GhazzyTV - THE Spectre Summoner [LOW & HIGH BUDGET VERSIONS]

Appreciate good guide, but I have some question.

1. Can I use Midnight Bargain with 4 Keystion passive skill tree?

2. In NOT USING ZO/MoM/EB skill tree, why did you get many aura bonus and mana reserve node?
I think that getting more HP node is better choice.
Last edited by odes1xi on Apr 9, 2016, 6:40:20 PM
"
odes1xi wrote:

2. In NOT USING ZO/MoM/EB skill tree, why did you get many aura bonus and mana reserve node?

Hey,
Cheers bro!

1. Nope, with Midnight Bargain you'd like to step away from that and use ES over your life pool as eHP.

2. I am using the aura reservations to make sure i can hit 98% mana reserved when i use MoM/ZO/EB this way I am reserving pretty much all my mana as my ES will be my "new source of mana"

Main reason I'm using this is that EB/MoM/ZO guarantees my eHP to stay whilst having ES over my life pool would mean this:
Once a hit is taken your eHP is lowered until your ES has recharged itself which can only be done with this build via Vaal Discipline and/or not taking any damage what so ever for a few seconds.

Hope my answers helped!
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
"
Ghazzy wrote:
"
odes1xi wrote:

Hey,
Cheers bro!

1. Nope, with Midnight Bargain you'd like to step away from that and use ES over your life pool as eHP.

2. I am using the aura reservations to make sure i can hit 98% mana reserved when i use MoM/ZO/EB this way I am reserving pretty much all my mana as my ES will be my "new source of mana"

Main reason I'm using this is that EB/MoM/ZO guarantees my eHP to stay whilst having ES over my life pool would mean this:
Once a hit is taken your eHP is lowered until your ES has recharged itself which can only be done with this build via Vaal Discipline and/or not taking any damage what so ever for a few seconds.

Hope my answers helped!

So, below skill tree is final skill tree?

< Finished skill-tree, using Midnight Bargain >

poeurl.com/BM1
Last edited by odes1xi on Apr 10, 2016, 10:26:52 AM
"
odes1xi wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:
"
odes1xi wrote:

Hey,
Cheers bro!

Hope my answers helped!

So, below skill tree is final skill tree?

< Finished skill-tree, using Midnight Bargain >

poeurl.com/BM1

In the guide it says:

"Finished skill-tree NOT USING ZO/MoM/EB, meaning you'll be using Midnight Bargain strategy instead"

Thats the link to the Midnight Bargain skill-tree!
This is very much what I was planning.
Your experienced input clarified a lot of doubts I had, but I need further advice, if you can spare the time.

Instead of midnight bargain I plan on using Decree + Vis + Bones so I can have 2 items as 5 or 6 link, one for my 5 Spectres and another for my 10 Zomxies.
How early in game do you think we should take EB?

This is my 42 tree

Points to CORE goals: (help me figure out how soon I need these)
ZO: 3 points
EB: 6 points
MoM: 1 point (not required until I get EB)

Utility goals:
Shaper (1% life regen) - 2 pts
pre-Leadership node - 5 pts (4% reserved)
Melding Wheel (life + ES) - 1+4 pts
Written in Blood Wheel (life + ES) - 3+4 pts
ES in the scion start - there
ES in the Witch start - there

I am currently on the start of Act 2 cruel.
I feel VERY squishy. and am forced to log out every other Perandus Cache.
I am running Purity of Fire + Purity of Elements + Disc to help me survive, meaning I gave up on my damage auras, and am using Flame Sentinels or Goatmen Shamans.
When I put damage auras on (Anger + Hatred) I use a ranged spectre, like the barrage girls from Lunaris or the Voll tornado guys, to scale Hatred.

Current Decree (linking in process)

Current Chest:

Future chests:
48:

59 (linking in progress):
Breach build - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1772123
Last edited by nmc09331 on Apr 11, 2016, 9:31:45 AM
"
nmc09331 wrote:
This is very much what I was planning.
Your experienced input clarified a lot of doubts I had, but I need further advice, if you can spare the time.

