[Storm Call Elementalist]Righteous Caller of the Flames [From 2.2 to 2.4 and still viable]
Welcome to my build that i have been using during Perandus Challenge League. There is no real change in how build works, just a few buffs added. Thanks GGG. Just minor 10% damage nerf (Call of the Brotherhood)
Build Breakdown (For people too lazy to read)
This build utilizes
- Call of the Brotherhood unique Two Stone Ring,
- Cold to Fire gem,
- Avatar of Fire keystone,
to convert every type of elemental damage into fire damage.
The conversion is calculated separately for each element, when adding one type of elemental damage it checks for sources of conversion and then proceeds to convert damage. If the sum of conversion values exceeds 100% then all sources are equally reduced to match exactly 100%.
In this case,
Lightning damage -> 40% to cold (Call of the Brotherhood) + 50% to fire (Avatar of Fire)
Cold damage -> 100% to fire (50% Cold to fire + 50% Avatar of Fire)
Fire damage -> No conversion
- Because then we can use Mastermind of Discord node from Elementalist granting a 25% fire penetration when the lightning skill is used. With fire penetration gem we can end with 62% (vaal corruption will lead to 65%) fire penetration.
- Using Paragon of Calamity with this type of build will grant you damage bonus from any element you have been hit by. So in fact you can get over 90% increased damage from this keystone if you have been hit by all elemental damage types recently.
(It is not 120% because cold damage is there only in form of 40% of lightning).
- This setup would work with almost any lightning skill. Just the links and the passive tree should be adjusted in a different way.
- Using Cloak of Flame with Paragon of Calamity will grant you almost 100% uptime of 40% fire damage boost and also the 8% reduced fire damage taken which works with RF degen.
- Watch out for reflect really hard. With this much penetration it hurts like hell. (That´s what she said). Rise of the Phoenix and Paragon of Calamity solves this but it is still only a partial mitigation.
- Any curse immune or less recovery maps will slow you down due to high mana cost.
- DO NOT upgrade your gear with ES on it if you want to use RF, this will increase damage taken.
- There is no point in rushing for avatar of fire until you have Call of The Brotherhood.
- If you happen to find a really good jewel, you can equip him literally at any time because of pathing.
- As a first curse i used Warlords Mark as soon as i was able (this requires buying it, it is not obtainable for Witch in any other way).
Classic start for casters.
At this point i would recommend rushing elemental overload because it really helps in leveling process. With that little crit chance you will gain more damage than from crits themselves.
Because base AoE of storm call is not really big, we will grab area nodes and life/mana while we are here. You have two options to get there. I chose crit path to ensure my elemental overload will proc more often, also there is a jewel slot nearby.
The other option is not bad at all. If you have some spell crit chance on your gear, you are fine. You will save 1 point for traveling if you dont want the jewel slot and earn extra stats and interruption avoidance.
Now we can get into a templar area. Storm Weaver grants more damage than Explosive Impact even with 1 less node for you.
You can get these nodes too but you have to cut off something else. For me it seems like wasting of points.
At this points i will asume that you already have the unique ring. Added Avatar of Fire and additional curse. You can choose between Enfeeble, Temporal Chains of Flammability, depends how safe you feel.
This should be the core tree. There is a lot of options around. It really just depends what do you want.
- Pendulum of Destruction and Mastermind of Discord are mandatory for this build.
--My choice for another 4 points will be Paragon of Calamity and Liege of Primordial.
- PoC buff is really awesome for this build since it almost completely mitigates elemental reflect. Still not recommend doing reflect maps, especially with sea witches
- Liege of Primordial boosts damage significantly by allowing you to run 2 golems.
-- I am running flame and stone golem while using RF, otherwise flame and lightning golem.
State of this Exile (20th August, 2016)
Main skill: Storm Call
Current tree: Make sure you are logged in!
Maximum tooltip average damage*: 23,6k per mark (with 0,2sec cast time and 0,8sec duration it is 94,4k per pulse) -> 118k DPS
* When these boost are active: RF, Elemental Overload and Pendulum of Destruction, Flame Golem. Remember that this does not include fire penetration and Paragon elemental bonuses.
