[2.4] Mines over Matter - Lightning Warp Finally Viable!

Congratulations on your wedding! Nice to know that not all PoE players are guys living in their mom's basement. :D (jk)

Whats your take on a 5L tremor vs a 5L +3 staff or a 6L +2 staff with added damage? Basically, could u give us a ranking list of which staves you'd use?
"
Fire309 wrote:
Whats your take on a 5L tremor vs a 5L +3 staff or a 6L +2 staff with added damage? Basically, could u give us a ranking list of which staves you'd use?

I feel like I did that in the original post, but sure.

From best to worst:
Tremor Rod
+3 Staff
Good +2 staff, or good +1 all gems staff with leveled Empower
1hander + Shield

I have both a 6l tremor rod and a +3 lightning staff, and after extensive use of both, the increased mine laying speed on Tremor Rod is just more fun to play with. It clears trash better, and less time spent in mine drop animation is more time available to run. Any loss of damage vs bosses is made up for by the increase in survivability from being able to gtfo more quickly when they direct scary attacks at you.

Get a Tremor rod for cheap and use the money you would have spent buying a +3 staff to help 6link the tremor rod.

On a different note, 2.5.0 is about to come out, and nothing in the patch notes indicates anything build breaking. Aylardex did get buffed a little bit, making the Blast Cascade node and power charges more appealing. The more I think about it, the more I dislike doing a crit CI version of this build, I've looked for a while now and still haven't found a version that appeals to me. Kitava's Thirst on the other hand opens up options to automate detonate mines and curses in the helmet slot, eliminating need for both the totem and Orb of Storms. If I do a new version of the build, it likely not be a trickster.
"
pieceofsoap wrote:
Kitava's Thirst on the other hand opens up options to automate detonate mines and curses in the helmet slot, eliminating need for both the totem and Orb of Storms. If I do a new version of the build, it likely not be a trickster.

You tease, I love 1 button builds. Inquisitor + pious path? Not that I'd be able to afford a Kitava's anyways.
Edit: Actually Kitava's is not the expensive item I thought it was. I'm way more interested.

Thinking of playing this in 2.5,

Couple random thoughts I had on possible itemization alternatives:
1) Tremor rod stats are global, other than the remote mine support. Right? So if you wanted to get funky you could wield a tremor rod, but put LW in a Bron's. Orb must be self cast, so it can be in the Tremor Rod and will ignore the RM support (unless it is just won't work at all).
2) Double Divinarius could give up to +140% increased spell damage, + 20% radius + crit
3) Crafting +3 bows is easier than staffs, albeit more difficult to color. However, they additionally allow the use of Saemus' Gift which is a nice lightning quiver. Could alternatively use a tempest bow.

On the tree:
1) There are a couple of 2pt jewel sockets I'd think it'd be worth dropping the Written In Blood wheel for if you could get some nice jewels.
2) Is Fang's of the Viper worth it for just the +5% move speed and +20 dex?
3) Is Sancity not worth it for the +1% health regen +10 int and +10 str?
Last edited by JeepersCreepers on Nov 30, 2016, 2:00:28 PM
Give the build a try, its a lot of fun.

As for your comments:
I mentioned Bronn's in the initial post, its a great piece, but coloring it for LW would be a nightmare. Yes, Orb of storms will work in Tremor Rod without being laid as a mine, so it does work. If you can get at least 5 off color sockets in a Bronns, you are effectively trading the innate Remote Mine gem for a +2 levels on LW. Its super messy, and I'd rather just run LW in the tremor, and wear a Carcass Jack to increase the LW overlap area.

Those are my staves. My +3 staff has plenty of crit, spell damage, and still loses to Tremor Rod. Neither Divi nor Bows are as good as that +3 staff, let alone Tremor. In a Kitavas build a lot of links get freed up, so some kind of funky bow or dagger build could work, but those need to be build around in a framework other than this build.

As for crit in general, I want to make it work, and the Blast Cascade node makes Power Charges easily managable, but without sacrificing either defensive nodes or mine utility nodes, it simply doesn't offer a significant advantage in damage compared to Elemental Overload. Now, if we take Orb of Storms out of the equation and put in Kitavas, EO gets less attractive, and crit more appealing respectively. Then again Kitavas changes the build concept completely, to the point of removing one of the two primary advantages of LW, its free mana cost.

Jewels are good if you have good jewels. Slot em if you got em. I don't feel the need to tell people to slot jewels they don't have, so I don't plan the skill tree around them.

Dex is a bottleneck on the skill tree, more so if you decide to run grace in an essence worm. I'm getting full use out of the +20 dex, so why not get +5% move speed along with it?

Sanctity isn't really worth it. Strength is bottlenecked, yes, but its no more strength than a node that paths to something more useful. Life regen isn't being stacked in the build, so that gain isn't significant.
Did my own version, found your guide while searching infos for Kitava. Then i stopped everything got captivated read the guide and loved it (humour, clever, funny interresting)

I finally dropped Kitava: you cannot precast line with kitava and having to pay no mana is stupidly good for NO regen T14.

