GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

So this is my current gear when starting mapping.

I have a question, is it worth getting a 6-linked cane of unraveling and then buying like 4-socket hyrris ire? Or should i just keep going with the tabula? i feel as though Escape Artist is a little wasted without the evasion rating on chest.

Also, in my devouring diadem i am currently running discipline, malevolence, enlighten(lvl3) and zealotry. What gem setup would you recommend?
Last edited by xPooty on Jan 17, 2020, 9:33:42 AM
"
xPooty wrote:

So this is my current gear when starting mapping.

I have a question, is it worth getting a 6-linked cane of unraveling and then buying like 4-socket hyrris ire? Or should i just keep going with the tabula? i feel as though Escape Artist is a little wasted without the evasion rating on chest.

Also, in my devouring diadem i am currently running discipline, malevolence, enlighten(lvl3) and zealotry. What gem setup would you recommend?

With your current gear, buying a 6l cane of unravelling (60c),a level 21 ED gem (20c) and a level3 empower (15c), you will almost triple your damage output.
Stop using blight totems and use wither instead. They stack faster, and you can replace the spreading rot jewel by an actual stat jewel. After that, you should look at buying hyrri's ire and an ED bow indeed.
Also, matatl's or generic attack dodge boots goes a very long way. Onslaught on your abyssal jewel would also be a massive speed upgrade.

Not sure wtf I'm doing on this thread to be honest. It's awfully incomplete for today's standards and used to rely on the video guide, but now that it got hacked... Idk. We love you ghazzy, wouldn't mind a clearer thread for beginners ^^'
Thanks a lot for the help, now I have something to aim for.
hi, really liking the build so far.

Im lvl 77 and is there a way to use just 1 skill to clear the map because im just killing low health mobs in small groups.

Im using only 6l Bane right now and would like to know what gems are good for that kind of "strategy".

at the boss do you just spam ed or s 1 ed cast enough?
Last edited by axt7effekt on Jan 22, 2020, 8:02:50 PM
Thinking of starting with this build next league. How is this vs the new tanky end game bosses?
"
xaeror35 wrote:
Thinking of starting with this build next league. How is this vs the new tanky end game bosses?

Same question here.

I think of Scourge Arrow or ED next league.
The thing is with Scourge Arrow I was able to clear all content in Metamorph, A8 Sirus etc no problems and that made me realise how important it is to push end game bosses etc. It was a very lucrative league for me.

I played ED Contagion during Legion, 90% of my playtime was low level Monolith farming. But I can remember that I already started to struggle at yellow/red, especially with bosses.

How is ED Contagion/Bane in terms of league starter into end game these days? Do you guys use it just to start and farm and then start a different char in late endgame? Or can I also complete my entire atlas with it without investing everything i have into it?

Cheers and have a nice day
"
xaeror35 wrote:

This build is pretty survivable and able to do all content. I'm a pretty bad player and had no real problems.
Hey people,

this thread seems a little inactive.
Can someone direct me to some other guides / other modern/popular takes on Essence Drain? Wanna start next league with it....

Cheers! have a good day
"
markuskanada wrote:
Hey people,

Can someone direct me to some other guides / other modern/popular takes on Essence Drain? Wanna start next league with it....

Cheers! have a good day

It's inactive as 99% of all other guides atm as the league is about to die and most people are not playing PoE atm, we're all waiting for 3.10 :)

Another factor is that myself & many other veterans in my community are helping everyone in my discord on a daily basis, swing by if you need any direct assistance! <3
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
"
Ghazzy wrote:
"
markuskanada wrote:
Hey people,

Cheers! have a good day

It's inactive as 99% of all other guides atm as the league is about to die and most people are not playing PoE atm, we're all waiting for 3.10 :)

Another factor is that myself & many other veterans in my community are helping everyone in my discord on a daily basis, swing by if you need any direct assistance! <3

TY Ghazzy :)

Good to know!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info