go to Shadow for more life

3) Then once you switch to Frenzy attack - spec frenzy charges and get Avatar of Slaughter

4) Lastly switch to crit and get the claw nodes

That way you can build steadily and add damage as you get later in the game, in fact you may find you are happy with regular FB + frenzy charges and not spec the crit nodes.

Alternatively, some people may like to spec crit much earlier - Rigwald's Curse has low level requirement.

Ascendancy follows your spec as well, Avatar of Veil usually first and then Slaughter once you start with Frenzy charges.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Jan 19, 2017, 4:00:48 PM
Thx Ceryneian!!!

You save my character! It's better now!
Frenzy crit is the only one facebreaker build I hadn't test son ce toady and it's cool (machine gun punch ranger :p )
Until now I only got the chest 5L What gems can I use?
Last edited by Vexbow on Jan 22, 2017, 6:10:46 AM
"
Vexbow wrote:
Until now I only got the chest 5L What gems can I use?

Hi man, for 5l use frenzy, multi, melee phys, melee splash, inc crit. Then when you get 6l add P2L.

Or you can also use Ice Crash + MPD + Inc. AOE + Faster Attacks + Inc. Crit
Not sure if you guys saw the "bug" posted on Reddit but there is a way to equip offhand for facebreakers to get some nice benefits. You can equip the item you want in off hand then equip a cheap white main hand weapon - then go to vendor and sell the main hand weapon. This will keep the off hand equipped in the off hand slot, so you get all the stats, but you will use Facebreakers for your usual attacks.

Unfortunately Great Old One's Ward adds so much damage for facebreakers, plus life, block and spell block, it is hard to find an off hand that could beat this shield. However if you are just looking for some nice utility you can try the below options.

Eclipse Solaris is good for blind for nearby enemies (instead of having to rely on flasks) and some extra crit multiplier

Death's Hand is good for always having Unholy Might pretty much whenever you attack instead of having to rely on Sin's Rebirth.

Soul Taker is good as well since you can reserve more mana and never worry about not being out of mana.

EDIT: Just confirmed Tempestuous Steel is not global =(
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jan 22, 2017, 12:23:26 PM
Another unique I've been trying is Lycosidae shield as a replacement for my Great Old One's Ward. Yes the shield is very ugly and I use a skin hehe, but it is great for a crit build.

With the global hits can't be evaded mod it is superb for this build and will change your accuracy to 100% on the tooltip making the DPS tooltip slightly lower than with Great Old One HOWEVER the 2nd accuracy check for crits is not factored into the tooltip I believe, so net it is actually a DPS gain.

I timed and tested this out and the DPS is indeed higher with this shield than using Great Old One. Also a good option for those building more on the block side and using Reckoning.

Not really that great defensively as it lowers life a tiny bit and reduces your spell block as well compared to Great Old One. And obviously it will cause more problems with reflect unless you are already using totems to deal with reflect.

So only recommended for those looking to push the DPS envelope. Also this shield WILL spoil you lol - 100% accuracy is addictive.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Feb 1, 2017, 4:06:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info