Deadeye/Berserker Low Life Voltaxic Spark/Vaal Spark

I'm thinking of respec into LL Spark but I'm worried about its survivability. I'm currently playing a Life based version of ZiggyD and I would say it's kinda weak in defense even with 6k+ life and 600 life regen. It is okay to fight weaklings and off-screen, LOS killings but when it comes to big hit or constant damage. I die extremely fast (-_-)

Is the LL ES version has the same weak point ? and I'm also worried about its twin core or uber capabilities since I've never see anyone done it with Spark builds :|

Btw. is there a reason why you don't pick Vaal Pact for instant leech (since no regen from life anyway) and Nullification node (nice node with only 1 point invest) ? And also, why don't you pick "4% mana reserved" node from Leadership branch to benefit from 6% inc aura effect instead of the one from Influence branch? Since they both cost 2 points?
Last edited by koros on Mar 27, 2016, 10:02:23 PM
Maybe I'm missing something, but you have immortal call on cwdt, but no way of generating endurance charges that I see. What's the benefit there?
"
dalien wrote:
I am currently leveling a scion with your build, but then i noticed you were not using the Winds of change gloves. is there a reason for that?

Winds of change are alright if you want to sacrifice the energy shield that rare gloves have to offer. Build has plenty of DPS at end game with Voltaxic!
"
smith357 wrote:
occultist node isn't better then berserk ?

ES regen from Occultist node isn't bad, but we have a lot of sparks going out and the leech + damage from berserker has been great, you can give it a try and if you don't like it you can repec for 5 regrets per node in the ascendency tree.
"
scrllock wrote:
Maybe I'm missing something, but you have immortal call on cwdt, but no way of generating endurance charges that I see. What's the benefit there?

Immortal call still mitigates damage without endurance charges, cahrges just increase the duration, feel free to run a self cast EC if you would like more mitigation from IC.
"
koros wrote:
I'm thinking of respec into LL Spark but I'm worried about its survivability. I'm currently playing a Life based version of ZiggyD and I would say it's kinda weak in defense even with 6k+ life and 600 life regen. It is okay to fight weaklings and off-screen, LOS killings but when it comes to big hit or constant damage. I die extremely fast (-_-)

Is the LL ES version has the same weak point ? and I'm also worried about its twin core or uber capabilities since I've never see anyone done it with Spark builds :|

Btw. is there a reason why you don't pick Vaal Pact for instant leech (since no regen from life anyway) and Nullification node (nice node with only 1 point invest) ? And also, why don't you pick "4% mana reserved" node from Leadership branch to benefit from 6% inc aura effect instead of the one from Influence branch? Since they both cost 2 points?

I don't think Spark builds in general are good for maps like Core or Uber Atziri. Sure the Voltaxic makes reflect not an issue but single target dps isn't as great as other builds. Low Life vs Life based on the other hand is a bit of a toss up. I have watched both Zizaran and Ziggys Life based version and they get roughly the same damage and have the benefit of life. I rarely get hit in maps unless I make a mistake with positioning, the damage is insanely good and off screens most things. Been doing twinned T9 and T10's with extra life and a single vaal spark kills the bosses while I take no damage. Even twinned gorge bosses aren't too hard. Map RNG has been a pain for me so far this league. I got to T9 maps fast but I have yet to see a T12+ map.

As for Vaal Pact, I have a slight amount of regen in tree(1%) plus I use the Zealots oath flask (Sorrow of the Divine) which gives Consecrated ground which is life regen when you are standing on it. I found this combined with the non vaal pact life leech to be fairly nice but you are welcome to give Vaal pact a try if you want to see how it performs. I may give it a try at some point as well.

As for the aura nodes: I literally just grabbed the reduced mana from the clusters and with the current amount of reduced mana reserved I can run a high level clarity and discipline on life and a Wrath, Herald of thunder, and arctic armour on mana.

I am currently theorycrafting the possibility of getting the growth and decay nodes for regen/damage over time as I use the Zealot's Oath flask. I have also been debating taking the ZO node in the tree and some more life regen near it.

Thank you all for the interest int he build as it keeps me testing and updating the build :)
"

As for the aura nodes: I literally just grabbed the reduced mana from the clusters and with the current amount of reduced mana reserved I can run a high level clarity and discipline on life and a Wrath, Herald of thunder, and arctic armour on mana.

)

Looking at that choice, it looks like the tradeoff to going with the stuff down near leadership is missing 10 int and getting more aura effect instead, which seems pretty good to me. Very minor but seems worth considering. I can kinda fit arctic armor in without either node, but can't spam spark as effectively.

Anyway, I just hit 70 with the build and really like it so far! Haven't played low life before so that took some getting used to, and I still haven't done cruel lab yet. Have you managed to finish your ascendancy stuff yet? Did you have to go back to a life build for it?
"
Saerah wrote:
OP can u share some higher tier mapping youtubes?

thanks.

Sorry I missed you comment, I have a couple of new videos in T8-T9 maps that I will upload! One is no-regen.
"
scrllock wrote:
"

)

Looking at that choice, it looks like the tradeoff to going with the stuff down near leadership is missing 10 int and getting more aura effect instead, which seems pretty good to me. Very minor but seems worth considering. I can kinda fit arctic armor in without either node, but can't spam spark as effectively.

Anyway, I just hit 70 with the build and really like it so far! Haven't played low life before so that took some getting used to, and I still haven't done cruel lab yet. Have you managed to finish your ascendancy stuff yet? Did you have to go back to a life build for it?

I am to the point this league where I have run out of builds I want to start. I have a real bad tendency to start lots of new characters and buy all the gear for them. Now that I have passed that point I am sitting on about 5ex + tons of random currency so I will probably be re-evaluating some of the choices I have made in the passive tree.

As far as the Labyrinth is concerned I did Normal Lab as Hybrid while leveling and went back to cruel and merc after full lowlife switch. The trick was that I had 1% life regeneration in the tree and used the Sorrow of the Divine Sulphur Flask for some "oh shit" flask in case I triggered a trap wrong. The fight isn't terribly difficult as long as you manage flasks well and use flame dash + blink arrow to kite Izaro. Its very stressful at times but it actually felt easier than life based to me for some reason. I took Deadeye first but it might be better to take Berserker for leech or Occultist if you are looking into the Zealot's Oath tree(In theorycraft section in the main guide). Feel free to add me in game if you'd like, @visionoverload should work as I have a character named that :) Glad you are enjoying the build, it has been the most fun build I have played this league and possibly of all time.
"
Glad you are enjoying the build, it has been the most fun build I have played this league and possibly of all time.

Just hit 80 and have been trying out vaal pact. Seems ok, but when I'm really benefiting from it, I don't need it. Having the Zealot's Oath on demand is definitely handy, though now that I cleared merc lab I don't find it quite as useful.

Definitely wouldn't plan on *farming* lab with this character, though I did one-shot it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info