GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Yes it is, you are right.
Spell totem and increased duration are the gems i had to buy.
Anyone checked what gems are worth trying to get high quality on? It's much cheaper getting those 20q gems in prophecy league so with the random gem reward.
Hey guys!
Due to being absent in the prophecy release I will go through all my threads briefly with short responses from all posts I've missed!

"
kompaniet wrote:

Level 36 in prophecy league.
Have been going with a 3-link up to previous level with ed + void m + controlled d. Added pierce gem now that i got a 4-link.

Not really sure what is best to link ed with. 50% pierce chance feels a bit unreliable. Too often nothing happens. Wouldn't chain or lmp be better? This has probably been tested throughly. Just wondering.

Thanks for a nice guide. Have had no problems up to this point. Leveled with ethereal k because it was the only spell that used the stats from the starter nodes.

Pierce is not there for the pierce chance, it is there for the more damage multiplier! :)
We don't using any projectile modifiers, we are strictly scaling the damage and letting contagion do the rest.

Glad you like it bro!

"
djnat wrote:
You never want to use support gems with a LESS damage multiplier for ED.

GMP is useless because you already spread ED with contagion.
Chain is useless for the same reason.

+1

"
girth wrote:
I just saw this weapon posted on reddit: https://i.imgur.com/Q5eXZVs.png

What are your thoughts on it (besides it not being a dagger)?

Not effecient enough. Slow due to not being a dagger and does not provide enough damage either.

"
djnat wrote:
I still prefer Consuming dark for the free poison.

Poison was balanced & nerfed.
It no longer procs from the DoT damage but only the initial hit, which is bad. On top of this it has been sorted so it doesn't reproc itself. It is alright for extra dmg vs single target but if you get 80% or higher spell damage + 30% dot craft such dagger would cost the same as a consuming dark but would be better as well as providing other stats as well.

"
bogdyar wrote:
This build is awesome, i just hit lvl 60 and managed to get a tabula rasa, monsters just melt while i whirl forward. Thanks for sharing it

My pleasure! Glad you like it bro!

"
ganimal wrote:
"
Thor_2 wrote:
Fortify and spell totem won't be available for Shadow.

fortify support is available after fixture of fate at vendor. just got it today.

I knew it! :D

"
Thor_2 wrote:
Yes it is, you are right.

Aha! :D

"
kompaniet wrote:
Spell totem and increased duration are the gems i had to buy.
Anyone checked what gems are worth trying to get high quality on? It's much cheaper getting those 20q gems in prophecy league so with the random gem reward.

High quality Contagion first prio, it is cheap and you don't care about the lvl of the gem, only the quality. Same goes with Inc AoE. Everything to avoid giving you any sort of feeling to think that increased AoE nodes on the tree is a good idea. ;)
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Ok, appreciate the response Ghazzy :D

Had a Tabula drop this morning and it just made everything so much better. Loving this build so far man!
Cant make a decision for myself about Ascedency points.

Surely, i've got "Walk The Aether"

but after it..options

1) Ghost Dance + Shade form + Swift Killer

or

2) Swift Killer + Patient Reaper + Weave the Arcane.

also, i looking at "Cloth and Chain" for +36% Evasion & Armor and 15% all-res
so out of curiosity, why dont you have any curse setups? like Temporal chains or vulnerability? Temp chains for increased duration and a slow debuff, while vulnerability increases overall dot damage. You could probably get away with doing dual curse blasphemy tempchains+ vuln.

I understand that most of the time stuff dies a relatively safe distance away from you but bosses would probably benefit most from this setup. With a high level blasphemy is pretty close to whole screen curse. Im not really sure what you could replace, perhaps the vaal hastes in your boots, you could do instead blasphemy+Temp chains as to keep the sockets easy to get.

Nevermind, i just had to go back and read the thread a lot. I got my answer lol
Jkurs on twitch, come and join the action . :)
Last edited by Jkurs on Jun 7, 2016, 8:46:40 AM
Lvl 60 in prophecy league. Doing great. Soon time to start mapping. I am using dual daggers for now. Maybe better with one dagger and shield? Not sure. I get a little life from a shield i guess. Dagger has a nice 28% chaos res and 21 int i need to equip my gems so it has to stay for now.

Also have the act 2 quest reward pierce chance gem (15% piece chance) bringing my pierce chance up to 65%. Helps a little getting spreading essence drain but i am mostly using it because i can't afford any decent gem yet.
For offensive stats, why is damage% not tier 1. Does the raw damage % apply differently for this skill than most? Edited in same for spell damage with shield?
If you're going to do something, grit those teeth and smile!
Last edited by larrich01 on Jun 8, 2016, 2:50:08 AM
Quick note:

I'll be going to the Download festivale in England over the weekend, I'll be back on Tuesday again!