Tough i did build way differently, playing HC.

First iteration was 1990 Hp 2200 mana, gone up to t13 deathless. Second and current iteration: less dps and 3.3k HP. Will do some highlights if your interested. (First time to that tier of map with so low HP. ) im loving LW mines! Its super slow clear speed, but for rippy bosses its a different story, loved it!

And congratulations on your wedding to both of you
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
So, I mentioned trying a CI or low life crit version, and I finally got around to building a Kitava's Thirst guardian on standard.
Heres some of the goodies:
Spoiler

Try as I might, I have not been able to get an ES/Crit variation to come close to MoM. Even with guardian mana stacking (Also boosts ES making it workable without a shield) I couldn't keep up with the mana demand. Kitavas Thirst was a neat idea too, but in practice its 30% activation rate is simply too unreliable, and ends up wasting mines. Finally, while I had great quantities of ES with that tasty Pain attunement node and Shavs, ES isn't that great when you can't leech, and its hard to really get ES regen without doing something funky with Patient Reaper and DoT.

ES and crit was slower, did less damage per hit, was less survivable, and detonated mines less reliably than Life/Mana MoM and EO. If someone has a better idea on how to actually make it work, let me know, because I've all but given up.

In other news, I'm slowly working on an update to the original post, but there shouldn't be anything revolutionary until GGG puts out a different method of detonating mines, or some kind of LW threshold jewel, or something along those lines. We will see if 2.6.0 changes the game significantly. I'm considering running this build again solo self found when Legacy hits as my league starter, if I bother with SSF at all. We'll see how the update pans out.

/Edit:
Been doing some updating to the original post, hit the 50,000 character limit and have had to cut some things. Not done editing, will need to do more later, including re-doing the math sections to take into account the nerf to the Less Duration gem.
Last edited by pieceofsoap on Feb 20, 2017, 2:57:44 PM
Hey man,
I tried your build once a long time back as HC life build. but died at 67 :(

But i started the breach league late, and wanted to try LW mines again.
I started as life and got to 92 fairly quickly :)
Then i started messing around and went low-life crit with call of the brotherhood and voidbringer gloves.
Using elemental weakness and temp chain in curse and auras: arctic amour, herald of thunder and wrath in gloves.
Getting enough stats on gear, was hard so i had to get a neck with 175 stats total, instead of Chayula.

I had a hard time not dying without stun immunity though :/ especially in breaches. And my totem seemed to die a lot as well, so i picked up the 15% totem placement node. Sooooo worth it.

But in groups or with a support the spec was amazing, freezing and shocking in T14 maps :)
I think that i would need to get 6 links for this setup to be better (1 more dmg gem in weapon and one more curse in chest would be sick), and a few levels wouldnt hurt either, since a lot of good nodes are nearby.

A chest to consider for life builds is Cospris Will for tripple curse and hexproof penetration.

Here is a link to my build:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAAZ3CNQJIA18DdEOSA6OEQ8RLxFQEZYRwhhqGyUbyB0UH1sgbiL0I18pTyoLKwo1uTwFPV9BlkV8RblJsUuuTINMs1AwUlNTMVRiV5RYB1jlWrlca13yY0Nmnmu3bAhsC20ZcFFwUnDUc210gXZveC9713zlfrB_xoKbhEiEd4V9idOLDow2jHaOZI9GkyeXlZeXl_SaO5uhndmePJ_foEOhL6Kjo6OnK6yYrrO0DLQ4tvq3Mbd1vorBxcHzw23K08_d0B_Q9dWm18_YVNlb217b5-OE5RnpAuq67TzuFe9874jv6_D58Yr3pvfX-Tf5pPrS-_U=
IGN : @Xis_
With the changes made to aoe scaling and no radius buffs for lightning warp.. Are we dead in the water now or is there a slim hope?
We are not dead.

The changes to area are easy to calculate considering the area of a circle is A = πr², so just solving for that and plugging in the new passive skill numbers that GGG put out let us get a solid handle on how AoE changed.

As it is now, 35% increased skill radius equals 82% increased Area, which is what we get on the passive tree. Looking at the changes coming, the passive skill tree will be getting 60% increased area in place of 35% increased skill radius, and Carcass Jack will stay at 20% increased Area.

After the patch, LW mines with a carcass jack will be almost identical to LW mines without a carcass jack in the current state of the game. Considering that people played LW mines without a CJ before, the build isn't dead. And if we are really lucky, we will get a unique or jewel or something that offers an alternate method of detonating mines, in which case we will be even better than before.

Heres hoping!
Ooh, those nodes are better than I was expecting, +100 base mana and 64% increased maximum mana? Yes please!

Those will be great with the +1 curse Aylardex I just got.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info