GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE

I've tried making time to update all my video guides but I literally have too many builds to keep up with the videos, so, if anyone that is fully geared with this build have the possibility to record (A LOT) of gameplay footage, anything from boss killing to full fast map clearing, please do let me know if you could hook me up with said footage!
This way I can create an updated version for the video as it is in dire need of one!

"
Dinnyepapa wrote:
"
lesgrossman wrote:
Hey Ghazzy,

Two questions:

1) Does it have to be +chaos dmg on rings or can it be +spell dmg?

2) can you change biscos belt to Stygian Vise w/ +dot dmg while holding a shield or is the rarity component that good?

Cheers! (thanks for answering everyones questions)

Spell damage also affects essence drain, but it does not affect the delirium weapon dot, so if you use that, spell damage is a tiny bit less effective on single target damage, but it is not a big deal in my opinion. As for the belt, it is up to your style I think. I like to calmly go around, and take my time looting and also getting lost, so I can't really use that belt well. I think you should take a chance and try it, it is not very expensive, so check if you can generally keep up the rampage on maps. For bossing, it is straight up better to use any other belt with good defenses. If you can make a build, in which you can change the belts between your "mappin" belt and "boss" belt, that would be the most effective I think.

I also have a question.
I tried to remake the build a bit, for solo self found, and I tried to add a +3 chaos gem level staff(+2 for the budget start) into path of building, and it seems to grant a ton of damage, even compared to a delirium weapon. What would be the argument against using a staff with leap slam instead of shield charge, other than it being a bit slower ? I guess there is some, since everyone seems to use the other version, but I am a bit concerned, that I can not get a delirium in ssf. So please theorycraft with me :D

Couldn't have explained it better myself, thank you.

Regarding your question:
"a bit slower" the clear speed difference is pretty big, that's why :)

"
Kedar wrote:
Grand Spectrum Jewels give us a lot of mana but whether jewels maximum life / damage over time is bad if i use Cloak of Defiance?

3 x 7% life give me a lot of life, more than mana boost from grand spectrum jewels?

I'd recommend following the MoM calculator provided in the guide, if you don't have enough unreserved mana to sustain the MoM effect you won't have the correct eHP provided by it.

You could change Grand Spectrum Jewels for high flat mana rolled Abyssal Jewels which should be cheaper but grant you less mana. However, they can grant you some extra dmg mods.

"
kizzderose wrote:
Another question about the mana and MoM:
Thanks to RNGesus i found my first EX since beta :D
I bought 3 Grand Spectrum Jewels and it really pushed my mana.
I have now about 1400, with Enfeeble and Clarity on about 700.

The problem now is my playstyle. Until MoM i just jumped/whirled into a group of monsters, Cont+ED and done. Even with Abysses.
Now when i do that and get a shitton of hits my mana drops to zero, i stand in the middle of monsters and first have to use a mana pot. Quite dangerous...ok, i died a couple of times :D

I just wanted to know if i "just" have to play a bit safer? Not jumping into 100 monsters, but stay away a bit to cast safely?
I also wondered because you said "keep your mana at about twice what your ED cost is".
This would be 160-170 for me...but then i would run out of mana in just a couple of hits.

Is it really the playstyle or is there any "trick"?

edit:
Ok, i played a little more, did the merciful lab and chose "Weave the Arcane". After that it got better.
I guess it really depends on how much mana you have :D

Atm lvl 73 and just started mapping, so much fun ;)

Hey,

Glad it got sorted however, it confused the shit outa me!

Could you point me in the direction where I've written that you shoudl keep your mana at about twice what your ED cost is? I know I've talked about the mana cost of Contagion since it's linked to Arcane Surge.

The unreserved mana you need to fully sustain the effective HP granted by the MoM effect you need to check out the MoM calculator provided in the guide!

"
Bunta126 wrote:
"
DetoxRogue wrote:
I'm kind of lost, does Immortal call work without charges? Or do you make charges some how?

Immortal call works because it is linked to CWDT.
Keep CWDT at low level so that immortal call triggers whenever you get hit.

This ^^^^^

And my personal setup is this:
CWDT lvl 3 + Immortal Call lvl 5

"
todesman wrote:
What do you guys think about using Bubonic Trail for Boots?

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Bubonic_Trail

Personal taste tbh, I don't like them too much.

"
kizzderose wrote:
"
Bunta126 wrote:
Sorry for the noob question but early on in the tree you get Frenetic to increase frenzy charges.
But I'm not sure how to gain frenzy charges with your build and what to use them for.
Could you explain that part please? I couldn't see anything in the guide about it.

