[2.3 Occ] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!

"
Castellani wrote:
Hi KuteKitteh, thanks for this awesome build; I am at level 82 now and running T10 maps it has been a blast so far, best build I have done to date.

The only thing is I feel like my single target DPS is kind of low. Sadly enough, I am fine in T10 maps because I have the room to move around and kill bosses but I still struggle with Atziri as it takes a long time to kill her (although you could blame that on my lack of skill on avoiding her attacks) as I don't have as much room to move around. Also Lightning warp is very slow in comparison to Whirling blades.

I am sitting at 10k ES right now, I am willing to sacrifice a bit if there is a way I can gear towards a bit more towards damage either through passives or gear. Let me know please? Thank you!
Spoiler

Tree

I had the same problem with boss. Even with the frost wall, most of EA just pass by that, which makes long times to kill Atziri. And it makes difficult to kill Atziri like the video in the post. I'm just curious whether the frost wall big is fixed or just my skill is bad.
Anyway I solved this problem by swapping my gem before the boss like atziri. I removed one green socket, which means faster attack, and use a blue socket. When clearing I use increased AOE, and before the boss I use concentrated effect & slower projectile instead of GMP. And also I changed my EA with 21 level corrupted one to increases the single DPS. It boosts the single DPS a lot (with increased ignite damage, it feels like x2~3), and makes frost wall independent. It's a little annoying to swap gem, but better than killing it for a long time. I'd like to know if there is any other solution.

For lightning warp delay, you should use less duration to evade something. Though it isn't fast like whirling blade, it makes evading flameblast possible. Or just use 2~ quicksilver to evade that.
ign:YeobaeK
Last edited by oraclea on Apr 18, 2016, 11:14:49 AM
@blueghost, Quill Rain is BIS for DPS on this build. A +2/+1's only advantage is the much lower mana drain.
Frankly, I'm too lazy to have a double EA setup, and I'm also short on gem links to do that.
If you're struggling with accuracy, get it on your rings. Check my rings out, I have very high accuracy rolls on them.

@TXFlood, the regen tanking is a core part of the build. It cannot be done on any class other than occ. Believe me, it's hilarious to be able to outright AFK some bosses, and it's only because of the regen tank that the build has so much survivability.

@oraclea, Vile Bastion is a very powerful tool for moments when the regen isn't going to kick in right away (e.g. immediately diving into a pack of mobs or opening a strongbox). If you're focused on clear, then malediction is definitely stronger, but if you're focused on survivability like me, Vile Bastion is stronger. Personal preference, really.

@Castellani, the damage is all in the EA gem level. Your tree/setup is fine. Also, use terrain and Frost Wall (as buggy as it is) to your advantage.
You can also swap out your CtI and GMP for Slower Projectiles and Concentrated Effect for single-target. That should really help.
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
I would highly suggest trying a +3 bow in the offhand for single target, it's really helpful when you cannot get the wall shotgun to work. Using a quality EA gem you can get really high ignite chance.

Plus only the 1st arrow needs to be from your offhand bow so you can just go pew switch pew pew pew pew.

I'm using:
20/20 EA,
Chance to Ignite
Fire Pen,
Concentrated Effect.

It's making mobile bosses much easier.
Hi, Kutekitteh
I leveled this build on 97 before I started 2week race. Almost getting min-maxed most of the gear, my character have reached 14k+ ES with running arctic armour.
I also killed twinned colosseum boss, and one corrupted core boss on lvling. Though I died some times on core boss beacuse I just reacted lately against freezing tantacles, it works fine except the mana problem and no leech problem against the excavation or core boss.
So I'm thinking about respecting 7 nods on the zealot's oath, and getting vaal pact+ghost reaver+Whispers of doom nods with CoH+chain+frenzy+GMP+flammability+Warload's mark on the 6L chest. Vile bastion still works with vaal pact and i think it can make this build facetank against excavation or core boss without mana problem. And also warload's mark leeches mana with insane EA damage.
Moreover it'll become more stable against the ele reflect rare mobs or ele reflection maps, like reflection golem or bladeback guardian invasion boss. I died once for 14K+ reflection dmg on 5 fused rare golem (4 empower+3frenzy+overload+21lvl EA...)
I'll test it after the race and post on here.
//
I have tested it, and found out that using warlord's mark is very nice for clearing mobs.
After using that, I never drink mana portions and die on reflection when I'm clearing any mobs even in the full-party except the map bosses. As the effect of the curse is just 40% for the map bosses, I cannot leech enough life and mana to use 5 fuse explosive arrow on them. So 1 mana flask is still required on the boss fighting. But I think it's worth, and we can also get the Malediction which gives 1 additional curse on 2.3.0 additionally, only need Vaal Pact node for reducing the danger of the reflection.
ign:YeobaeK
Last edited by oraclea on May 27, 2016, 10:33:45 PM
Really nice build, trying it now on current league. Just have an idea to run discipline, clarity and herald of ice on chest + curse on hit and tripple curse (+ amulet curse and ascendancy tree). Any thoughts about that ?
IGN: TasKitas
will there be a 2.3 update? really love the build!
Going to play this build again, in case it isn't updated I just want to state some newly relevant tips for people who haven't tried it yet.

