GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

So this is my current gear. What should I improve next? 20/21 Ed is a huge boost? I can run uber lab.But im afraid of guardians/shaper.
4,3k hp, 3,6k unreserved mana,res capped

Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Yethike/characters
Last edited by Yethike on Aug 19, 2017, 7:06:22 PM
Okey.... so time for another big wall of text.. >.<

"
krnyyy wrote:
Hi Ghazzy, great guide. I played this as a starter build but I keep upgrading it, killed Shaper twice yesterday for the first time ! Even dropped a flask ahah :)

My gear :

EDIT : And vulnerability + blight gloves really give a huge DPS boost in single-target. Don't have numbers but it feels really good.

Hey,

Awesome to hear bro, gratulations!

"
Yethike wrote:
"
"

Hey,

Make your profile public so I can check and I will gladly check what you could upgrade :)
The numbers sounds solid, bit low on the Life side i guess but that depends on gearing and your current lvl.

I did it:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Yethike/characters

Hey,

I could recommend dropping the lvls of CWDT to lvl 3 (IC LvL 6 i think?).
Your right ring lacks life rolls, the left ring has a bit low life rolls.
Boots also has a rather low life count.

Besides the above obvious statements it looks very solid to me, like really solid :)

"
volosi_nazad wrote:
Hey guys, just to make thing clear, are we using Immortal call only for base time? Cause i cant see way to get endurance charges.

That is correct, it is for base time to remove insta-deaths by Bone Husks and/or Porcupines :)

"
BlackPie wrote:
May I know why quite a few have mentioned taking Method to the Madness, but no one has mentioned about the spell damage nodes at the witch starting area?

To get to Method to the Madness, you need to waste points on the stat nodes that connect to the cluster, and you get 54% chaos damage for 7 points (~7.7% chaos damage per point). However if you take the spell damage nodes instead, you get 58% spell damage for 5 points (~11.6% spell damage per point).

So isn't going the spell damage route better? Since I believe spell damage and chaos damage both scale ED's DOT equally as much.

+111111111111111111
Very much correct.

"
Windfuriouss wrote:
So, the Allelopathy gloves that grant level 22 blight skill. Does that cast for you or no? I just noticed it added it to my skill bar. Have I not been using it all this time lol.

Afraid you'll have to use it manually!

"
1612 wrote:
hi, im doing your build and really enjoy it so far!

I have two question, what the hp/mana ratio should be with clock of defiance? I have 51k health and 4121mana(2678 with one curse). If I use grand specturum, i will have 5k mana and 3.3k unreserved. Is grand spectrum needed? will i have too many mana with it?

I have a ring slot that allow me to wear a unique ring, do you think Praxis will be better or the dream fragment?

here is the link to my champ https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/1612/characters

Thanks!

Hey,

Awesome!

1) This is where you'll either manually calculate your required unreserved mana or use the MoM calculator. In your case with CoD you have 40% MoM which means you need 66% of your life as unreserved mana, on 5.1k life thats => 3366 unreserved mana to fully sustain the full mitigating effect you get from 40% MoM :)

2) I would much rather suggest a rare ring with proper stats over any unique ring imo.

"
Paranoiac wrote:
What are you're thoughts on running two curses? I'm running vuln temporal right now but the skill investment is pretty high, missing some health and mana but im on softcore.

Generally, tweaking the build to open up for 2 curses is recommended for clear speed reasons. (1 defensive (enfeeble or TC) and 1 offensive; Vulnerability via Witchfire Brew flask).

"
Hey Ghazzy (And all the other ED/contagion guys)
Loving the build and currently clearing T14/15 maps and Uber lab really fast. Have not tried any of the guardians/Uber atziri/shaper yet.

This is my current setup where i switch vuln/enfeeble depending on map mods or bosses https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/PercyTheMightyMidget/characters?characterName=<Bigsmalllargeguymanboy>

Always looking for tips on how to improve and modify my build. So if you have any throw it at me!

Awesome bro, thank you! :)
Well, a CoD or other chest piece will be better than the Tabula, though you'll lose a small bit of damage for it.

The helmet only grants you movement speed tbh so other choices will be better, however, if you don't feel like changing it, which is understandable, you really don't need to considering what content you're already clearing.

Besides that it would only be to up the numeric values of the rolls on the other pieces :P

"
evilsin wrote:
Loving this build, thx for the guide!

My pleasure, glad you all like it so much!