Instead of midnight bargain I plan on using Decree + Vis + Bones so I can have 2 items as 5 or 6 link, one for my 5 Spectres and another for my 10 Zomxies.
How early in game do you think we should take EB?

This is my 42 tree

Points to CORE goals: (help me figure out how soon I need these)
ZO: 3 points
EB: 6 points
MoM: 1 point (not required until I get EB)

Utility goals:
Shaper (1% life regen) - 2 pts
pre-Leadership node - 5 pts (4% reserved)
Melding Wheel (life + ES) - 1+4 pts
Written in Blood Wheel (life + ES) - 3+4 pts
ES in the scion start - there
ES in the Witch start - there

I am currently on the start of Act 2 cruel.
I feel VERY squishy. and am forced to log out every other Perandus Cache.
I am running Purity of Fire + Purity of Elements + Disc to help me survive, meaning I gave up on my damage auras, and am using Flame Sentinels or Goatmen Shamans.
When I put damage auras on (Anger + Hatred) I use a ranged spectre, like the barrage girls from Lunaris or the Voll tornado guys, to scale Hatred.

Current Decree (linking in process)

Current Chest:

Future chests:
48:

59 (linking in progress):

Hey,

As my guide explains, it is not recommended to play as a summoner til you reach lvl 55ish, so to avoid feeling squishy and slow that would be the solution.

The time you take EB/ZO/MoM is when you are in the process of gearing your character, this is something i usually do at lvl 70 as then I'd have the lvl requirement to use any gear that I might be purchasing.
So i usually plan so that I am 1 point away from getting each of the assigned keystones and simply spec the last 3 points in spare HP or simmilar that I may respec out of when i hit lvl 70.
At that point i gear up the character aiming for a minimum of 45-50% ES of my life pool and try to get as much HP as possible.

Flame Sentinels > Goatmen without hesitation.

Your setup utilizes Zombies as well in which case i would strongly consider using Anger as your damage auras as that would not just benefit the spectres but also the zombies. Or if you wish, you could use the Knitted Horrors found in Dried Lake (However they don't show up via Desecrate so you'd have to find them yourself in the area, kill them, summon a spectre out of them) this would allow you to fully utilize Hatred as your damage auras which is the nr 1 dmg provider for zombies and also in this case for those specific spectres.
However, those spectres are not optimal due to crappy AI but can still deliver a heavy punch. And you'd be playing a slightly more balanced build scaling the damage of all sources instead.

I hope my input helped!
"
Ghazzy wrote:
As my guide explains, it is not recommended to play as a summoner til you reach lvl 55ish, so to avoid feeling squishy and slow that would be the solution.

I like to level with the same build I will play end game. It puts me in grave danger, and that is why I often die while leveling. But thats how I have my fun :-)

"
Ghazzy wrote:
Or if you wish, you could use the Knitted Horrors [...] this would allow you to fully utilize Hatred as your damage auras which is the nr 1 dmg provider for zombies and also in this case for those specific spectres

Sounds like a solid plan.
I am a BIG fan of the Echo gem, that melts content with the flame sentinels.
Faster attacks + Projectile Phys + LMP, for damage support of the horrors, should work well, correct?
Also, since they cause bleed, should I consider adding bludlust to the zombies? "(40 to 59)% more Melee Physical Damage against Bleeding enemies" sounds like a good deal.
For spectres, should I use minion life or life leech for defense?
At the moment I use minion life since at these levels leech is meaningless.
Breach build - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1772123
Last edited by nmc09331 on Apr 11, 2016, 1:25:07 PM
On the subject on minion life for zombies, it only adds about 20%-30% overall life (Q/Lv etc) whereas another damage support will usually give them 50% MORE damage (theres a lot of options to choose from). So i'd usually recommend dropping minion life.

They will die more often (mostly vs perandus mobs) but if something is killing off 80% of their HP, having them deal 50% more damage will prevent them taking damage as well, so it kinda balances out (and clears faster).

