[2.2] Arly's Earthquake Staff Berserker/Champion

*In progress - this will be more of a summary and view more than a full length guide for the time being*

Introduction: This build revolves around critting with a staff in order to gain endurance charges and power charges. Berserker is the go to class but Juggernaut can be in order to maximize the benefit of having permanent endurance charges as well as 1000 accuracy which can be costly to get otherwise. Champion can be chosen if you simply don't want to worry about fortify and I would recommend this for most players and play styles. This build has very fast clear speeds and one of the best single target potentials in the game.

Gear Requirements: To start you will of course need an Era. You will also need either a legacy vinktar's or atziri's acuity in order for the build to work at optimal levels and to be able to decimate T14+ bosses. I would not suggest attempting until you have one of these.

Build metrics:
Clear speed: 3.8 (out of 4)
Defensive: 3.4
Single target: 4 +
Map versatility: 3.8
Momentum independence: 3.8
Cost effective: 1.2

Pro:
-Amazing single target and absolutely crushes t12+ bosses.
-Nearly unrivaled clear times for hard T13+ maps.
-Can do literally any map mod including blood magic, vuln/-max + single reflect, no leech + no regen but its recommended to avoid physical reflect.
-Almost no clear speed hit from annoying map mods like enfeeble + monster life.
-Staff berserker for hipster points.

Con:
-At the moment fairly expensive due to acuity but the build would function essentially the same even without. You will want to have either acuity or a legacy vinktar in order to get instant leech in order to mow down t14+ bosses.
-Requires good flask management and sometimes good positioning.
-Ultimately you're a melee build so you simply can't offscreen mobs but the build gets pretty damn close.

Build video:
======================================
T9 gorge - 1:36 minutes - HH
T9 gorge - 1:53 minutes
T12 overgrown ruin - 2:16 minutes - HH
T13 exca - 4:20 minutes EE, vuln, enfeeble, monster dmg, monster crit, beyond
T14 palace -3:19 minutes - fleet, vuln, monster damage, fire damage
T14 shrine -3:12 minutes - temp chains, less regen, gmp, boss damage
---
T12 village ruin - boss fight - dual boss, monster damage, enfeeble
T13 wasteland - Killing voll in a single EQ
T14 conservatory - boss fight - unid vaal map
T14 palace - boss fight - temp chains, crit no regen, beyond
T14 shrine - boss fight - temp chains

2.2 Gear

2.2 Passive tree

Bandits: oak,oak,alirya

Passive tree

2.2 Stats

Level 95 champion:
EQ DPS with full charges , golem, bloodrage, Iaoe gem, abysus no flasks:
145,970 - 2744 acc (91%) - 93.33 CC , 522 multi
With conc effect:

without abysus:

Defenses with full charges and all flasks:
life: 5865
physical mitigation: 90%
life regen: 316
block:75
spell block:23
Resists:76/75/82
movespeed: 135%

Lightning coil + abysus and self cast immortal call and perma fortify

Jewel guide

You will want 2 the following prefixes:
7% life
16% physical damage
16% physical damage with staves
18% multiplier with two handed melee weapons

Two of the following suffixes:
10% increased damage
12% area damage
12% melee damage
12/12 resists
10 all resistances
15% melee crit multiplier
12% global crit multi

You will want one instance each of the below:
.4% physical attack life leech
.4% physical attack mana leech

15% physical damage = 12% area damage, 12% melee damage, 12% increased damage, 11% multiplier
-Crit multi is the highest amount of dps per affix and will vastly surpass 12% area damage or 12% melee damage. Even a low roll of 10% multi will do more damage than 16% physical damage
-Avoid attack speed as we want to instantly destroy mobs in one EQ but its certainly not a wasted affix.

The ideal jewel for maximum tooltip dps and life will be:
7% life
18% multiplier with two handed melee weapons
15% melee crit multiplier
12% global crit multi

Gear guide

WIP

Skill gem setup

WIP

A note about mirrored items and BiS::
Mirroring boots, belts, shield gloves or helms is the most wasteful thing you can do in the game. These items provide very little DPS gain and over stacking resists is pointless. There will never be point where it will be worthwhile to burn 300 exalts on any of these gear slots.

You do not need a full set of mirrored items or any mirrored item to be play at the very highest level and I would encourage against blowing your wallet for a shiny duped item that will ultimately lock you into undesirable gem colors or become outdated as GGG nerfs and buffs skills or changes reflect mechanics. A build whose baseline is several mirrored items, or worst, BiS originals is a bit silly because given 2000 exalts, even a toddler could make elemental hit into a competitive end game build.

Other builds I've authored:
Elemental LA pathfinder
Elemental cyclone/reaver
Low life spark inquisitor
Elemental kinetic blast: WIP
Low low varunassin: WIP
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Apr 2, 2016, 5:35:02 AM
Last bumped on Apr 7, 2016, 12:10:43 AM
res
res
Hi nice build, you mind showing the jewels you use please?
"
breqker wrote:
Hi nice build, you mind showing the jewels you use please?

I listed them in the main post.
would like to see an actual guide on this. looks amazing. would this be hardcore viable?
Last edited by adsgljknlkgdfs on Mar 29, 2016, 3:57:37 PM
After a couple days of searching i think this build looks like the funnest build i've found as well cant wait for this full length guide, im debating between this and a spark build.
Last edited by gm08872 on Mar 29, 2016, 4:43:56 PM
Bump for a great build. The clear speed is great, and the ST blows most melee builds away. Explodes packs even on hard maps.
The Endless Retch: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1655814
Would you also mind posting the best enchants to have on helm/boots/gloves, i know reduced eq on helm is the best option but what about for the other 2, and great build once again.
"
would like to see an actual guide on this. looks amazing. would this be hardcore viable?

Definitely, for hc, swap abysus for a different helm and go champion.
The core aspects of the build are there. I find that people do not read 99% of what I write, no matter how much I write and videos tend to be a far better demonstration of prowess than text.

"
gm08872 wrote:
Would you also mind posting the best enchants to have on helm/boots/gloves, i know reduced eq on helm is the best option but what about for the other 2, and great build once again.

Best enchant for glove is definitely decree of fury for some added range and best boot enchant is life and mana leech if you've killed recently.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info