"
FuriousT1 wrote:
Hi!

Many thanks for this build. I'm clearing red maps very fast with cheap gear, and I'm going to make this even better. One question though (sorry if it's already here, couldn't find it):

I bought the Witchfire Brew, how should I get dual curse? I use enfeeble with blasphemy as well.

I guess my options are to pick Whispers of Doom from the tree or get Doedre's Damning.

This is my current gear:
Spoiler

I'm planning to buy Cloak of Defiance soon after I have enough currency to 6-link it.

Thanks in advance!

- FT

My pleasure! :)

Both options work great, I personally prefer to tweak the tree for Whispers of Doom.

"
bwang9923 wrote:
Hey Ghazzy, great build. I was wondering how you felt about using 2 of the new blight jewels with the blight gloves and running contagion, increased aoe, arcane surge and cast when channeling? It allows me to get the hinder for the damage buff from the blight jewels and contagion with one button.

Solid options, though I would have to test it out myself before I can comment on it further.

"
gh7assr wrote:
What gear should i use...? xd

Is it not displayed properly in the guide? :P

"
thiefz99 wrote:
Hey, do you think that a skin of the loyal might be a better option than a cloak? I just see that it doesn't give us any life or attack power and wonder if it's the BIS for this build.

Thanks,

Toland

For softcore, absolutely, for hardcore though it would depend on how tanky you feel when you play and come down to a matter of personal taste.

"
Ngzpro wrote:
Hello Everyone

Generally new to POE, first season played currently. I have been following the gear guide, while trying to stay resit capped. I am currently able to clear T11-12 maps with ease, but bosses seem to take time. I was wondering what I could do differently if anything with my gear...

Also I just purchased
which activates the blight spell. Should I be using this totem now? or still using my wither totem?

Here is my gear below ( first time linking gear so dont know if it will all show up) please let me know what I can change or upgrade, I want to start pushing higher tier maps.

Bosses are a bit of a pain generally. The 3 things to mention for you would be these:

1) Stat wise on your gear can "always" be higher

2) You shouldn't have spell totem in your gloves as your blight gets spell totem supported. You should follow the instructions in the guide regarding the gloves! :)

3) You could tweak the skilltree slightly to get the "Whispers of Doom" node above the witch starter area to get 2 curses and use Witchfire Brew flask for Vulnerability curse on top of your blasphemy, this helps damage output a lot.

"
Marchosiae wrote:
What's the best level for the arcane surge gem?

I would recommend it to be enough to proc on each cast as you are not consistently casting Contagion all the time, though it comes down to a matter of personal taste tbh.

"
mchang wrote:
Thanks for this build it's really fun playing it! I just 6linked the cloak and don't know what i should upgrade next. Should i opt out of MoM? Should i get empower lev3 instead of pierce?

My current gear:

4.7k Life
1.2k Es
3.7k Mana (1.5k Reserved)
Resistances: Fire 84%, Cold 85%, Lightning 77%, Chaos -33%

Playing on hardcore btw, if that makes any difference.

Get Grand Spectrum jewels to get much higher unreserved mana to sustain the eHP gained from MoM effect.
You need the mana nodes behind MoM to get the much needed mana.

The 6th support gem is in order of efficiency:
Empower lvl 3+ > Poison (single target) > Pierce/Chain/Fork/LMP/GMP (these are only increasing the QoL of the build to what ever makes you feel most comfortable in playing with, though I'd recommend Poison till you get Empower personally).

"
oedipat wrote:
Did someone test the Damage on full life Gem? Would that be bigger damage boost than Empower? With the crazy regen i am 80%-100% of the time on full life, so there will be no big downside.

The guys that use Blight: do you also use the blight-jewels? The investment of 5 Jewels is not that easy for that build, but the dmg boost is epic for single target right? because it boosts blight AND ED.

So much things to test. i need to 6-link my cloak.

I've been unable to test it, yet.
However, damage on full life is nice yet unreliable in situations where you really need tons of damage which makes me not recommend it.

Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
I am very impressed with this build. I respec'd and old Shadow and it seems to just melt enemies. At first I didn't get how it worked but then realized how to spread the damage with contagion. Good stuff :)
Last edited by BenN1ce on Aug 19, 2017, 9:08:18 PM
40% increased Essence Drain Damage enhancement on helmet and empower are probably the best ways to improve damage of this spell right? I'm doing everything now to increase it, bought myself a ring and amulet with % chaos damage, now collecting currency for helmet. Right now it's ~35k dps, with charges 50k, but there's also Blight and spreading rot, so overall DPS is way higher.

