GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Hello,

Thank you for putting effort in keeping your guides up to date.
I am thinking about trying this build for fun.
I am already 90lvl incinerate chieftain.

I am looking around for some Shadow builds and I am bit lost tbh.
There are a lot of ED builds. There are also something like Soulrends builds.
From what I get difference is that ED leechs life and Soulrend leech EnergyShield, right?
Can someone elaborate a little more about those two please?

Why in your topic name Soulrend is mentioned while it is nowhere in the build.
Do we change from ED to Soulrend when transition to MoM+ED is made?

Sorry if answers for my questions should be obvious, but I have no experience with ED, EB nor Soulrend.

Best Regards.
I really like this build, and it's a blast with the legion league mechanic! One question though:

I see the passive tree has Acrobatics as well as MoM and EB skilled. This sounds counterintuitive to me, I think you pick either MoM (+EB) or Acrobatics, don't you?
What's your take on this?
Give me a doubt if I'm using
im need to pick eldritch battery node ??
"
Randomiize wrote:
Give me a doubt if I'm using
im need to pick eldritch battery node ??

With that helmet you don't need the Eldritch Battery node.
"
Krisbit wrote:

Why in your topic name Soulrend is mentioned while it is nowhere in the build.
Do we change from ED to Soulrend when transition to MoM+ED is made?

Sorry if answers for my questions should be obvious, but I have no experience with ED, EB nor Soulrend.

Best Regards.

The Bane/Soulrend setup is pretty close to being identical. He details the different gems you want for the Bane setup vs the Contagion setup in the guide itself. For Soulrend, all the supports are the same as Essence Drain. The way I leveled this league was with Bane until I hit maps, then switched to ED/Contagion (the gems were in my weapon swap, so they leveled with me and were ready to use).Then once I crafted the bow I went back to Bane/Soulrend because I like it more. I went to MoM/EB once I had the Life and Mana for it (his guide has a calculator you can use to determine if your character is ready or not).

For an example of what and endgame Soulrend/Bane setup might look like, you can check out my character's gear/tree:

InTheAbsenceOvLight
Last edited by wrathchild619 on Jun 22, 2019, 6:43:00 PM
Hi all,

I am really liking the ED/Contagion playstyle. Currently at level 84 but my damage has seem to have fallen off greatly. I am still struggling with getting gear + my resistances. Got 1ex30c right now.

My ED DoT damage is about 72k. I think I should be up around 100-150 right now I'm guessing?

Could anyone look at my character (Jakky) to see where I've completely dropped the ball? Trying to learn...

Thanks and have a great rest of the weekend!
What changes would you make to the build with Devouring Diadem and Solstice Vigil? Thank you.

guess Im keeping this one. Already dropped almost 100c on fossils. No resists but my luck this league with fossil crafting has been awful.
IGN: DabrixRN
"
arzate03 wrote:
The original build gave me issues with survivability because of stun but I switched to a low life version and found it to be better in both defense and dps. Uber elder killed with no issues and I tried a four way legion (deathless) but was only able to get one full row of icons and the drops were crap :( Guess it's time to try slayer lol

My gear:

Do you have a POB for the low life version?
Exile

"Bullshit, you get the game for free."
-Qarl
am i the only one not using a bow cause it looks retarded as fuck?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info