[2.2] Varuni's Death Knight (Varunastra - Necromancer melee/block tank)

Finally got my witch high enough to use Varunastra in HC.
Wasn't easy. I think, for most of cruel and merciless, the greater portion of my damage was coming from the counter skills.

Due to low hp throughout most of the game, I had to get help. For most of the bosses. Maybe I could have dealt with some of them solo, and it would have taken me a while, but I simply couldn't afford to mess up and die on a boss before reaching 64.

Additionally, if it wasn't for my guild members, I doubt I would have been able to do the labyrinth. Bone offering is a massive survivability boost.

To cover my spell block, I bought two Reckless defense jewels.
I don't have any mana leech but against trash I don't have any mana issues with Varuni.
I was planning on using a very high armor shield when I reach 70 instead of the one you suggested, and stack armor.

I also modified the gem setups to have Tempest Shield, curse on hit and enfeeble, on top of a normal CWDT Enfeeble + Desecrate. When I have a 5 link, I'll see what I replace this with.

I'll keep you posted when I start mapping. Fun build so far.
Hows the mapping going? thinking of starting this now
Has anyone been working with this build in Prophecy? I'm trying it out currently. (tree below) I'm currently level 49. I'm enjoying the build quite a bit. I've made some changes However. Bypassing most of the ES nodes for HP. Using Spirit Offering instead of Bone Offering.

I have a few questions, why Sunder? I tried EQ, Lacerate and Sunder and I'm finding them all inferior to Cleave.

Also has anyone integrated Zombies into this on a 4l? I'm planning on Zombie + Minion Life + Melee Splash + Multistrike

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAAHnBLMLYREtFCAaPhpVJJsoKi_MMtE26DwFQXRFR0uuTUZQR18_YSFi7GebaPJ2rHk5fIN82X7ihO-FUotPjr6SwZd5m2qbip7Nn8uf36IApzCtja4-r2y-T8BmwYLGrs9-2WHfit-w5FHpAunV6hjr7u8O73zwH_cy900=?accountName=ItchyTastytheRavenor&characterName=DeathKnightElise

Gem Setups
3l Leap Slam + Culling Strike + Riposte
3l Cwdt + Spirit Offering + Flame Dash
4l Zombie ?
4l Cwdt + Culling Strike + Molten Shell + Tempest Shield
4l CWDT + Vulnerability + Punishment + Desacrate
6l Cleave + Melee Physical Damage + Concentrated Effect + Multi-Strike + Added Fire Damage + Faster Attacks

End Goal:

http://www.poeplanner.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

Feedback?
Last edited by ItchyTastytheRavenor on Aug 3, 2016, 11:11:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info