GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
bluu_94 wrote:
How about a 6link bane and a 4link ED , since we are not using cont now?

Been using two six links to t-16.
"
Jedijax wrote:
"
bluu_94 wrote:

Anyone have a guide for what that Bane tree would look like? Or clarification on the 6link bane and a 4link ED or two six links?

New to spell casting, and ED Contagion seemed like a good change of pace from melee. While it clears fine the multiple casts per action and the concerns I heard about low single target damage (bosses) have me looking at this again. Does bane make bossing easier?
"
Crunch_c0 wrote:
"
Jedijax wrote:
"
bluu_94 wrote:

Anyone have a guide for what that Bane tree would look like? Or clarification on the 6link bane and a 4link ED or two six links?

New to spell casting, and ED Contagion seemed like a good change of pace from melee. While it clears fine the multiple casts per action and the concerns I heard about low single target damage (bosses) have me looking at this again. Does bane make bossing easier?

I'm using the exact same tree you can see here. I don't do any modifications. If you watched the videoguide, the author makes it clear Bane/Essence Drain are the main skills, and in the in-depth guide he explains Bane is overall better than Contagion, especially for newbies. For Bane I added void manipulation, swift affliction and empower, not because I know anything about this, but following suit of the Essence Drain six-link, and after going through several forum pages looking at gear and sets of people who say they went Shaper/Uber Elder with similar configs. You can also try enfeeble/temporal chains instead of empower. Finally, I don't know if Bane makes bossing easier, because I have only used Bane, but hopefully you can tell us if you try it and can notice a difference.
Last edited by Jedijax on Sep 11, 2019, 1:33:58 AM
I played this build in many leagues, it is super fun, you cant to much wrong with ED + Contagion.

My question is, witch blight amulet anointment is best or most desirable?

I only see useful skillnodes close to witch and shadow. But somehow i dislike the idea to take skillnodes close to the area i am already using. I would really like to take a node from the other side of the passivtree. Cant find something mayor impact full.

"Whispers of Doom" seems useful but i would only save 4 skillpoints. And it would cost a lot of oils to take.
"
Br4kkus wrote:
I played this build in many leagues, it is super fun, you cant to much wrong with ED + Contagion.

My question is, witch blight amulet anointment is best or most desirable?

I only see useful skillnodes close to witch and shadow. But somehow i dislike the idea to take skillnodes close to the area i am already using. I would really like to take a node from the other side of the passivtree. Cant find something mayor impact full.

"Whispers of Doom" seems useful but i would only save 4 skillpoints. And it would cost a lot of oils to take.

Soul of Steel would be my choice.
I see Chaos Damage is listed above Spell Damage in the guide. After spending some time learning PoB tonight, it looks like they both give the same amount of ED damage.

So I've been switching between the two bench crafts in PoB to find any differences. Even when numbers change, they still add up to be the same.

So my question: Is there a difference between 41% Spell Damage and 41% Chaos Damage? The spell damage craft has a higher number, so I would think I should use that at least until I find a higher Chaos Damage roll.

If anyone knows for sure, or if you can tell me which number I should look at to determine what's best, I'd greatly appreciate it :)
Last edited by elhigg86 on Sep 11, 2019, 11:12:42 PM
"
elhigg86 wrote:
I see Chaos Damage is listed above Spell Damage in the guide. After spending some time learning PoB tonight, it looks like they both give the same amount of ED damage.

So I've been switching between the two bench crafts in PoB to find any differences. Even when numbers change, they still add up to be the same.

So my question: Is there a difference between 41% Spell Damage and 41% Chaos Damage? The spell damage craft has a higher number, so I would think I should use that at least until I find a higher Chaos Damage roll.

If anyone knows for sure, or if you can tell me which number I should look at to determine what's best, I'd greatly appreciate it :)

To my recollection, this build doesn't utilize any non-spell sources of damage, and since all of our core damage is chaos damage (and since modifiers to spell damage also apply to the DOT from these gems), modifiers for spell damage versus chaos damage should have the same overall impact on DPS. An exception would be if you were using a jewel or anything else that adds non-chaos damage to spells; in that case, increased spell damage would be slightly better than increased chaos damage.

Given that increased spell damage is generally more easily available than increased chaos damage, I would think it'd be better to look for spell damage modifiers. Then again, I would also think that CDOT multiplier would generally be more powerful than either of those, so I'm sure Ghazzy's recommendations are well-reasoned beyond what I can theorize.
Last edited by WorderMostFoul on Sep 13, 2019, 3:24:11 PM
"
Crunch_c0 wrote:
"
Jedijax wrote:
"
bluu_94 wrote:

I'm using the exact same tree you can see here. I don't do any modifications. If you watched the videoguide, the author makes it clear Bane/Essence Drain are the main skills, and in the in-depth guide he explains Bane is overall better than Contagion, especially for newbies. For Bane I added void manipulation, swift affliction and empower, not because I know anything about this, but following suit of the Essence Drain six-link, and after going through several forum pages looking at gear and sets of people who say they went Shaper/Uber Elder with similar configs. You can also try enfeeble/temporal chains instead of empower. Finally, I don't know if Bane makes bossing easier, because I have only used Bane, but hopefully you can tell us if you try it and can notice a difference.

Bane does make bossing easier, but it requires a second 6-link. With the new mods you can get 2 one handed weapons that give +2 to chaos gems each, bringing your ED up by an extra 4 levels. If you are rich enough to afford a corrupted 6link chest with "+1 to gem levels" that's an extra +2 levels thanks to empower.

A 6-link bane is only 200k damage according to PoB, and 4 levels onto your ED will get slightly more than that.

Now you could put your bane on a 4link, but I personally didn't like that, with Inc.AoE+Intensify the damage isn't enough to clear rares and some magic mobs in red maps, but with damage gems it's aoe is even worse than contagion. Not to mention, in maps the mob density is enough to make contagion jump 2-3 packs almost always.

During leveling, bane should be better though, as density is much lower so contagion+ed feels clunky.

I also skipped CWDT setup since I didn't feel like I need it, instead I use a bane to apply curse to bosses and it is working in tier13 maps, even though my ED is on a 5 link and my wands have only +1 to chaos spells instead of +2, if you get a 6link and two +2 chaos wands your damage will definitely be high enough for bosses.
Last league, I was running 3 six links. Chest, primary +3 bow, and as a secondary weapon a 6L cane of unraveling. I ran a single target setup for high DPS in the primary weapon, and a large AOE variant on the secondary weapon set, with a 6 link Bane in the chest at all times.

A 6L bane is more than capable of killing anything rare or less.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Hey folks.

Tried bane & soulrend build this league and it feels kinda nice. I especially like league mechanic and try to concentrate on blighted maps.

I feel that for blight's survivability is not so important comparing to damage (at least I do not have any problems with surviving on yellow maps) so I decided to more dps nodes, + 1 curse and hex master to boost bane.

I am using 6l soulrend/bane (depend from map density) and rest into 4l + 4l bane.

Plan to run with both bane and soulrend 6-linked.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info