Look at the ascendancy nodes: Swift Killer. With it you generate Frenzy and Power charges easily.
You can leave the two Frenzy nodes alone until that point.

This ^^^^

"
gingermanx wrote:
where is the 3.1 video

I'm sadly not a fulltime streamer, at least not yet. So I've been unable to get a 3.1 update on youtube for all my build guides.

I am the content creator in PoE with the most build guide threads that are kept up-2-date so it's hard to keep up with YouTube at the same time. Hence the big red text at the top of this response, as that will allow me to create the guide asap.

"
Thank you for the great guide.
I was wondering whether you had any gearing advice for me besides the obvious flasks I still need to replace. (my character is public)

Hey,

My pleasure bro, glad you like it!

Well, I've always preferred a +1 gem lvl chest over CoD for this build, even in hardcore. So there's that.

I loathe Le Heup personally but if you feel safe with your eHP & res then go for it :)

"
gingermanx wrote:
Do i spec out of MoM with Cloak of defience or do i keep it for the nodes behind it

Keep it, you're gonna need the mana nodes behind it to fully sustain the MoM effect granted by CoD.

Quick reminder:
Check out the MoM calculator provided in the guide.

"
Garyas wrote:
"
Xyrm wrote:
Is this build capable of Uber Atziri this league? If so, what kind of investment would it take?

Envy!!

@Ghazzy:

Unfortunately, I find way too little time to play this league - not even enough time to keep up with this thread :(

If miracously I will be able to spend a lot of hours, I could try to record a few clips with my last league char in Standard, he is pretty well geared. But don't count on it.

Hey,

I'd love that tbh, I'm currently running the Lich Queen skelly build as it hasn't recieved a video update in longer than this ED/Contagion build has so currently working on that...

"
Wicked build. I'm not following it 1:1 but i'm recking everything. Currently using Surgebinders gloves

as my only unique item and already took down normal Atziri. Maps don't pose a problem either so far (t8 highest). Using wand and shield because no good dagger has dropped yet.

Fun fun fun thanks for the tips on a good ED build.

Nice!
Glad you like it bro! :D

"
Xyrm wrote:
What would it take to get an ED/Contagion (potentially blight too) character to down uber-atziri? Let's assume I have 50ex to burn, maybe more.

Uber Atziri you have 2 choices:

1) +3 chaos staff + skillz
2) Empower lvl 4, 21/20 ED, +1 chest (could potentially do it with less but that's your safest approach)

"
sneakys wrote:
Dunno if this has been asked before but wouldn't Allelopathy Gloves be really good for this build? i've currently got contagion socketed in my gloves anyway.

edit; nevermind. missed the part where you actually said that in your guide.

<3

"
vennedra wrote:
Thanks you so much for this build
I came back to PoE with that build after 2 years and reakky enjoy it :)

My pleasure bro, glad you like it! :D <3
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Last edited by Ghazzy on Jan 3, 2018, 8:02:10 PM
Tks for the great guide! BTW I think having the color fonts for the gems in your guide is a really great addition. It may seem like a small thing, but it shows the effort put in!

While I'm not following exactly as I'm gg LL instead... But I do follow this thread plenty.

Have a qn on allelopathy. You indicated faster casting contagion increased aoe and arcane surge as the gem set up. I hv seen others include efficacy void manipulation swift affliction and controlled destruction.

Pardon the noob qn.... Whats the main difference between the 2 setup? Any major pro and con?

Tks again for taking the time to read this query.
What's the expected number of Tabula's to corrupt to get one? I think I'm over 40 or 50 now with little to show for it. Really thinking the 3 ex for a right colored skin is looking cheap.
Just picked up a +3 chaos staff so I thought I'd post the in hideout numbers for the different skills compared to the BotC/Rathpith setup. Clarity and Enfeeble and both active.

Here are the 3 items: BotC, Rathpith and +3 Staff with the gems that they're using. When the BotC/Rathpith are equipped the ED setup is in a +1 Tabula. When the staff is equipped, the ED setup moves to the staff and the BotC/Rathpith gems move to the +1 Tabula.

