RANGER FACEBREAKER - CRIT

"
Pharcri wrote:

Yea sounds like a good idea. Hmm gonna have a hard time deciding which way i wanna play. But Thank you for the build, looks awesome! Been a long time since i have done a melee splash build lol

Good thing is this build is very flexible to use skills that you want (some of which do not require melee splash):
- Frenzy
- Cyclone
- Infernal Blow
- Ice Crash
- Shield Charge
- Dominating Blow

Personally I prefer to just use Frenzy because I want my full Frenzy charges up as much as I can for DPS and survivability.
"
Datness wrote:

Thank you for your answer.

FA stands for Faster Attacks right ?

What if changing the green socket ? Switching to blue socket for P2L seems to be the best option in this case, isn't it ?

(By the way, we can indeed notice you've got a new computer, no more lag on your videos :D)

Haha, thanks man. Yes FA is Faster Attacks - I found it made the regular mob clearing feel a bit faster with Ice Crash - however you cannot Shock so the boss damage is lower.

P2L is better to use - shock giving 1.5x damage multiplier is a BIG BIG boost, and also means you never have to worry about phys reflect. However if you reserve too much mana you MAY need to get some generic mana leech by Ranger since you will have no phys to leech from. However if you use some Enlightens - then I've found I have quite a good amount of mana left - so you will never really run out (Ass Mark gives mana on kill).
Last edited by Ceryneian on Sep 7, 2016, 2:28:08 PM
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
Pharcri wrote:

Yea sounds like a good idea. Hmm gonna have a hard time deciding which way i wanna play. But Thank you for the build, looks awesome! Been a long time since i have done a melee splash build lol

Good thing is this build is very flexible to use skills that you want (some of which do not require melee splash):
- Frenzy
- Cyclone
- Infernal Blow
- Ice Crash
- Shield Charge
- Dominating Blow

Personally I prefer to just use Frenzy because I want my full Frenzy charges up as much as I can for DPS and survivability.

yea. Finally decided i will be going gladiator and see how the build goes. I will check in with it when i get higher in level. Will pobably mess with the gear too as well. really want to try those new unique rings.
if this build UBER atziri and Uber lab viable?
"
Ragnar0kkr wrote:
if this build UBER atziri and Uber lab viable?

Yes it's viable, but it's obviously not a foolproof Uber farming build. You will need good gameplay with things like Flame Dash / Lightning Warp. Needless to say, wearing Abyssus on a life EV melee build is never a good idea, so if you want to do hard content you NEED NEED Rumi's flask + high dodges, and a Stibnite flask.

Uber lab yes can be done - needs Stibnite flask to keep blinding Izaro.

Uber Atziri - yes can be done with enough skill. However the hardest part for EV melee for Alluring Abyss is Trio (I already know I can do these because I can do Vaal Temple) and the regular mobs on that map - you cannot go toe-to-toe with these mobs. You need a large AOE skill like Ice Crash to stay safe because those melee mobs can one shot you and there are so many of them in a pack which screws your EV.
Hi I just Finished Drafting up a Skill tree and Item set for a Gladiator Armor Version of this build after i saw you guys talking about it, i played the original and loved but too squishy for my tastes so hopefully i can make this work

Probably going to Pickup Lightning Coil Along with Dropping Meginords for either a really good Rare Belt or Doranyis at first Capping my Resistances off 2 Rings and possibly a shield i might use Lioneyes Depending on what Rings i can get and if i can cap my resists off with just that or if i need to use a shield with resistances on it

Plan on running a 6L Frenzy for Damage
4L Shield Charge for clearing which works so well

i may change some aura's around and skill points depending on how tanky or squishy this ends up being

Sidenote Not sure why but Rigwalds is 1EX in Essence Right.
"
VsDreaMz wrote:
Hi I just Finished Drafting up a Skill tree and Item set for a Gladiator Armor Version of this build after i saw you guys talking about it, i played the original and loved but too squishy for my tastes so hopefully i can make this work

Probably going to Pickup Lightning Coil Along with Dropping Meginords for either a really good Rare Belt or Doranyis at first Capping my Resistances off 2 Rings and possibly a shield i might use Lioneyes Depending on what Rings i can get and if i can cap my resists off with just that or if i need to use a shield with resistances on it

Plan on running a 6L Frenzy for Damage
4L Shield Charge for clearing which works so well

i may change some aura's around and skill points depending on how tanky or squishy this ends up being

Sidenote Not sure why but Rigwalds is 1EX in Essence Right.

Hi bud, thanks for testing out. If you want less squishiness I recommend you drop Abyssus first. Meginord's is good as it gives you 10% increased life.

It's a bit hard ofc because of so many uniques it can be tricky to balance the res, but I think if you drop Abyssus and then use Shield Charge with Fortify you will see a nice increase in survivability.

Also if you can't cap res on Lightning Coil, think about using Daresso's (for ECs and some extra dodge), or even Kaom's.
Added a new vid:

T15 Core: https://youtu.be/xwVsA0Pa1Jc
Honestly this fight is kinda unfair for melee players, too many flying balls and random traps you need to dodge which is much harder when you are trying to engage the boss to do melee attacks.

Will also update the Plaza vid on front page for a new one with double bosses.

-----

Also for those interested in using just Ancestral totems, I've been trying out double Ancestral Warchief using the unique quiver below. It feels very nice if you are used to playing totems (hehe I'm not).

Only changes are to remove shield for the quiver, and update 6L to the below:

Ancestral Warchief + MPD + Added Fire + Faster Attacks + Inc. AOE + Faster Casting
(can swap Faster Casting for P2L for more damage).

You can change the build to get more totem passives, but I found it to be fine and I've done T14s and T15s like this including double Abyss map.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Sep 9, 2016, 5:44:35 PM
"
Hi bud, thanks for testing out. If you want less squishiness I recommend you drop Abyssus first. Meginord's is good as it gives you 10% increased life.

It's a bit hard ofc because of so many uniques it can be tricky to balance the res, but I think if you drop Abyssus and then use Shield Charge with Fortify you will see a nice increase in survivability.

Also if you can't cap res on Lightning Coil, think about using Daresso's (for ECs and some extra dodge), or even Kaom's.

After some more theorycrafting and some pathbuilder me and a buddy decided Champion Benefits us more

We keep a large part of our DPS just from frenzy scaling and champions damage we do lose a bit of block chance but gain a large amount of armor and evasion scaling and perma fortfity is a much more constistant. Depnding on how our damage output is with the new level 80 rings i may drop abyssus in favor of something like Alphas Howl ontop of grabbing the dualist cluster and see if i cant squeeze in AA for even more hard phys mitigation
Last edited by VsDreaMz on Sep 9, 2016, 9:31:31 PM
What would you change for using this build with shield charge? and what would be the best way to generate frenzy charges doing so?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info