[2.4] COLB (Cast On Last Breath) tanky, high dps, can use any spells you want

"
The_x_ile wrote:
cant wait to try frostbolt and vortex in the mix of gems ill use here :)
Be sure to post vids when you do :D Actually it seems like it might be better without the Vortex and just using Ice nova, that could add a lot of aoe!

I'm about to embark on a dual Apep's Chaos Pathfinder version using Wither, just calc'ed the DPS for lvl 1 Vaal Flameblast in a 3 link, VMS - Added Chaos - Inc Aoe. The DPS is 1.47 million. LOL
Just gotta wait for my perandus gear to rotate into standard where my scold's is (I chanced one at the end of Tali, saved up Mind Cages forever to do it, this was way back one league ago when Scold's was 13ex a pop instead of 50c). I'll get some footage of it in action once it's complete

I might make a guide for it once it's up and post in the Ranger forums? More for my own record than anything else, and I'll be sure to direct people to this thread since that's where I got most of the ideas for it.

edit: miscalculated by applying damage mods twice, the vms damage is a *mere* 190k dps
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
Last edited by ThatsSoGoodman on May 12, 2016, 9:05:05 PM
"
"
The_x_ile wrote:
cant wait to try frostbolt and vortex in the mix of gems ill use here :)
Be sure to post vids when you do :D Actually it seems like it might be better without the Vortex and just using Ice nova, that could add a lot of aoe!

I'm about to embark on a dual Apep's Chaos Pathfinder version using Wither, just calc'ed the DPS for lvl 1 Vaal Flameblast in a 3 link, VMS - Added Chaos - Inc Aoe. The DPS is 1.47 million. LOL
Just gotta wait for my perandus gear to rotate into standard where my scold's is (I chanced one at the end of Tali, saved up Mind Cages forever to do it, this was way back one league ago when Scold's was 13ex a pop instead of 50c). I'll get some footage of it in action once it's complete

I might make a guide for it once it's up and post in the Ranger forums? More for my own record than anything else, and I'll be sure to direct people to this thread since that's where I got most of the ideas for it.

edit: miscalculated by applying damage mods twice, the vms damage is a *mere* 190k dps

how did you get to 1.47 DPS? nad VMS or vaal flameblast?
my builds:
- COLB (Cast On Last Breath) first ever build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1632595
- the Flash: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1367774
- the oro's bridle build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1409823
"
The_x_ile wrote:
how did you get to 1.47 DPS? nad VMS or vaal flameblast?
Molten Shell, not sure why I wrote flameblast. I miscalculated the dps, I applied damage mods twice by accident. The correct number is 190k chaos dps which should still be more than enough, I think. 375 base chaos damage from apep's/chaos gem, doubled by VMS damage effectiveness, then 400% increased damage, RF, max wither stacks, and poison (1.7x multiplier) at 8 casts per second. This is using a lvl 1 VMS to prevent ele reflect from being an issue, a level 20 adds about 100k dps but might make me weak to reflect. Though, I'll be running pathfinder-buffed legacy div dist + a ruby maybe (+18% max fire res total) so maybe reflect wouldn't hurt.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
Last edited by ThatsSoGoodman on May 13, 2016, 2:19:18 PM
thanks for everyone who read my posts and looked at my tree and gear. sadly, I have bad news.

this build is by far, THE WORST BUILD i've ever played. ever. It's total shit.

I'm totally willing to admit to sucking at flasks, but yeah, if you suck at flasks this build sucks. flasks suck @$$. Even when I pay 100% attention, you risk running out of charges and other situations which just suck. Even when I pay 100% attention, some random shit kills me. SAD!!!

and not even flasks, but just leap slamming around, I die SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many times to bullshit. Silence curser? yeah, you're fucked. You won't cast shit.
leap slam into random perandus mobs? oh yeah, you're dead. no apparent reason. even though the screen is filled with elemental shit you are doing to mobs, making you look so bad ass, for some reason YOU DIE. WHOOPS. BYE BYE XP and HOURS FROM YOUR REAL LIFE.
porcupine chickens? yup, you're fucked. dead.

oh, did i mention I have 6300 life???? oh, that's no good enough? oh, excuse me then, I will just go play any number of builds that don't require stupid jewels that are lame as fuck that cost 1ex each and go play literally ANYTHING else besides this build. I can snooze atziri in DOZENS OF OTHER BUILDS rather than get frustrated here

It may seem like having tons of regen from zerphis is good, but guess what, it's not. As evidenced by what I wrote above. so many things kill you. you think you have 800% regen, maybe you do but not good enough to some shit you CAN'T EVEN SEE what hurts you.

I've put dozens of hours into this build, total garbage and ruined my friday night tonight.
"
Xaxarius wrote:
thanks for everyone who read my posts and looked at my tree and gear. sadly, I have bad news.