Total unmitigated damage: ~155,8k damage per pulse to enemies with 0% fire resistance
Buffs: Wrath, Purity of Fire, (Herald of Thunder only for maps where RF is not possible)
Curses of choice: Enfeeble, Warlords Mark (because damage is not a problem)
Golem: Earth Golem (protection + works great with righteous fire) and Flame Golem (damage boost)
Jewel mod priority: Life, Fire Damage, Area damage
Bandits: Oak - Kill - Kill
Current main skill: Storm Call - Spell Echo - Less Duration - Cold to Fire - Fire Penetration
- Elemental Focus
Curse setup: Orb of Storms - Curse on Hit - Enfeeble - Warlords Mark
Movement: Lightning Warp - Faster Casting - Less Duration
Golem: Earth Golem - Fortify - Flame Golem
Searing Bond - Increased Burning Damage - Elemental Focus
- I have chosen Searing Bond over Flame Totem just to have another meatshield active.
Last edited by dawe45 on Jun 27, 2017, 4:07:21 PM
Last bumped on Aug 4, 2017, 7:35:58 PM
on Mar 14, 2016, 2:44:28 PM
Very interesting use of MoD and I really like the idea. Awesome way to convert your damage to full fire. I sat here for about 10 minutes trying to make sure you had 100% conversion and you do :)
Great build and I'm curious to see how it turns out in end game.
on Mar 14, 2016, 7:42:57 PM
Just got into maps. Very smoothly I can say. I was lucky that cadiro sold me cowards trial so I ran this as a first map. I must say I am quite satisfied with this build so far.
It promises much more in endgame. From this point on the tree I am just missing around 6 jewel slots and some life nodes.
I am just not sure if i want to pick shaper of desolation and go Carcass Jack for extra AoE or Paragon of Calamity and go with Cloak of Flame for another % damage.
EDIT: Probably Cloak of Flames because it also negates lots of damage with Paragon of Calamity.
Last edited by dawe45 on Mar 15, 2016, 3:46:51 AM
on Mar 15, 2016, 1:57:00 AM
Curious if you've considered Lightning Coil. Rolling three off colors on Cloak would be a bit harder than rolling two on Coil. But I suppose getting another 60% lightning res would be just as hard.
Great to hear that maps are going well. Have you picked up Elemental Overload yet? How is that working out?
on Mar 15, 2016, 10:49:05 AM
Yea, with this amount of uniques needed to complete build it is really hard to cap resistances.
The thing is that the damage taken as lightning is not converted so it is much better to use cloak of flame due to high fire resistance i am planning to have.
Also it is much harder to roll blue sockets on coil because it has 96 str and 96 dex requirement while the cloak has just 55 int.
I have picked Overload as soon as i was able, it is great boost for leveling.
Last edited by dawe45 on Mar 15, 2016, 1:32:37 PM
on Mar 15, 2016, 1:26:18 PM
Passive tree and damage output updated.
Last edited by dawe45 on Mar 15, 2016, 3:12:25 PM
on Mar 15, 2016, 2:39:16 PM
Good setup. But i think you should mention that it would also work with other ligtning skills perfect, you just need to adjust less duration^^. The worst thing maybe arc and shock nova cause those two get extra shock chance that get lost through conversion.
Just seen your skill tree and do you intend to use the remaining 2 ascension points on golems, elemental conflux or the defense buff.
I think conflux is not needed for storm call because it kills to fast, and if you choose golems i think a fire golem gives you more adventage then the flat life regen bonus from the earth golem.
And i would switch herald of storm for any defense aura like either disciplin or purity of fire.
on Mar 15, 2016, 5:13:22 PM
Yea I will mention that. For those two skills i would use the conflux to ensure shock or even the three dragons helmet works :).
I was thinking of using Paragon of Calamity + Cloak of Flame to ensure 100% uptime of that 40% damage to element. All elements would increase my output alot and the additional defense is good.
Earth golem is in all ways good defensive boost and at this point he gives me about 33% of my total life regen. This could mean that i dont have to use purity of fire later when i start using righteous fire (not because its not time but because i have still around 600 energy shield that would really screw my sustaining of RF). And the multiplier from RF overshadows the golem buff by a lot.
Maybe later i will switch to more defensive buffs but now i am sitting at 3,8k health with reasonable defences.
Anyway thanks for your feedback :)
Last edited by dawe45 on Mar 16, 2016, 5:02:21 PM
on Mar 15, 2016, 5:57:09 PM
Reached 4k life mark.
Running T4 - T6 maps without problems.
Problem with reflect almost solved with Rise of the Phoenix.
Still no courage to do merciless labyrinth due to strong lags.
on Mar 16, 2016, 5:16:10 PM
Looking at the Weapon you are using, how far is nearby? I was just thinking about Lightning tendrils being a possibility.
on Mar 17, 2016, 11:40:47 AM