{3.0} Necronomicon / Raise Spectre Monster Info...[The Unofficial Minion Wiki]

Cannibal Fire-Eaters seems to spawn 100% in Plateau.
I've been using Carnage Chieftains on a breach character of mine. Linking them with Blood Magic or granting them addional mana regen through Clarity or Rallying Cry doesn't seem to me to be affecting how frequently they use their frenzy generating skill. I don't think they're limited by their mana at all and I think it's been like that since 1.0.0. Link: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/13727/page/20#p5001606

They seem to always spawn in Thicket maps and so far I've noticed that I've been able to desecrate them in the Peninsula, Castle Ruins, Orchard, Terrace and Ashen Wood maps (Ashen Woods almost always has blood chieftains though, the kind of monkey that doesn't grant frenzy charges, making raising carnage spectres there slightly more tedious).

I'm gonna put this character on hold for a while now so I probably wont be able to provide a more complete list of maps where carnage chieftains are desecratable any time soon but thought I'd share what I had at the moment.
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
Any1 tried those firestorm enemies (Lavianga's Acolyte) from kaom's dream? they use firestorm (though wiki says they use molten strike. check poedb instead of wiki) and melt enemies when setup right with "spell echo + iaoe/conc + ele foc + cont dest (swap for faster casting cause they are slow casters) + min damage".
Last edited by rCan9 on Jan 8, 2017, 2:15:24 AM
please delete this, I fixed my aura's around to be able to run all 3
Last edited by bvanharjr on Jan 14, 2017, 12:46:17 PM
Amazingly helpful guide. Thanks!
Question, is Undying Incinerator 100% fire damage or does it have a physical component too?

"
rCan9 wrote:
Any1 tried those firestorm enemies (Lavianga's Acolyte) from kaom's dream? they use firestorm (though wiki says they use molten strike. check poedb instead of wiki) and melt enemies when setup right with "spell echo + iaoe/conc + ele foc + cont dest (swap for faster casting cause they are slow casters) + min damage".

I tried them once, but they dont cast firestorm very frequently so found them unreliable. Flame sents biggest asset is that it only has fireballs to attack with, anything that has a melee alt attack can derp quite badly a lot.
Last edited by Asmosis on Jan 27, 2017, 3:47:39 AM
This is great and all. But as someone who wants to start being a summoner and having read the mechanics, What's a good summoner build to start with in 2.5?

I've heard of revenant, golems, and auramancers but that's all I know. What other summoner archetypes are there?
What are the pro's and con's? Which builds are considered basic and are good ways of understanding summoner more?

I'm looking to get into summoner for what's left of this league and for next league.
I'm not sure if its a one off, but i got flame sentinels via desecrate on Pier map, and they didn't spawn at all normally. It didn't have any "inhabited by xxxx" mods on the map either.
Do the curse spectre's count towards your curse limit? If you have only 1 curse, will your blasphemy overwrite spectre curses?
Last edited by SasquatchBrah on Jan 29, 2017, 1:50:17 PM
"
SasquatchBrah wrote:
Do the curse spectre's count towards your curse limit? If you have only 1 curse, will your blasphemy overwrite spectre curses?

Spectre's use their own curse limit, which in all cases is 1, which is a bit awkward with spectre's that cast more than 1 curse. They also follow the same curse limit rules as players.

So yeah, if you have a limit of 1 curse and run blasphemy then you'll overwrite your spectres' curse with your own.
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info