I'm switching things up a bit atm, but because I use flame sents I stack -ve fire resist (EE, flammability and/or ele weakness) so monsters often have between 0% and -50% ele fire resist, so added fire damage while it might not seem as good as other things, ends up stacking really well with flame sents. It also means Elemental focus on Spectres "cannot inflict status ailments" has no negative impact because zombies burn is much stronger and the ignites don't stack.
I am so confusedmwith this build. Some times I feel so powerfull, and some times so weak.
Actualy I am reach act 2 Merciless, so I get Flame Sentinel of Act 3 - Cruel.
My problem is again Perandus Chest, or , for example, yesterday, figthing against Malachai or even Daresso. When I am figthing again bosses, they dont kill, my spectres, they directly delete them.

I have revised my gear, and I think its ok.
Desecrate gem is lvl 14, I get Artic Armour and Discipline (I think they dont affect minions, but maybe I am wrong), I am using Enfeeble (Temporal Chain not yet), and even I am using Vaal Grace, but no way.
I am so frutrated with this pj, because sometimes you feel so great, but others you feel so weak...

What do you suggest me? I do not know what I am doing wrong :(

Thx and great work with this guide.
"
nmc09331 wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:

I like to level with the same build I will play end game. It puts me in grave danger, and that is why I often die while leveling. But thats how I have my fun :-)

"
Ghazzy wrote:
Or if you wish, you could use the Knitted Horrors [...] this would allow you to fully utilize Hatred as your damage auras which is the nr 1 dmg provider for zombies and also in this case for those specific spectres

Sounds like a solid plan.
I am a BIG fan of the Echo gem, that melts content with the flame sentinels.
Faster attacks + Projectile Phys + LMP, for damage support of the horrors, should work well, correct?
Also, since they cause bleed, should I consider adding bludlust to the zombies? "(40 to 59)% more Melee Physical Damage against Bleeding enemies" sounds like a good deal.
For spectres, should I use minion life or life leech for defense?
At the moment I use minion life since at these levels leech is meaningless.

Sounds great bro!

I would advice not to use bloodlust as you can't guarantee the bleed uptime.
I'd also recommend going for GMP if any projectile modifying support gem, I'd rather go for full damage increase on them rather than making their already 3 projectiles more, specially if you're going with more spectres. :)

You don't need defensive support gems for your minions if you are going with minion life nodes on the tree. I'd isntead prio Empower for the zombies!

"
Asmosis wrote:
On the subject on minion life for zombies, it only adds about 20%-30% overall life (Q/Lv etc) whereas another damage support will usually give them 50% MORE damage (theres a lot of options to choose from). So i'd usually recommend dropping minion life.

They will die more often (mostly vs perandus mobs) but if something is killing off 80% of their HP, having them deal 50% more damage will prevent them taking damage as well, so it kinda balances out (and clears faster).

I'm switching things up a bit atm, but because I use flame sents I stack -ve fire resist (EE, flammability and/or ele weakness) so monsters often have between 0% and -50% ele fire resist, so added fire damage while it might not seem as good as other things, ends up stacking really well with flame sents. It also means Elemental focus on Spectres "cannot inflict status ailments" has no negative impact because zombies burn is much stronger and the ignites don't stack.

I do like that approach :) Sounds fun!

"
Horcajeño wrote:
I am so confusedmwith this build. Some times I feel so powerfull, and some times so weak.
Actualy I am reach act 2 Merciless, so I get Flame Sentinel of Act 3 - Cruel.
My problem is again Perandus Chest, or , for example, yesterday, figthing against Malachai or even Daresso. When I am figthing again bosses, they dont kill, my spectres, they directly delete them.

I have revised my gear, and I think its ok.
Desecrate gem is lvl 14, I get Artic Armour and Discipline (I think they dont affect minions, but maybe I am wrong), I am using Enfeeble (Temporal Chain not yet), and even I am using Vaal Grace, but no way.
I am so frutrated with this pj, because sometimes you feel so great, but others you feel so weak...

What do you suggest me? I do not know what I am doing wrong :(

Thx and great work with this guide.

Desecrate will affect the capabilities of your Spectres that you summon. Once you reach Act 3 Merciless you will skyrocket in power with the build :)
Till then Perandus boxes can be a bitch I'm afraid =/

Keep in mind that your spectres are an entire difficulty behind in power and a lot lower lvl than "they should" which will be solved once you reach act 3 merciless for the sexy end game spectres!

Thanks bro! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info