• Skill-tree for leveling and for end-game will be nearly identical in 2.3

• Flameblast is an obvious leveling choice, ideally speaking, use a Tabula. If not, buy a cheap 5-link or get yourself an amplification wand and use firestorm instead.

• Transfer to the real build late, less struggle, the leveling skill-tree actually makes you a very competent hybrid defense fire spellcaster.

• When you get your seventh and eighth ascendancy points find a way to alter your build to utilize the free extra curse, it's too powerful to ignore. There's a lot of combos that accomplish this, probably no best way, user preference.
Last edited by Excellency on Jun 9, 2016, 11:51:41 PM
Sorry guys, I've permanently moved on to running melee builds in hardcore. It was nice being a spellcaster/witch for two years, but over the course of several years, melee has seen too many improvements for me to pass on. I'm at a point where I'd take a melee build over caster any day.

This build won't be 'updated' for 2.3 per say, but it's pretty much identical in everything except for the extra curse effect. I will change the main post to reflect that.
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
In the 107 point core tree you can drop the int node above Unnatural Calm and instead take the extra %ES node below UC.
Hey Kitteh, thanks for this awesome build!

I leveled with cold snap until level 12, then switched to ice nova, and got the EA right away at lvl 28!

With some support gems and early taken aoe damage nodes, I didn't have any problems at all. (My bow is 5L)

Now I'm lvl 80 and I have insane clear speed with somewhat weak single target DPS. Uber Izaro fight lasted like 3-4 minutes since that guy almost never stands still. (Yet I disconnected while Izaro was about 1% HP and could not get the last ascendancy. I'll try again tomorrow for the sake of my nerves.) I have no idea if tis is a normal killing speed for him or not though.

Sorry for hearing that you will no longer continue on this build, but still I got one question about the build.

I have +397 to acc rating on one ring and that's all accuracy I get. (I sacrificed the other ring for Dream Fragments after a nemesis-modded rogue exile freeze-locked me) Resulting in 82% chance to hit at level 80.

This seems low to me, but is this accuracy rating ok for the build, or should I sacrifice Eye of Chayula to get a rare amulet with some flat accuracy and ES & ES% on it?

I have about 9.7K ES with Discipline. And Here's my passive tree if you wanna look at it to see if I'm doing something wrong.

Passive Tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAMeA3UEBw18ES8RUBVQFX4V1xhdGmwbJRzcHdkfAh9BIbAi9Cj6Ko0rCiy_LpQyNDLRNPc1uTbFNtg8BTzvPV9DVEVHRZ1JG0mxS65Ms1BCUlNTNVNSVEdWSFZjV8lYd13yXwRfKmjybAttGXRVfEt88H_GgpuGrodliEKMNo8akQeRK5J0kyeWdJeFl5WX9Jitmjua4J2unsSf36Evpr6nCKcrrJit8a-3tUi4k7v8vorAZsHFxvfXz9gk2Vva3d-K6QLrY-vk6-7sGOxV73zviPFs9HH3wfk3?accountName=Camelbox&characterName=YildizTilbe

I'm thinking of grabbing Snowforged and then heading to Shadow's elemental damage nodes on the way to 90.

Since I'm a damage-hungry person I'm also thinking of having elemental weakness as my second curse in addition to flammability, but I don't know if I can survive high tier maps like that. We'll try and see.

Anyway, thanks in advance for your answer, and thanks again for this nice build!
IGN: Nyctasa > Essence league.
Last edited by Camelbox on Aug 5, 2016, 10:46:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info