2.2+ Spark Build (100% Crit Strike) by LumiunousSpark

What is this build?

This is a spark main damage with vSpark as a support. Its for the average poor man. Cost about 2 EX. You can run it at 3.2k hp but recommend at least 3.5k. The best part about this build is you can chain grind. Without stopping your momentum like most builds do when trying to set up the damage.

Whats the gear requirement and how should I purchase items to get to end game

This is my Gear, its very cheap in my opinion and could be enhanced, but this is a budget build for your average player

Gear/Potions/Jewels 3/29

Potions

Jewels

What are your links?

The Links.

I will be updating this once I get level 20 gems so you can get a clear idea of how the set up should work with different 6link. (3/20)

Spoiler

Unbuffed

Buffed

How did you do your skill points and what Bandits did you take?
Which Ascendancy is the best option?

Skill Points

Bandits: Oak - passive - passive

Ascendancy: Deadeye first then Beseker.
Reason being is Deadeye gives you that 20% projecile speed which allows the spark to hit the targets faster and if you in an area that is a small room most like

1-25

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABABmKLag1kkrIX7Buqm-edweC5IMJhxOKr5ARlwabtZyksZC18rfWvrzDOsSiykrYvdtZ

25-50

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAAMeBx4OSA-rEZYWvxmKH0EkiyaVKgsrCi2oNZJJUUrIVUtd8l-wYeJknW6qb55wUncHguSDCYcTidOKr4w2j_qQEZUulwabtZyksZC18rfWvrzDOsSiykrYvdtZ6_Xw1fId

50-80

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAAMeA-4FQgceDkgPqw_EEZYWvxmKHYMdvh9BJIsmlSoLKjgrCi0fLagwWzOHNZI7fD8nQYdBlklRSshMs1VLWW1d8l-YX7Bh4mJaZJ1uqm-ecFJ3B3vDf8aCx4LkgwmExYcTidOKr4w2j_qQEZUglS6Vh5cGm7WcpKKjrJeus7GQtfK3PrfWuMq7476AvrzB88M6xKLKSs8y0PXYvdtZ35jr9fDV8h356P4K_ro=

End Game

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAAMeA-4EBwVCBx4OSA5cD6sPxBBYES8Rlha_FvMZih2DHb4fQSBuJIsmPCaVKgsqOCsKLJwtHy2oL50wWzOHNZI64Tt8PydBh0GWRX5JUUmxSshMs03jUDBVS1ltXfJfmF-wYeJiWmSdavpuqm-ecFJ2EXcHe8N_xoLHguSDCYPbhMWHE4nTiq-MNo_6kBGTJ5UglS6Vh5cGm7WcpKEvoqOmV6yXrrOxkLXytz631rjKuZO7476Avoq-vMHzwwnDOsSiykrPMtAf0PXXz9i921nfmOv174jv6_DV8h3yRfk3-ej-Cv6P_ro=

How should I gear or what should I look for when buying items?
Item breakdown and reasoning

This item is your bread and butter. You will need to purchase this as soon as possible as it allows you to freeze/shatter everything including many of the most annoying rares in the game. This also eliminates the Spiker aoe damage when jumping into their packs as you shatter them so they cant burst spine you to death.

The new changes to increase critical strike chance is amazing in 2.2. This gem will allow you to get up to 70% crit chance without any buffs and with 3 power charges you will have 90% crit chance.

These gloves allow you to get max damage out of the vaal spark gem and any gem socket into it. Also it help with getting you to that soft critical strike cap.

These boots are not the best but the enchant is must have when running voidbringers as you wont have any type of mana sustain.

Updated helm, You want the enchant that allow projectile speed. A sub would be projectile damage.
I also would recommend the reduce mana reserve purity of lightning.

What is this build?
How to gear

-25+ Crit Multi
-50+ Spell Crit Chance
-Attack Speed: 1.6+
-40+ Spell Damage
If lucky: get Increase lighting damage to spells.

-70+ Max Life
-Duo Res 30+
-30+ Increase Rarity.

-40+ Spell damage
-80+ Critical Strike Chance for spells
-80+ Life
-Increase cast speed 8% (crafting)
-1x 40+ res or duo res.

-30 Increase Movement speed
-80+ Max Life
-Chaos Res
-1x 40+ res or duo res.