Btw. I love doing bosses with this build, sure it takes some time but you guys have to remember one thing: you're completly safe. You have solid layers of defence and you can easily focus on dodging attacks while your dots are melting the boss.
Last edited by azaanis on Aug 20, 2017, 4:06:51 AM
How does ED's DOT work? is the damage solely based off the initial hit or can it be affected halfway through? Meaning if I hit a boss with ED and THEN go near the boss to proc vulnerability from witchfire brew, does the DOT increase from the vulnerability or do I have to hit the boss with ED again for the added damage from vulnerability to take effect?
Hello, just one Question...

I see everyone with the "Breath of the Council"; isnt a Dagger with Essence of Delirium the better Choice?
Hi, is this build noob friendly?

And what would be the ''rotation'' of skills?
Hi, first of all thanks for this awesome guide. Created a character and just hit 80 and did uber lab like it was a joke.

Very positive feelings about this build and it's my first time running a dot-build.

I'd appreciate if a more experienced player would take a look at my character and point me in the right direction on what to work on next. Thanks everyone for contributing to this discussion.

Spoiler
Is cherrubim worth for this build or better stay with cloak?
"
BenN1ce wrote:
I am very impressed with this build. I respec'd and old Shadow and it seems to just melt enemies. At first I didn't get how it worked but then realized how to spread the damage with contagion. Good stuff :)

Glad you like it bro :)

"
azaanis wrote:
40% increased Essence Drain Damage enhancement on helmet and empower are probably the best ways to improve damage of this spell right? I'm doing everything now to increase it, bought myself a ring and amulet with % chaos damage, now collecting currency for helmet. Right now it's ~35k dps, with charges 50k, but there's also Blight and spreading rot, so overall DPS is way higher.

Btw. I love doing bosses with this build, sure it takes some time but you guys have to remember one thing: you're completly safe. You have solid layers of defence and you can easily focus on dodging attacks while your dots are melting the boss.

Aye those are insane for the build :)
Glad you like it :D

"
BlackPie wrote:
How does ED's DOT work? is the damage solely based off the initial hit or can it be affected halfway through? Meaning if I hit a boss with ED and THEN go near the boss to proc vulnerability from witchfire brew, does the DOT increase from the vulnerability or do I have to hit the boss with ED again for the added damage from vulnerability to take effect?

The DoT is no longer based of the projectile hit like it used to. Instead it is a second damage "ailment" which is affected by it's own modifiers. And if you hit an enemy with ED and then move in range with Vulnerability it should increase the damage being done. Though it is a very VERY good question as I know GGG has stated that ailments are unaffected by external reductions like if you have been hit by a bleed effect then increase your armour afterwards it won't reduce the bleed damage. So the answer to your question is that I don't know, it "should" work but it seems according to previous statements that you would deal more damage by reapplying it. On the other hand, it won't cost you any DPS to reapply with the curse in range, so might as well right? :)

"
Hello, just one Question...

I see everyone with the "Breath of the Council"; isnt a Dagger with Essence of Delirium the better Choice?

Hey,

Essence of Delirium (Decay) only grants you increased single target DPS, the BotC grants faster clear speed and about the same (slightly less) single target increase :)

"
LinkRyu wrote:
Hi, is this build noob friendly?

And what would be the ''rotation'' of skills?

Hey,

This is a very noob friendly starter build, absolutely :)

Rotation:
Contagion > ED > Shield Charge

"
Maggobro wrote:
Hi, first of all thanks for this awesome guide. Created a character and just hit 80 and did uber lab like it was a joke.

Very positive feelings about this build and it's my first time running a dot-build.

I'd appreciate if a more experienced player would take a look at my character and point me in the right direction on what to work on next. Thanks everyone for contributing to this discussion.

Spoiler

Looks sexy AF to me!
Pierce can be changed for Empower lvl 3+ or Poison for increased single target boss killing speed.

Besides that it would only be to increase the numeric values of all the stats on the rare items :)

"
Rachdingue wrote:
Is cherrubim worth for this build or better stay with cloak?

Cherrubim is horrible to color and will require a lot of currency to get going but would absolutely be insane for increased damage and I would only recommend it for softcore players. Cloak is the better version for Hardcore survival, but then again, with lower budget you can use a Tabula Rasa and call it a day :)
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info