First are the skill numbers when the BotC/Rathpith are equipped:
Spoiler

Here are the skill numbers with the +3 Staff:
Spoiler

Last edited by YT_HB on Jan 4, 2018, 8:09:58 PM
I am in love with my

and before I have enough sockets to 6-link it, really debating which gem I should switch with
if at all. What is your advice? I've not survived on end game maps previously, so with this build I plan on it once I get there.
Last edited by ThunderBiome on Jan 4, 2018, 2:42:39 AM
"
Ghazzy wrote:

"
kizzderose wrote:
Another question about the mana and MoM:
Thanks to RNGesus i found my first EX since beta :D
I bought 3 Grand Spectrum Jewels and it really pushed my mana.
I have now about 1400, with Enfeeble and Clarity on about 700.

The problem now is my playstyle. Until MoM i just jumped/whirled into a group of monsters, Cont+ED and done. Even with Abysses.
Now when i do that and get a shitton of hits my mana drops to zero, i stand in the middle of monsters and first have to use a mana pot. Quite dangerous...ok, i died a couple of times :D

I just wanted to know if i "just" have to play a bit safer? Not jumping into 100 monsters, but stay away a bit to cast safely?
I also wondered because you said "keep your mana at about twice what your ED cost is".
This would be 160-170 for me...but then i would run out of mana in just a couple of hits.

Is it really the playstyle or is there any "trick"?

edit:
Ok, i played a little more, did the merciful lab and chose "Weave the Arcane". After that it got better.
I guess it really depends on how much mana you have :D

Atm lvl 73 and just started mapping, so much fun ;)

Hey,

Glad it got sorted however, it confused the shit outa me!

Could you point me in the direction where I've written that you shoudl keep your mana at about twice what your ED cost is? I know I've talked about the mana cost of Contagion since it's linked to Arcane Surge.

The unreserved mana you need to fully sustain the effective HP granted by the MoM effect you need to check out the MoM calculator provided in the guide!

Hm, maybe i was just wrong about this and thought of another ED/Cont-Video or whatever.
Let's say it was my fault :D
I'll check out the calculator!
Thanks for your effort ;)
"
battousaii wrote:
What's the expected number of Tabula's to corrupt to get one? I think I'm over 40 or 50 now with little to show for it. Really thinking the 3 ex for a right colored skin is looking cheap.

Hm, how about buying one for approx 45c (at the time of this post)? :)

http://poe.trade/search/amamesakasehin
Last edited by Garyas on Jan 4, 2018, 6:01:25 AM
Alright I just looted my first Flask:

Now, I didn't spec into Whispers of Doom yet, but I have more than enough Refund Points to respec.

This is my current Passive Tree, at level 86.
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAAPuBAcEswceCPQJIA5IES0RLxGWE20UCRa_GDwc3B2-IvQmiCaVKPoqUysKLJwy0TOHNZI2PTpYOuE8tkGHRUdFnUlPSVFJsUyzTeNTUlVLVYVVxlxAXfJfKmHiYpVirGpDaoxsC2yMbRl1nnaCfIN_xoCzgseD24Uyh8uPGo_6kUeTJ5Uuly2XlZf0muCdqqEvogCi2aOjpcumV6ebsNiycLQMtNG1SLcwtz64k7yqvOq9J76KwGbIDMgUytPLvc8V0B_Xz9i92jvmgetj6-Tr7u-I7-vwH_DV8kX1b_k3-ej-Cv6P?accountName=Clayne&characterName=FeelsSaitoMan

Any suggestions?
Last edited by Clayne on Jan 4, 2018, 7:06:39 AM
NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE

I've tried making time to update all my video guides but I literally have too many builds to keep up with the videos, so, if anyone that is fully geared with this build have the possibility to record (A LOT) of gameplay footage, anything from boss killing to full fast map clearing, please do let me know if you could hook me up with said footage!
This way I can create an updated version for the video as it is in dire need of one!

"
Halu78 wrote:
Tks for the great guide! BTW I think having the color fonts for the gems in your guide is a really great addition. It may seem like a small thing, but it shows the effort put in!

While I'm not following exactly as I'm gg LL instead... But I do follow this thread plenty.

Have a qn on allelopathy. You indicated faster casting contagion increased aoe and arcane surge as the gem set up. I hv seen others include efficacy void manipulation swift affliction and controlled destruction.

Pardon the noob qn.... Whats the main difference between the 2 setup? Any major pro and con?

Tks again for taking the time to read this query.

Hey,

I'm glad you like it! That specific detail was changed due to feedback from the community, I try to make sure my guides are as close to perfect as possible.

The second setup allows for much better Blight DMG though you will need to remove some gems for it to have room in your gear :)

No need to thank me for answering questions, I do what I can, as always.

