RIP BRUSSELS

"
vio wrote:
wars always affect all parties involved.

even here in germany some people believe it's a one side thing to bomb other countries.
a bit naive to be honest looking at the history of wars.

what we should ask ourselves: who profits from these attacks?

for me it's europe's hardliners, weapon producers and countries who eventually profit from the reductions of freedom in favour of more (illusional) security we will get in europe now

reminds me of a commentator on TV saying "they are at war with us, we arent at war with them". Quite stupid, but I see its very common for idiots to be so blind that they think they can "act nice" in war.
there's sickness in the west to a point where some people actually will unironically say "we shouldnt attack (with full force) ISIS because that will give rise to sympathizers" I dont need to point out how unbelievably retarded and protective of criminals that line of thought is. Sometimes I have the feeling some people long for the death of their own country.

I said it before and I'll say it again: It will get much worse before EU wakes the fuck up (if it wakes in time).
There was already a greatly missed opportunity some months ago when ISIS main forceS reallocated to a different city in the middle east. In any other time in history, with the weapons at our disposal right now, they would have been obliterated. The problem in this heavily politicized world is that no one wants to do the though choice, no one wants to "be the bad guy". I dont need to say what they should have done during that time. Its pretty obvious. If you arent willing to make sacrifices on the other side, the sacrifices will be made on your side. We cant and we SHOULDNT obliterate everyone, but we need to take advantage of opportunities presented to us and our own technological superiority. The blood of our soldiers and civilians is also on the hands of those who wish only to look like good people by taking the makes-me-look-like-a-good-person position (and the idle position, that one is also at fault).

prolonged war is an idiotic new-age idea, that like you are saying, benefits only a few.
It certainly does not benefit neither civilians nor the armies on either side in a conventional war.
It does benefit ISIS though, not economically, but ideologically. Their effects on the west are a statement of power, THAT is what HAS (not will) gained them more sympathizers. Even a blind man could see that.

The poor people of Brussels, they are in such a position that it is inevitable. I know its not the first time, but it certainly wont be the last (hopefully Im wrong on that one, but either way im sure terrorists will at least TRY).
I'll say also that the abandoned Kalashnikov and explosive vest is more likely than not, NOT something hastily abandoned by a fleeing terrorist. But rather an iconic statement and a weapon of psychological fear, purposely left there to leave people wonder. Uncertainty is a powerful weapon. They could all have been caught/killed by now, but those items will leave doubt and worry in people's minds.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Mar 22, 2016, 1:39:01 PM
"
Boem wrote:
"
Morgoth2356 wrote:
I'm living in Brussels and one of my best friend is working at the airport. Thankfully his shift was supposed to start one hour after the attack. Fuck those terrorists. And yes, the belgian police and intelligence services did a terrible job before hand.

That's naive to say, considering all of the attacks that didn't occur.

That's at least reasonable to assume when you consider the facts. The most recent one being that they arrested the most wanted terrorist in Europe 5 months after the Paris attacks, litteraly 2 minutes away from his home and only because a relative he called rated on him. We can add facts that did not happen in the balance of course, but those that actually happened are overwhelming evidence they barely had anything under control.
IGN : @Morgoth
Man, i should get my back fixed so i can get back out there fighting the good fight, or bad fight, depending on your views... i feel so useless at home -.-
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
"
Slayer_Tip wrote:
Man, i should get my back fixed so i can get back out there fighting the good fight, or bad fight, depending on your views... i feel so useless at home -.-

Only if one of your views includes "killing another person is good", by whatever justification you can come up with.

Good/bad, just systems the brain requires to fill the emptiness that appears after the action.
Ultimately lies to hide the fact you killed one of your own.

We have no right to judge people that reside in darkness.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I find it's a shame Belgium don't get even 1% percent of the help and kind words we had in november when we got attacked in France ( or the others 20+ others countries that has been under their attacks in the past sadly they are too poor to mobilize public opinion //IRONY ).

My toughts are going to family.

"
for me it's europe's hardliners, weapon producers and countries who eventually profit from the reductions of freedom in favour of more (illusional) security we will get in europe now.

The numbers and past history show only a debt and business / diplomatic issues between countries after a war.

Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Mar 22, 2016, 4:19:44 PM
"
Airport and Subway station in Brussels just had two explosions, 11 dead, 25 wounded so far.

https://twitter.com/massart_serge/status/712191109288628224

http://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-35869266?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

What a horrible tuesday

So many lives lost and traumatized needlessly :-(
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
DalaiLama wrote:

So many lives lost and traumatized needlessly :-(

I would hope not, though the past is in your favor.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info