GhazzyTV - THE Spectre Summoner [LOW & HIGH BUDGET VERSIONS]

"
CidKampeador wrote:
What should I go for first? The Vis Mortis 5L or a 6L of my choice?
And, in case the Vis Mortis is better, which gems should I get as the first 5?

Vis Mortis is a 33% more multiplier (assuming 3 spectres already) + 15% increased. The 5 link would be Raise Spectre, Spell Echo, Minion Damage, GMP, Concentrated Effect. (edit: I previously included Unholy Might but that doesn't apply. Thanks Ghazzy :) Corrected in the next paragraph too.)

With a 6-link, you'd add Elemental Focus which at 20/20 would be 49% more damage + 10% increased damage. So it looks like the non Vis Mortis 6-link is better, especially if it has a good life roll. However, Ghazzy points out the the extra spectre adds much-needed area coverage for clear speed, so that would be the better choice.

"
SnatchAdams wrote:
1. I run Animate Guardian with the standard leer cast, dying breath, etc gear to boost my minions. My main concern is survivability for the AG. Would an increased minion life or an empower with increased levels be better here? I can run my AG on some guardians but shaper is a no no.

If my method here is wrong, someone will have to correct me but I'll give it a shot. I think AG has life based on gem level. At level 20, I think it's 8131 base, +30 Leer Cast for 8161. There's also 76% increased from the gem, 16% from Southbound, another 27% increased from the tree, minus 20% reduced from Vis Mortis = 99% increased maximum life.

A level 4 empower should bring the base up to 10879 and the increased up to 111% for 2.11 * 10879 = 22955 life.

A 20/20 minion life support should bring increased maximum life up 64% to 163% increased. 2.63 * 8161 = 21463.

That's about 7% more for the level 4 empower, but the minion life support is much cheaper. I can't guarantee I'm right about how all the math works, but I suspect if I'm wrong about any of it, the minion life support should be better than my numbers show.

"
SnatchAdams wrote:
2. I love Victario's Charity and run it on everything. However, would another shield be better to switch to for shaper and tougher bosses? For instance, would a Rathpith be better to run against shaper for the fact that you aren't really killing anything other than shaper and don't get charges from killing enemies? Are the 1 in 20 chance charges from VC better than 60% increased spell damage from rathpith?

You can use a deadhand talisman to spawn worms for some of these. (edit: Unholy Might again.) I don't think it works for Shaper and I think Atziri eats the talisman, so my gut says Rathpith would be better in those cases though I don't have the experience to guarantee it. (edit: As Ghazzy points out, the frenzy charge is on hit, not on kill so I guess VC is still the better choice.)

"
SnatchAdams wrote:
3. I saw that you recently updated your guide to include switching to slower projectiles for harder bosses. Is this a big increase in damage being that it seems like many of the projectiles will miss because of how slow they travel? After doing the math it seemed like it would be a big increase on paper but it is hard to judge so far against shaper and guardians. Seemed like it was about the same speed.

I've seen other people recommend pierce support over slower projectiles/GMP vs fast-moving bosses, so you could try that and see if it feels better.
Last edited by tanis0 on Oct 17, 2017, 5:50:07 AM
"
CidKampeador wrote:
So, here I go again ^^U
I'm sorry for my spam, I hope it doesn't bother you too much -.-

Thanks for all the info dude, and sorry for the flood!

I'm gonna start by responding to the question:
5L Vis Mortis > Any other option that's 6L, remove Elemental Focus. The reason behind this is simple yet far from logical in the mathematic terms. You gain more DPS with an additional spectre in lower lvls, but in higher lvls each spectre deals more DPS with another socket, however, you don't get the same area coverage which slows down clear speed significantly. This was extremely visible when testing 4x Spectre vs 6x Spectres in the high budget state. The area cover makes the build so much smoother to run, and safe.