"
battousaii wrote:

As @Garyas wrote, there are so many tabula rasas that gets corrupted each league that you will always be at least averagely better of to purchase one rather than to corrupt one.

"
YT_HB wrote:
Just picked up a +3 chaos staff so I thought I'd post the in hideout numbers for the different skills compared to the BotC/Rathpith setup. Clarity and Enfeeble and both active.

Here are the 3 items: BotC, Rathpith and +3 Staff with the gems that they're using. When the BotC/Rathpith are equipped the ED setup is in a +1 Tabula. When the staff is equipped, the ED setup moves to the staff and the BotC/Rathpith gems move to the +1 Tabula.

First are the skill numbers when the BotC/Rathpith are equipped:
Spoiler

Here are the skill numbers with the +3 Staff:
Spoiler

Thank you for sharing this :)

"
ThunderBiome wrote:
I am in love with my

and before I have enough sockets to 6-link it, really debating which gem I should switch with
if at all. What is your advice? I've not survived on end game maps previously, so with this build I plan on it once I get there.

Hey,

Well your first 4L are incorrect if you look at the guide, the support gems are listed in order of efficiency, you'll have a much better clear speed with the guides setup compared to what you have right now!

I've never liked Pierce tbh, I'd rather use Decay or even Poison till I can afford a lvl 3+ Empower.

-----------------

@Kizzerdose:

My pleasure bro, hope it works out :)

"
Clayne wrote:
Alright I just looted my first Flask:

Now, I didn't spec into Whispers of Doom yet, but I have more than enough Refund Points to respec.

This is my current Passive Tree, at level 86.
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAAPuBAcEswceCPQJIA5IES0RLxGWE20UCRa_GDwc3B2-IvQmiCaVKPoqUysKLJwy0TOHNZI2PTpYOuE8tkGHRUdFnUlPSVFJsUyzTeNTUlVLVYVVxlxAXfJfKmHiYpVirGpDaoxsC2yMbRl1nnaCfIN_xoCzgseD24Uyh8uPGo_6kUeTJ5Uuly2XlZf0muCdqqEvogCi2aOjpcumV6ebsNiycLQMtNG1SLcwtz64k7yqvOq9J76KwGbIDMgUytPLvc8V0B_Xz9i92jvmgetj6-Tr7u-I7-vwH_DV8kX1b_k3-ej-Cv6P?accountName=Clayne&characterName=FeelsSaitoMan

Any suggestions?

Hey,

Gratz!
Well, I'm unable to see your character so I will just assume that you are already running with 1 Blasphemy Aura according to the guide, to get full use of Witchfire Brew you have 2 options:

1) Get a +1 curse item (doedre ring/windscream boots/corrupted amulet)
2) Respec points to get WoD

Looking at your tree I would most likely skip some mana nodes or potentially jewel slots unless you use Grand Spectrums to reach WoD.
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Last edited by Ghazzy on Jan 4, 2018, 8:22:28 AM
Quick reply, thanks man :)

Yea, I'm running Enfeeble with Blasphemy. Only having "problems" against no life/mana reg, or big packs with Physical Damage return (thanks to the helmet FeelsBadMan)
My gear:

What do you think about this, until i get higher Level obviously I can put back points into them.
Dropping:

1x Frenzy Duration & +1 max. Frenzy Charges (alternatively 2x 8% max. Mana, left from the Scion Start)
2x 8% Increased Area of Effect
3x 10 Intelligence Nodes
1x Jewel Slot

But gaining:

5x 10 Intelligence Nodes
1x Curse Duration
1x Curse Cast Speed
1x Whispers of Doom

That's how it would look,
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.1.1/AAAABAYCAAPuBLMHHgj0CSAOSBEtES8RlhNtFAkWvxg8GGoc3B2-IvQmiCaVKPoqUysKLJwy0TOHNZI2PTlSOlg64Ty2QYdFR0WdSU9JUUmxTeNTUlVLVcZYB1xAXfJfKmHiYpVirGpDaoxsC2yMbRl0VXWedoJ8g3_GgLOCx4PbhTKHy48aj0aP-pFHkyeVLpctmuCboZ2qoS-iAKLZo6OmV6cIp5usmLDYsnC0DLTRtUi3MLc-uJO8qrzqvSe-isBmyAzIFMrTy73PFdfP2L3aO-aB62Pr7u-I8B_w1fJF9W_31_k3-ej-Cv6P?accountName=Clayne&characterName=FeelsSaitoMan

compared to my previous skill tree
Spoiler

Last edited by Clayne on Jan 4, 2018, 9:38:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info