GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
markospk wrote:

What you mean with LVL 28 ED? now im confused...badly :P

My venture to guess:
ED is normally 20 maxed out.
Get a corrupted one level 21.
I paid ~45C for mine. If you want 21 + quality 20, it's 1.2 exa...
Then you get Empower Level 4 Corrupted. I paid 3 exa for mine (watch out for scammers. They cancel trade, change the price, then try to give you a different gem). Anyway, this gives +3 to ED.
Now you have ED = 21 + 3 = 24.
Then you get a multi-modded bow that gives +1 to socketed gems. They start at 3 exa.
Now ED is 22, Empower is level 5, it then provides +4, which brings ED to 22+4 = 26.
Now where we get to 28 I don't know. Please help us out:)
EDIT: Ah, there's a multi-mod craft +2 to level of socketed support gems. That brings Empower to level 7, which provides +6 to ED, and now ED is at level 21 + 1 + 6 = 28. Wow. I did not even know this was possible until now. That bow is 6 exa + ...

Last edited by Valolrak on Jul 19, 2019, 7:05:20 PM
"
Valolrak wrote:
"
markospk wrote:

My venture to guess:
ED is normally 20 maxed out.
Get a corrupted one level 21.
I paid ~45C for mine. If you want 21 + quality 20, it's 1.2 exa...
Then you get Empower Level 4 Corrupted. I paid 3 exa for mine (watch out for scammers. They cancel trade, change the price, then try to give you a different gem). Anyway, this gives +3 to ED.
Now you have ED = 21 + 3 = 24.
Then you get a multi-modded bow that gives +1 to socketed gems. They start at 3 exa.
Now ED is 22, Empower is level 5, it then provides +4, which brings ED to 22+4 = 26.
Now where we get to 28 I don't know. Please help us out:)
EDIT: Ah, there's a multi-mod craft +2 to level of socketed support gems. That brings Empower to level 6, which provides +6, and now ED is at level 28. Wow. I did not even know this was possible until now. That bow is 6 exa + ...

It's 28. 21ED +1 Bow + 6 from support = 28
Last edited by Sidad on Jul 20, 2019, 4:22:17 AM
wow 400 pages. Crazy.
The recommended gear seems to be some random stuff. Can someone make an organized recommended gear list?
"
markospk wrote:
"
Notorphious wrote:
"
markospk wrote:
Hi, nice build, my question is what can upragade first for more dmg? any tip and idea allways is welcome!

100% a Multimod Bow is better than anything. Aim for a level 28 ED. That is how you get high damage with this build above any other means.

As commented above, level 28 ED is done with a +3 bow, level 21 Essence Drain, and level 4 Empower support.
A +3 bow costs 4 ex 70ish chaos to craft with tip if you have a +1 base. There are reliable sources for this easy to search on these forums. You can use Porcupine cards and alt crafting for a base.

I am almost at 1M DoT dps with this setup.
Last edited by Notorphious on Jul 20, 2019, 4:28:05 AM
To repeat what I wrote, but accidentally deleted.
I made 2 exa since yesterday, and got a +1/+2 bow for 6exa. I considered crafting a base, but with my luck I would have spent so much crafting that I could no longer afford the bow...
Here's a nice video, if you choose crafting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90P9JBYH-Jo
This brought DoT DPS from 490k to 710k, so I have 300k-400k to go. I do not know how that is possible yet, will have to study your gear more carefully.

Last edited by Valolrak on Jul 20, 2019, 6:29:24 AM
"
TheChosenOne_ wrote:
Is this build squishy?

Complicated question. Some builds leech/LGOH/etc so well while in combat that they can just charge into packs/boss (with fortify) and be on the face until everything dies. We don't have that luxury, so we need to actually "play" the game.

I've done Uber Elder deathless and I'd say Chimera is harder fight. You need to keep your flasks up in critical situations and dodge stuff.

For example in Alva's incursions, if you run directly towards a pack, you might get shotgunned down by those chaos poison spitters. But it's very easy to run little bit perpendicular to them, cast Contagion, run half a second more, cast ED, take 0 damage since they all miss and continue running past them while they die.

"
Ruxxe wrote:
Any tips for going about getting a level 4 Empower? Right now the one I have is at level 3, but wondering if I should get a couple more to that level before corrupting them for the chance at a level 4. Or do I just YOLO vaal the one I have an hope for the best?

When you corrupt a gem, there's 1/8 change to get level up. You get one result from four options:

* Do nothing
* Level up/down gem
* Turn to Vaal version
* Get more/less quality

So you first get 1/4 chance to pick the "level" option and then 1/2 chance to get a level instead of losing a level. 1/4 * 1/2 = 1/8. So if you level up six gems in off slots (takes forever), you have 1-(7/8)^6 chance to hit at least one level 4 empower, which is 55%. Here's a chart, first number is "# of corrupted gems" and second on is "chance to hit at least one level 4 empower with corruption".

1 12,5%
2 23,4%
3 33,0%
4 41,4%
5 48,7%
6 55,1%
7 60,7%
8 65,6%
9 69,9%
10 73,7%
11 77,0%
12 79,9%
13 82,4%
14 84,6%
15 86,5%
16 88,2%
17 89,7%
18 91,0%
19 92,1%
20 93,1%
I finally made my bow and got a L4 empower(3ex). Shaper is just a lul fest as are red Elders. I got Uber Elder spawned and will get him later today. The fight is just mechanics and a 450K DOT will tear them down ez. Just Move a lot!

Squishy? Yes it can die instantly but I am not using MOM Eldrich. I used those points elsewhere with Intuitive leap.

I have had really fun with this guide and help from here has been really needed,so thanks!

I'm a bit confused about the setup in armour. I have 6 linked bow and 5 linked armour. ED setup is in bow and Contagion with boots,so how Blight setup supposed to be done? I have Perfect form with 3 green/ 3 blue sockets so putting a totem in that will mess it up a little bit,or does it? Self casting seems pretty dangerous for blight,for me.

Any ideas for Blight or some better single target dmg setup are welcome.

Thanks!
"
Cnfus wrote:
I have had really fun with this guide and help from here has been really needed,so thanks!

I'm a bit confused about the setup in armour. I have 6 linked bow and 5 linked armour. ED setup is in bow and Contagion with boots,so how Blight setup supposed to be done? I have Perfect form with 3 green/ 3 blue sockets so putting a totem in that will mess it up a little bit,or does it? Self casting seems pretty dangerous for blight,for me.

Any ideas for Blight or some better single target dmg setup are welcome.

Thanks!

Vaal blight
Efficacy
Infused Channelling
Controlled destruction
Swift affliction
Empower 4 /Void Manipulation

found this sick jewel

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info