Secondly:
Never, ever, apologize for thinking you bother me with questions. Unlike many others, I promote people to ALWAYS ask questions, otherwise you won't get any answers. This goes in my threads, youtube, discord, stream etc etc just fire away. This is what I want to do in my life, stream/youtube and help people in this marvelous game :) <3

"
SnatchAdams wrote:
First off great guide. I used to play wayyyyy back in early beta with a build similar to this but just recently started playing again on xbox with the new console release. I used your guide to catch up on 4 years of being away. I am probably one of the few people who beat shaper on xbox, before he was fixed and would continue the fight even if you died...was near impossible, just to give you an idea of how awesome your build is.

A few questions though
1. I run Animate Guardian with the standard leer cast, dying breath, etc gear to boost my minions. My main concern is survivability for the AG. Would an increased minion life or an empower with increased levels be better here? I can run my AG on some guardians but shaper is a no no.

2. I love Victario's Charity and run it on everything. However, would another shield be better to switch to for shaper and tougher bosses? For instance, would a Rathpith be better to run against shaper for the fact that you aren't really killing anything other than shaper and don't get charges from killing enemies? Are the 1 in 20 chance charges from VC better than 60% increased spell damage from rathpith?

3. I saw that you recently updated your guide to include switching to slower projectiles for harder bosses. Is this a big increase in damage being that it seems like many of the projectiles will miss because of how slow they travel? After doing the math it seemed like it would be a big increase on paper but it is hard to judge so far against shaper and guardians. Seemed like it was about the same speed.

Thanks again

Awesome to hear, and welcome back bro!

1) Empower should be sufficient (much better than Minion Life), not sure if it's enough to keep him alive vs Shaper, time will tell...?

2) Vics Charity grants Frenzy Charges on HIT which is the only effect we want and it makes it fully functional vs bosses as well :) So no, not for spell casting minions. For Physical hitting ones, Lycosidae is a great choice.
Keep in mind that Frenzy Charges grants enemies & minions different stats than what they do to you as a player.
1 Charge grants your spectres:
* 15% atk/cast speed
* 4% More Damage
* 5% Increased movement speed

3) Since they removed shotgunning the ammount of projectiles no longer matter, you barely notice the slower speed of the projectiles but it vastly increases the damage output.

"
tanis0 wrote:
"
CidKampeador wrote:

Vis Mortis is a 33% more multiplier (assuming 3 spectres already) + 30% more from unholy might as long as you don't let the buff fall off + 15% increased. The 5 link would be Raise Spectre, Spell Echo, Minion Damage, GMP, Concentrated Effect.

With a 6-link, you'd add Elemental Focus which at 20/20 would be 49% more damage + 10% increased damage. Since 1.33 * 1.3 = 1.73 > 1.49, the Vis Mortis is going to be better as far as damage is concerned (whenever you aren't fighting a boss with no adds), but worse for survivability since there's no life on it. Assuming soft-core, I'd definitely choose the Vis Mortis as it will help you farm the 6-link faster due to the increased clear speed.

"
SnatchAdams wrote:

If my method here is wrong, someone will have to correct me but I'll give it a shot. I think AG has life based on gem level. At level 20, I think it's 8131 base, +30 Leer Cast for 8161. There's also 76% increased from the gem, 16% from Southbound, another 27% increased from the tree, minus 20% reduced from Vis Mortis = 99% increased maximum life.

A level 4 empower should bring the base up to 10879 and the increased up to 111% for 2.11 * 10879 = 22955 life.

A 20/20 minion life support should bring increased maximum life up 64% to 163% increased. 2.63 * 8161 = 21463.

That's about 7% more for the level 4 empower, but the minion life support is much cheaper. I can't guarantee I'm right about how all the math works, but I suspect if I'm wrong about any of it, the minion life support should be better than my numbers show.

"
SnatchAdams wrote:

You can use a deadhand talisman to spawn worms for some of these, which will help with Unholy Might as well. I don't think it works for Shaper and I think Atziri eats the talisman, so my gut says Rathpith would be better in those cases though I don't have the experience to guarantee it.

"
SnatchAdams wrote:

I've seen other people recommend pierce support over slower projectiles/GMP vs fast-moving bosses, so you could try that and see if it feels better.

Hey,

A few notes to this:

Unholy Might grants an additional physical damage as chaos, Solar Guards deal 100% fire damage. So it doesn't benefit us at all there.

