[2.4] Lioneye's Avalanche - All Map Mods - 800k SingleTarget DPS

"
Luxperpetua wrote:
What do you think is the minimal level of crit for transition to CoC from leveling skills?

So I just switched at 67 with only a 19.15% chance (and like 62% with power charges). It works, although it's a dice roll - sometimes I get some awkward blast rains that don't crit for sure. It was worth switching for the fun factor regardless.

However, I notice in the screenshots the OP has a 70% crit chance. Is that with or without power charges? If without, I'm nowhere near that obviously. (given it's the 2nd day)
hiho,
first of all, thanks for the great build and guide. the helpfull atmosphere in the thread is amazing. i always wanted to play a coc build, but i really dislike cyclone or discharge buids :>

i got one big problem and im not sure, if its completely normal early in the league and how to solve it:
my crit chance.

u can check my profil. i got crit on almost every piece of gear and i reached ~80% crit chance on blast rain. Now i got a 5L belly and with controlled destruction my crit chance went down to ~72% and it feels really bad. i even took "will of blades" for the extra crit.
i really enjoy the progress while i gear up. every % crit chance is immediately noticable and with ~78% crit chance it feels great.
i decided to switch to EK instead of controlled destruction, not sure if its the right thing to do. but honestly i dont know how to reach 90%+ crit (especially with controlled destruction). is a +1 lioneyes (or very expensive jewels) mandatory to play it smoothly (with controlled destruction)? or is 72% crit with controlled destruction still better than 80% with EK as the fifth link?

p.s. the build is great and i absolutly destroy tier 5 maps on a 4l (no higher map drops yet, but my gear really improved in the last 5hours gameplay, tier 10 maps should be doable)
p.p.s. sorry if its hard to read, no native speaker here :X
Last edited by CheefKaigen on Jun 5, 2016, 10:43:09 PM
"
CheefKaigen wrote:
hiho,
first of all, thanks for the great build and guide. the helpfull atmosphere in the thread is amazing. i always wanted to play a coc build, but i really dislike cyclone or discharge buids :>

i got one big problem and im not sure, if its completely normal early in the league and how to solve it:
my crit chance.

u can check my profil. i got crit on almost every piece of gear and i reached ~80% crit chance on blast rain. Now i got a 5L belly and with controlled destruction my crit chance went down to ~72% and it feels really bad. i even took "will of blades" for the extra crit.
i really enjoy the progress while i gear up. every % crit chance is immediately noticable and with ~78% crit chance it feels great.
i decided to switch to EK instead of controlled destruction, not sure if its the right thing to do. but honestly i dont know how to reach 90%+ crit (especially with controlled destruction). is a +1 lioneyes (or very expensive jewels) mandatory to play it smoothly (with controlled destruction)? or is 72% crit with controlled destruction still better than 80% with EK as the fifth link?

p.s. the build is great and i absolutly destroy tier 5 maps on a 4l (no higher map drops yet, but my gear really improved in the last 5hours gameplay, tier 10 maps should be doable)
p.p.s. sorry if its hard to read, no native speaker here :X

Im just taking a stab at it..
But how many power charges do you have? I was having the same issue until I noticed I missed the power charge from the merc bandit quest and one in the passive tree. I went from like 70% to 90% just fixing that.
7 power charges. 3 from the tree and 1 from the bandits. without charges ~30% crit, with ~80% crit. am i missing something really obvious?
my profil should be public.
Last edited by CheefKaigen on Jun 6, 2016, 1:09:33 AM
Maybe having "Ambush" ascendancy will help you. 100% more crit on full enemy life means guaranteed crit with full power charges.
"
CheefKaigen wrote:
7 power charges. 3 from the tree and 1 from the bandits. without charges ~30% crit, with ~80% crit. am i missing something really obvious?
my Profil should be public.

He posts a very detailed breakdown of where all of his crit comes from on page 20 of thread. Should be easy to find where you are missing from that
Well, been playing in my small spare time this league, so didn't have time to answer.

Let's see:

ruteon
Power charge gain mechanic is power charge on crit + orb of storms 2-link in anywhere you want

It is easy to maintain power charges.

HAPPYGOM
Bladefall is a ranged spell and deals most of our damage. Glacial cascade is for safety against mobs that wander too close. You can perhaps use firestorm instead, but I don't recommend it. Feel free to try.

Schweist
Wow 2k seems low. Give some life nodes, prioritize life and strength on gear.

1PINK2STINK
I used intuitive leap at the left side of the tree on the power charge part at Templar.
Afterwards, I thought gaining a jewel slot will be better and removed it. (At level 86 or 87 I think.)

You can use it at first, but then, there's no need to keep it.

Luxperpetua
Around 70% crit chance with 7 power charges up (for blast rain). Spell critical strike can be lower.

Schweist
In the imgur album you will see the first image:
1- BlastRain Trigger Stats
In that image you can clearly see that the blast rain has 91.8% critical strike chance (this was taken at week 1 of perandus league).

The 70% crit chance you see is bladefall's crit chance, which will be lower than blast rain since we link controlled destruction and take a little bit more crit chance nodes in tree specific to attacks.

CheefKaigen
Controlled destruction only affects your spells mate, not your attacks.
80% crit chance is decent, but to feel really smooth, you need to have 88%+ crit chance on "Blast Rain".

My endgame setup has 95% blast rain crit chance and 80% bladefall crit chance.
Since you have a 5link, you can do bladefall glacial cascade and EK. In a 6link though, especially for bosses I would recommend bladefall glacial cascade linked with controlled destruction and concentrated effect for monster damage.

Another thing, since it is day 3 of the league and you are 82 with not many jewel slots, it is normal for you to have lower crit chance.

+1 power charge corruption on the bow works wonders. 9% base crit chance instead of 8.5% for both the blast rain and the spells. In jewels I think I get around 40% crit chance or so in total among 8 jewels not counting lioneye's fall. Don't worry, if you can clear t9 maps with your setup, you are fine. You are only level 82.
Server was down, triple post, deleted.
Last edited by Mothren on Jun 6, 2016, 10:34:56 AM
Server was down, triple post, deleted.
Last edited by Mothren on Jun 6, 2016, 10:35:11 AM
"
Mothren wrote:

Controlled destruction only affects your spells mate, not your attacks.

no idea what im doing wrong, but if i put the controlled destruction gem in, my blast rain crit drops from 31% to 26% (without power charges). is there a specific order of the gems? i only tried "blast rain => CoC => controlled destruction => bladefall/glacial cascade". havent found a 4/5 link to test the "blast rain => CoC => bladefall/glacial cascade => controlled destruction" order. im trying really hard to find my mistake, there has to be one. if i add up my numbers and the missing crit chance from 4 jewels, im just really far away from 88%+ crit on blast rain (with 7 power charges).

"
Mothren wrote:

80% crit chance is decent, but to feel really smooth, you need to have 88%+ crit chance on "Blast Rain".

thats excactly my problem, no idea how to reach it without the +1 lionseyes. but according to other people it should still be possible (even without a rats nest or starkonjas) to reach 88% or even 90% crit. even with 4 10% global crit jewels im far away from that number.

i really appreciate your help, you do an amazing job!
Last edited by CheefKaigen on Jun 6, 2016, 11:25:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info