I'm totally willing to admit to sucking at flasks, but yeah, if you suck at flasks this build sucks. flasks suck @$$. Even when I pay 100% attention, you risk running out of charges and other situations which just suck. Even when I pay 100% attention, some random shit kills me. SAD!!!

and not even flasks, but just leap slamming around, I die SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many times to bullshit. Silence curser? yeah, you're fucked. You won't cast shit.
leap slam into random perandus mobs? oh yeah, you're dead. no apparent reason. even though the screen is filled with elemental shit you are doing to mobs, making you look so bad ass, for some reason YOU DIE. WHOOPS. BYE BYE XP and HOURS FROM YOUR REAL LIFE.

oh, did i mention I have 6300 life???? oh, that's no good enough? oh, excuse me then, I will just go play any number of builds that don't require stupid jewels that are lame as fuck that cost 1ex each and go play literally ANYTHING else besides this build. I can snooze atziri in DOZENS OF OTHER BUILDS rather than get frustrated here

It may seem like having tons of regen from zerphis is good, but guess what, it's not. As evidenced by what I wrote above. so many things kill you. you think you have 800% regen, maybe you do but not good enough to some shit you CAN'T EVEN SEE what hurts you.

I've put dozens of hours into this build, total garbage and ruined my friday night tonight.

lol... ofcourse this build will suck for you.. you doing it TOTALLY WRONG!
but hey.. why stop and think and understand the mechanic of the build right?

you use voidbringer..... and 4 jewels? why? because you dont have corrupted bitterdream...
but you still use lvl 16 cwdt.... let me guess... you dont casts spells every leap?
you didnt stop to think about what is best for you to work.. maybe lower lvl of cwdt? maybe remove voidbringers and get corrupted bitterdream and high life gloves?
and as i mentioned before, for this build to work you need more than 7K life.... you dont have the requierment, you play it wrongs... and you cry....
good luck to you in life sir.
i hope you work differently in other areas.
my builds:
- COLB (Cast On Last Breath) first ever build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1632595
Disregard the posts about this build not working - it does and it's amazing.

The main problem here is that the setup to make it work is EXTENSIVE, sometimes counter intuitive and not entirely described in detail in this guide.

I'd like to thank OP for this build and guide, it works like a charm once you put all the pieces of the puzzle together.

I'm planning on doing a leveling and progress guide for this, cutting the time and deaths newcomers will have trying to understand everything in this build.
EXP past level 97 is an illusion, exile.
"
Ridelith wrote:
and not entirely described in detail in this guide.

what do you feel is not described enough?
"
Ridelith wrote:

I'd like to thank OP for this build and guide, it works like a charm once you put all the pieces of the puzzle together.

you welcome :)
"
Ridelith wrote:

I'm planning on doing a leveling and progress guide for this, cutting the time and deaths newcomers will have trying to understand everything in this build.

that will be great, i dont have time to play a low lvl char up to top, so that will be really helpfull and ill add it to main post here
my builds:
The things I think are missing are mostly mechanics related to the progression: how cwdt works (cumulative damage); how you can do setups with lesser gems on lower levels and still use the build casting every 2 Leap Slams; also explaining how bitterdream work (multiple mana multipliers), saving people the trouble of trying other weapons and failing miserably. [Removed by Support]

The leveling setup I used picked about 14 extra nodes to get more fire dmg, totem dmg and Ancestral Bond - I then used Flame Totem with multiple links on a tabula. It worked very well compared to other setups I tried (trypanon CoC, spark or EK self cast). The guide I wanna make goes much more in detail and also explains how to do lab with this build. It will take a while, though, since I'm pretty busy lately, but I'll try to deliver.
EXP past level 97 is an illusion, exile.
Last edited by Rachel on May 16, 2016, 6:27:56 AM
"
Xaxarius wrote:

6300 hp is very low for this build
I'm running 2 zephi's and 3 utility pots: anti-bleed basalt, anti-freeze HP pot, anti-curse basalt. I proc less spells during flask effect but it saves vs porcupines.
It takes time to learn builds good and bad sides, and you will die while learning.

I still die a lot, but my goal is not to gain levels asap, I enjoy the process, so can't really measure it as lost real life time. Learning new play styles is always fun to me. Levels is just one of many options of measuring your success, the most basic one that every simple man can understand. But there are more complex ones. It's not bad to be simple though, we are all here to take our joy with our own preferred way.
Playing with 70-80ms ping, which is causing long loading between zones,
resulting in 2-4 minutes disadvantage in 1 hour races.
(I was wrong, it wasn't a ping issue but something else on GGG side)
Hi,

redone my PC from Ivy to SkyLake with M2 Samsung SSD :) Now i didnt feel any lag from parandus chests.

Only one thing that saves me from porcupine is ranged attack. I have AB/Essence drain/Contagion. A bit slowly but works.

Maybe with pots this is better.

Btw. How about doing same build with hight AR and 8 Fevered Minds? We will get HP spikes but they will be less dangerous.

Or another way - GGG - please create Scold's that works with chaos;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info