You're correct about the AG, lvl 19+ should survive most encounters without any links.
Though the stats of the AG scales with LvLs making him much more reliable with an Empower over Minion Life, also, to mention the fact that his base life scales with all the minion life modifiers you have in your tree which is just additive with minion life.

Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
"
Ghazzy wrote:
Unholy Might grants an additional physical damage as chaos, Solar Guards deal 100% fire damage. So it doesn't benefit us at all there.

You're correct about the AG, lvl 19+ should survive most encounters without any links.
Though the stats of the AG scales with LvLs making him much more reliable with an Empower over Minion Life, also, to mention the fact that his base life scales with all the minion life modifiers you have in your tree which is just additive with minion life.

Thanks! I made corrections to my post above so people don't take away bad info.

Spectres are so confusing, even with the tools we have. From https://github.com/Mattc33/Necronomicon/blob/master/UndeadLibrary.md#solar-guard Solar Guards apparently have the implicit "Extra fire damage (60% extra phy to fire)", which makes no sense if they do no physical damage to begin with unless there's some other unlisted conversion also happening.

Which AG stats are you referring to? There's accuracy to improve life leech, though I'm not sure he does enough damage for this to matter much. Evasion and armour too I guess, but are they noticeable? Anything else I missed?

Thanks again. Your info here and on Youtube has been really helpful to me.
Last edited by tanis0 on Oct 17, 2017, 6:04:05 AM
Thank you very much for the answers, tanis0 and Ghazzy.
And thank you again for that friendly attitude! ^^
"
CidKampeador wrote:
Thank you very much for the answers, tanis0 and Ghazzy.
And thank you again for that friendly attitude! ^^

My pleasure bro <3
HI there,

I've been having a riot with this build so far, one of the best I've played in a long while.

I have one question and I apologise if this has already been covered, I got 'The Scourge' claw and it mentions your minions get a damage buff if you've 'hit recently'. I assume shield charge counts as this hit but does Orb of Storms since I'm casting that myself?

Thank you in advance.
why not used controlled destruction instead of conc effect?
Thank you tanis0 and Ghazzy for answers, much appreciated.
"
Reaction1980 wrote:
HI there,

I've been having a riot with this build so far, one of the best I've played in a long while.

I have one question and I apologise if this has already been covered, I got 'The Scourge' claw and it mentions your minions get a damage buff if you've 'hit recently'. I assume shield charge counts as this hit but does Orb of Storms since I'm casting that myself?

Thank you in advance.

Hey,

Not to worry, I promote asking any questions!
The answer is yes, OoS & Shield Charge both counts as hits :)

"
ThisisFreak wrote:
why not used controlled destruction instead of conc effect?

It was the original guide, however, after careful testing since I know Conc E. has a higher numeric value compared to CD I had to test it extensively, it was far superior (far = 9% more dmg).

"
SnatchAdams wrote:
Thank you tanis0 and Ghazzy for answers, much appreciated.

My pleasure <3
"
Ghazzy wrote:

1) Empower should be sufficient (much better than Minion Life), not sure if it's enough to keep him alive vs Shaper, time will tell...?

Just some 5 cents from me on that matter

Currently I run AG/Zombies/Empower/minion life and it's very tanky this way, however he did die on shaper, but that was most likely to me being bad and not experienced against him, so somebody who knows how to fight him properly shouldn't have any problems keeping him alive, as like I said he's very tanky this way and can take a lot.

I was running AG w/o the support gems but I gotta say, even though he's still somewhat tanky this way, he will still rip to crazy modded mob packs on higher tiers, so it was unreliable w/o the empo/minion life.

I am also experimenting with Vaal Summon Skeletons vs VLT, it's pretty nice for big packs/breaches/some bosses, as I'm 97 anything adding to survivability and decreasing chances of losing xp is a plus.

Changed quite a bit in the build, hit a pretty sweet spot for now but I wonder if there's still something I'm missing, if it's possible to make the build any better :)
Last edited by antyone on Oct 18, 2017, 10:40:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info