GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Well, capped resists = 75% :)
But then everyone talks about overcapping, elemental weaknesses etc.
Then 75 isn't enough anymore. I'm very autistic. I may be overthinking.

stay at 75% and just throw away maps that deal more elemental damage?
overcap to be able to run all maps, or just be safe?
stay at 75% because of budget?
stay at 75% because it's just a waste IF the map has no elemental weakness?
overcap just for the sake of extra damage mitigation?
focus on hp after 75%?
cap all the way to 169% to run all content or only to survive certain maps?

It's just annoying to not know these things by default. I just started playing recently. And the two last weeks has been occuppied by the constant questioning of balancing resistances.
Google searches are accurate enougg, forum isn't straight-forward enough and since 3.0 players changed opinions thus every statement previously posted has no value.

Sorry for messy grammar, stoned af to avoid seizures.
---- Note for myself ----
(If i missed any comments before this post, ask again as I believe everything has been answered by @Garyas or been part of a discussion)

-----------

@weppe1337:
Regarding Ele weakness: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Elemental_Weakness you need to be on cap (75%) and that link will show you how many % above that you need to be to be capped vs Elemental Weakness depending on what tier the map is that has the mod.

(Excluding other affects that scales your max res cap such as gear and/or skilltree granting extra max res).
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
are u suggesting that I should have 75% to all res. BUT when I want to run an ele weakness map I have to calculate resistances and then change gear to match it?
"
kazafz wrote:
Hey Ghazzy, loving this build so far - feels nice just seeing things drop from afar due to Contagion :)

To Ghazzy and everyone else, I was just wondering how much DoT should I aim to get before being able to comfortably complete Guardians + Shaper?

At the moment with frenzy/power charges up, I get around 88k DoT on tool tip which is good enough for T15.

Can someone please review my build and recommend what I should aim for to achieve T16+Shaper? Thanks!

Below are a few things I have listed to work on:
1. 21/20 for all of my Gems and Level 4 Empower

2. Potentially moving to Skin of the Loyal instead of Tabula or even go to the extreme and get a +1 corrupted 6L Cherrubim's Maleficence with max Chaos Damage and max Life roll

3. Upgrading my rings to have the incr Chaos Damage mod (what BiS mods should I look for in my rings?)

4. Upgrading my amulet (what BiS mods should I look for on the amulet?)

5. Grab the +40% ED Enchant on Helmet

Feel free to check out my character on my profile - Character Name: 'Yusneakying'

Thanks all

Hi Ghazzy - just wanted to post my question again. Thanks

Edit: I have cleared Mino & Chimera but the fight took longer than I wanted to.

See below for my items:

Last edited by kazafz on Oct 25, 2017, 3:31:43 PM
Hi, I'm thinking about trying this build, since I never played ED,
how this build fares against shaper? (videos are from 2.6),
I.E. how long does it take to get shaper from 50% to 0% (3rd phase), assuming gear is high budget optimaized.
how fast does it clear maps? compared to bow build for example
Could anyone look over my Char/Gear and tell me what i need to Improve to do High Tier stuff .. Im running T12-T13 Maps without any Problems but ive got the feeling i have some Sustain problems once i go higher

Last edited by Autrux_x3 on Oct 25, 2017, 8:26:23 AM
I feel like clarity isnt needed for a very long time now. been trying temporal chains and other variations together with blasphemy as well.
what is a good substitute? Haste? Vulnerable?
i have 2.6k mana unreserved to use
Last edited by weppe1337 on Oct 25, 2017, 11:12:33 AM
Hey guys, did I just rob a bank?

I hate running labs and I've only ever done so to get my Ascendancy.
The first time I ran Uber and completed it - I enchanted the helm I had, I rolled the Lightning Warp enchant. I guess its pretty sought after? I've had some fun with it (since 75? now 91), but I think it was time to move on.

While I was running poe.trade - I came across the Devoto's Nightmare Bascinet. With 40% ED already attached. I ended up getting it for 25C, which seems like an incredibly incredibly good deal. Item age was only 22 hours.

Anyways, cons I check out about 250 life. I fall from 5000 to 4750 (still have 800 ES). All resists capped still capped but lightning cold fall from 109 to around 76-86. Problem would be with lowered resist mods. Plus side - gain tons of evasion (doubled with the Witchfire) - plenty of Physical reduction. Quicker movement skills (attack speed+movement). And most notably Chaos resist which my build lacks so much of.

1 - Did I do alright by chosing Devotos? It seemingly complements alot of elements my character lacks otherwise. I've only had it for a few hours.

2 - Given the choice, pretend both helmets had ED enchant. Which would you choose?

3 - What other cons might there be? I'm taking on Tier 15 maps no deaths most of the time. Haven't faced Shaper or Guardians yet.

4 - I'm still new to this game. In a sense. It's been awhile since I played. What typically would these 2 helmets go for? (with their respective enchants) ty!!

Thank you and thank you for this wonderful guide!

---------------------------------

Here is rest of my stuff

Last edited by infectedmethod on Oct 25, 2017, 3:29:42 PM
Quick question, why don't you take the Chaos damage nodes in the skill tree (Method to the Madness, Corruption)? Wouldn't sacrificing some of the life nodes you take in exchange for more single-target damage be worth it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info