This ring slot can actually be replaced by Andvarius
Spoiler

-30+ Rarity Found
-50+ Life
-30+ duo res.

-70+ Max Life
-30+ duo res
-5+ Movement speed
-Flask Charges if possible.

-35+ Crit Multiplier
-10%+ Cast Speed
-50+ Max Life
-1x Res
-Critical Strike Chance.

Do you have videos that show case the build and how to deal with certain bosses?v

What are your future plans?
Skill Testing

Swapped curse on hit and used blaspheme + Assassin Mark / Herald of Thunder.
Pros: Up time of power charges are always max
Cons: Have to use 3 Passive on mana reduce and low Mana when running voidbringers.
Last edited by Skyies on Apr 2, 2016, 12:21:59 PM
Last bumped on Mar 13, 2018, 10:33:53 AM
any tips on how to gem/gear while your leveling?
All gem you should be able to buy minus the assassin mark.

The gear is pretty straight forward. Its not all that expensive. I got lucky in Panderus league and found 3 tabula from Calidro.

You want to make sure you get an early 5L for 2-5c early in a league. Use the vendor recipe for chaos once you start mapping. The gear I used is pretty cheap. You just need to use poe trade to its fullest potential.
Is this HC viable?
Last edited by minkami98 on Mar 22, 2016, 3:43:36 AM
Can you say more about the Gem link setups? I'd like to hear about the Herald of Ice setup in particular, but your reasoning on all the sets would be very helpful for me.
IGN: Tytralia
so there is literally no way to play this unless you get that enchant on boots right? and yeah wadup with that HoI setup lol
Last edited by idrgz on Mar 23, 2016, 7:15:27 PM
"
idrgz wrote:
so there is literally no way to play this unless you get that enchant on boots right? and yeah wadup with that HoI setup lol
Yup, im playing that Build just with another Skilltree for now, took the small Mana gain on Kill wheel (Thrill Killer), and being spamming Mana Flask, on packs of Mobs is ok but against Solo mobs (Rares / Uniques) its quite hard and you have to kite sometimes.

Its a fun Build, but with Cheap gear & without Call of Brotherhood its hard.. died 193 times so far.
@pikmin264: This is 100% Hardcore Viable after you get Call of the Brotherhood ring. Although you must have a support class if you are running -max res and any maps above tier 13+.

There are some bosses I would avoid of course being hard core.

@minkami98: Decent build but your weapons are a bit slow. I would still recommend going shield as you can enchant it with 8% cast speed and still get the same benefits from a dagger, not to mention you have a block chance.

@Cheshire3o8
Spoiler

so the link in this helm kind of is straight forward. When your sparks kill an enemy it will shatter dealing damage to near by mobs. Ice bite is a nice bit as it will have a 15% chance to freeze the additional mobs and if they also get shatter by Herald of Ice you will have a 68% chance to get a frenzy charge. Your spells will also deal 20% additional damage to these frozen packs. Innervate is pretty fancy as you get 15% shock bonus. Now if you have Call of the Brotherhood you have 100% chance to shock an enemy who are frozen which mean you are double dipping in the chance of shock which increase your damage to said targets. With Innervate you get onslaught when killing a shock target so you are almost always guarantee the additional Attack/Cast Speed from it.

Imagine you are running into a pack and you cast spark. The first mob that dies will shatter hitting everything else. They either frozen and shocked or they get hit by another spark projectile which force them to shatter also. You cause a chain reaction which basically shatters everything on the screen. You can see in my video that this link is important as it gives amazing clear speed and it Crowd Controls all packs you come into and many rares can be frozen.

*I've changed the Added chaos damage to Culling strike as I did not have the correct colors at the time of post.

@idrgz: If you do not get the enchants on the boot you will need to either 1: run clarity, 2: run a mana potion instead of Quicksilver Flask 3: Dont use voidebringers.

@Virti: I agree Virti, the build is almost stapled once you get Brotherhood. I believe I've died 20 times so far only because I got impatience and wanted to test certain map mods with this build.
i just think that people didnt knew that HoI can interact with gems like that:) i still personally dont understand how does culling strike work with HoI lol.

btw what do you think about victarios aquity amulet for free charges?
Last edited by idrgz on Mar 24, 2016, 6:55:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info