"
girth wrote:
Ok, appreciate the response Ghazzy :D

Had a Tabula drop this morning and it just made everything so much better. Loving this build so far man!

Awesome! Glad you like it :D

"
Cant make a decision for myself about Ascedency points.

Surely, i've got "Walk The Aether"

but after it..options

1) Ghost Dance + Shade form + Swift Killer

or

2) Swift Killer + Patient Reaper + Weave the Arcane.

also, i looking at "Cloth and Chain" for +36% Evasion & Armor and 15% all-res

It's all coming down to how you wish to approach/play the build :)

"
xerofite wrote:
so out of curiosity, why dont you have any curse setups? like Temporal chains or vulnerability? Temp chains for increased duration and a slow debuff, while vulnerability increases overall dot damage. You could probably get away with doing dual curse blasphemy tempchains+ vuln.

I understand that most of the time stuff dies a relatively safe distance away from you but bosses would probably benefit most from this setup. With a high level blasphemy is pretty close to whole screen curse. Im not really sure what you could replace, perhaps the vaal hastes in your boots, you could do instead blasphemy+Temp chains as to keep the sockets easy to get.

Nevermind, i just had to go back and read the thread a lot. I got my answer lol

<3

"
kompaniet wrote:
Lvl 60 in prophecy league. Doing great. Soon time to start mapping. I am using dual daggers for now. Maybe better with one dagger and shield? Not sure. I get a little life from a shield i guess. Dagger has a nice 28% chaos res and 21 int i need to equip my gems so it has to stay for now.

Also have the act 2 quest reward pierce chance gem (15% piece chance) bringing my pierce chance up to 65%. Helps a little getting spreading essence drain but i am mostly using it because i can't afford any decent gem yet.

Shield gives you more defensive stats, if you're fine with your life/res then dual wielding daggers is nice for damage!
Pierce chance is something you can ignore right away, the only reason we are using pierce gem is due to the more damage multiplier it gives (exactly the same as slower proj) :)

"
larrich01 wrote:
For offensive stats, why is damage% not tier 1. Does the raw damage % apply differently for this skill than most? Edited in same for spell damage with shield?

They are worth equally much, on jewels however which I believe you are refering to the damage roll has a lower max potential roll than what the spell damage rolls has :)

Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
I started Prophecy SC with this build. It's amazing so far. My thoughts so far:

Current state: lvl84, maps up to t7 (terrible rng: all maps alch and go), cleared uberlab.

Leveling was nice and fast. I was able to cheese cruel lab at lvl50 (SC), without any close calls. Heartbreaker is an excellent cheap early pickup. You get spell damage and cull on ED which speeds up boss kills. It works on 3rd phase Izaro and it saved my life.

I completed the game (Merc Malachai and Merc Izaro) on 4L. I also ran maps and dried lake safe and fast. I got my tabula at lvl80. The addition of "rapid decay" as 5th Link is an immense boost. 6L is currently poison which works nicely vs tough mobs. Currently Rathpith is very expensive at 2+ ex.

I ran temp chains and vulnerability up to early maps (windscream boots), were mobs started to hit hard and grace became a neccessity. Armour trivializes a lot of content including uber trials. I made the switch after i did some uber trials. It was a major improvement.

Party play: Nope. The damage diminishes greatly. You can run as a double curse debuffer and maybe culler.

Pierce Gem: It provides the added benefit of taking care of "allies cannot die". Poacher's Aim jewel boosts pierce chance to 65% which is very handy in many maps.

Ascendancy points:
Walk the aether + Weave the arcane: Best combo for QoL. The buff to "weave the arcane" is amazing. 20% chance to recover 10% of max mana on skill use. You get 0 mana cost wb. I was able to drop clarity after cruel lab and never looked back. It enables you to run grace + curse of your choice.

Patient Reaper: Merc Lab pickup. Good damage boost and excellent regen boost on kill. It enables you to have blood rage on -regen maps. It's also a big help in uber trials and uber lab.

Swift killer: Uber lab. I haven't tested this thoroughly yet.

Uber Lab Report:
Stats:
lvl 84, life 5100, armour 12k, overcap ele res, -36 chaos res, shield user.
Uber Argus was a joke with wither totem and wb.
Armour, regen and instant pots help a great deal.
Get Enfeeble blasphemy if you cant.
It's 100% doable. Respect Izaro buffs. I was overconfident and left alive both essences and conduits for 3rd phase. A single mistake cost me the run. Keep calm and farm on.

In conclusion it's an excellent league starter build, that needs just a tabula for faster clearing. It's really flexible and it can run Uber Lab safely.
Last edited by aplostra on Jun 9, 2016, 10:15:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info