PvP Tooltip DPS Calulator - backed up by answers from GGG

"

^ QR Seems Pretty accurate.

Libriiiii is terrible at maths tho.

Approx 954.09 damage per arrow *7 =
6678.63 Damage Per Volley.

Big Thanks, I've been trying to hunt for this for a looooooong~~~ Time.

Edit

^+3 bow
1230.90 Per arrow *6 =
7385.4 Damage Per Volley

Edit 2

The QR Calculations are close, but when tested in game pvp, it hits for aprox 6-8k, however +3
Spoiler
definitely doesn't hit for 12k +. Math is hard. / Brain hurts.
< Problem Solved, Numbers were wrong.

This is very close to accurate. However in actual game, its approximately 10-20% More.

Edit 3

Theatrically a +3 bow with Renegade +10% fire pen, vaaled to +1 arrow can hit up to 9829.89 Per Volley. & (10-20% more in actual game)
^Nice to know.

EDIT
As of 2.01 -> 2.02 EA T damage vaule is changed from 0.4 -> 0.2

713 per arrow *7 = 4991 Total Damage Per Volley

But I can Volley Vannle (mara with Zerker) 10%+ intake, at 7.1k+ Damage.

This Math is difficult.
[Gear & Club] ¯\(°_°)/¯ #1 Professional Afk Club /2133058
[Hideout] New Oriath /2505008
[Pvp Trophy] PVP #1 EU & US EA /1591888 | | BM EA /1431163
[Dead] PSC La /1682118, Build BM PA /1296491, BM IG LL ST /1121092, Shop /874905
"God's in his Heaven, All's right with the world!" IGN: Libritannia
Last edited by 1Tokimeki2003 on Mar 14, 2016, 12:09:51 PM
Updated the calculator so it shows more details and a graph of the results, have fun and give me some feedback! If you can please post screenshots of actual tests, thanks!
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Looking good, all information that matters to me is there now :)
To be a complete pvp calculation, I think only block and block reduction is missing. This might be of interest to some people.

I found 1 bug however:
In the columns of non-crit and critical pvp damage, the critical pvp damage = non crit pvp damage * multiplier. This can't be correct, since the critical hit is higher than the non-crit hit, it should have been reduced more.

As test I put in 10000/10000 pve damage with T=1, crit multiplier 200 and 50% resists. This gave the result below.

Damage per hit in PvP
Non-critical hit
Critical hit
Average combined damage:
Minimum combined damage:
Maximum combined damage:
"
Runaway_Fixer wrote:
Looking good, all information that matters to me is there now :)
To be a complete pvp calculation, I think only block and block reduction is missing. This might be of interest to some people.

I found 1 bug however:
In the columns of non-crit and critical pvp damage, the critical pvp damage = non crit pvp damage * multiplier. This can't be correct, since the critical hit is higher than the non-crit hit, it should have been reduced more.

As test I put in 10000/10000 pve damage with T=1, crit multiplier 200 and 50% resists. This gave the result below.

Damage per hit in PvP
Non-critical hit
Critical hit
Average combined damage:
Minimum combined damage:
Maximum combined damage:

Don't know why block should be added. It can be counted as a straight less multiplier on average, but displaying it in the tooltip would be weird imo.

The thing about the critical hits you mentioned is intended to work like that, I think critmulti is added after the pvp formula reduction, like resistances and other multiplicative modifiers (increased/reduced damage taken).

( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I just always assumed that the pvp damage reduction was done after the critical multiplier because the opposite would be so absurdly imbalanced. It's so obvious that it would be unbalanced, that I could not imagine it to be so. But yeah, since all other kinds of multipliers are also done after pvp damage reduction, which is pretty bonkers as well, it actually makes sense. It's also a good explanation of why physical damage RT without any multipliers is so incredibly weak in pvp.
Bump, big changes, re-wrote many calculations, please test again!

Got answers from GGG, check the original post for quotes.
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I like the crit/non crit comparison graph. So I can look at the very bottom at non crit damage and waaaaaaaaaay at the top of the graph to see my projected crit damage if I was crit.

crit

non crit
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
It really depends on the Critmulti value used. The recent changes actually made the difference between crits and noncrits smaller compared to before when it was directly as much more as you entered in the calculator, I just didnt draw it then.
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I know I'm just being a smart ass. You've done a really good job on this tool and we all appreciate your efforts.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
I tested with some quick generic data input to see if I could find any weird behavior, but the numbers went up and down as expected. Nice work.

I don't think we've fully gotten to the bottom of the pvp damage calculation yet, because of the following:

If the pvp damage formulas are applied after all other modifiers (this might be a recent change, and a very good one then), there is no reason for treating physical and elemental damage different. Since if it is at that point being treated differently, it creates some aberrations.

A quick example calculation of the abberation you can get with 5.000 pve dps after modifiers:
A) Pure elemental damage per hit, 1 hit per second, 10.000-10.000 damage, no crits/armor/evasion/resists taken into account, with 25% elemental reflect penetration vs 75% resists: 5.000 pve dps & 1.512 pvp dps according to the calculator.
B) Pure physical damage per hit, 1 hit per second, 5.000-5.000 damage, no crits/armor/evasion/resists taken into account, with 25% elemental reflect penetration vs 75% resists: 5.000 pve dps & 1.186 pvp dps according to the calculator.
C) Mixed elemental and physical damage per hit, 1 hit per second, 2.500-2.500 physical damage + 5.000-5.000 elemental damage, no crits/armor/evasion/resists taken into account, with 25% elemental reflect penetration vs 75% resists: 5.000 pve dps & 1.789 pvp dps according to the calculator.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info