[2.2] CI Rain of Arrows Trickster - Chaos Conversion (WIP)

I really like the look of this build, I hope you'll continue to update and support it! :D
i would suggest if u really wanted to take the damage received conversion, it is much better to have Cloak of Defiance rather than Cloak of Flame. It has eva, much more es, and if u can get a legacy one, your damage mitigation will much-much better
IGN: JagdGard, Gisena, Reivelt, ManamiKato

The only limitation to you is in your head
"
Azmizaqi wrote:
i would suggest if u really wanted to take the damage received conversion, it is much better to have Cloak of Defiance rather than Cloak of Flame. It has eva, much more es, and if u can get a legacy one, your damage mitigation will much-much better

Well, that is an interesting thought, although with the actual mana cost of auras + skills that would be bad, since the mitigation from mana wouldn't take much effect and the part that took would eventually give us mana issues. This build actually has mana issues atm when not leeching. But Cloak of Defiance could be an interesting choice if the auras were rearranged and/or some passive points were changed. Thanks for the idea!

"
SpookedMuffin wrote:
I really like the look of this build, I hope you'll continue to update and support it! :D

Right now I'm leveling an Earthquake character on Perandus Softcore, but as soon as the league ends (or I get bored from the EQ char) I'll continue to try stuff! With the currency injection I'll get from Perandus stash I might even try some of the chests I mentioned on the guide.
I whas thinking long time to make use of that bow and

I gess its way harder to do then you build but ther are other uniqs this days that have more direct benefits the one i chose to combine..

I made you a skill tree, its rather flexible to some pathing considering auras, flask, more global damge or chaos damage or even duelist leech and difrent ascendency. With Global damage you can have loot of benefits from Added Chaos suport gem then sky roketing general bow damage more so becouse bow dont have mach to begine with.

Skill Tree
Last edited by nEVER_BoRN on May 21, 2016, 6:08:43 PM
"
nEVER_BoRN wrote:
I made you a skill tree, its rather flexible to some pathing considering auras, flask, more global damge or chaos damage or even duelist leech and difrent ascendency. With Global damage you can have loot of benefits from Added Chaos suport gem then sky roketing general bow damage more so becouse bow dont have mach to begine with.

Skill Tree

I've looked up that tree and it looks pretty viable. I lack the math to compare the efficiency ratio between Projectile Damage to Physical Damage, but I've compared the trees and achieved this (correct me if I'm wrong, maybe I overlooked something).

Compared to mine, your tree has:

+95% Projectile Damage
+10% Projectile Speed (good for Rain of Arrows)
-390% Physical Damage
-80% Chaos Damage
+1% Attack Speed
+30 Flat Accuracy
+30% Accuracy Rating

+6 Flat Energy Shield
+20% Max Energy Shield
+50 Flat Evasion
+14% Max Evasion
-4% All Elemental Resists
-30% Max Mana
-5% Mana Regen
-15 Flat Mana

Plus you don't have the "5% Physical Damage added as Chaos Damage".

Taking in account that you tree has 12 points less than mine, I truly believe it could be viable, depending on how big is the difference between Physical Damage and Projectile Damage. But I still prefer mine. Maybe yours could be more defensive, I don't know. Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to respec a char and test your tree, but I won't risk overwriting my current tree and I don't have another Shadow to test it. If you can answer to all I've written here, I'd be deeply happy to continue this debate.

"
nEVER_BoRN wrote:
I gess its way harder to do then you build but ther are other uniqs this days that have more direct benefits the one i chose to combine..

I didn't quite understand what you meant here, but as it's written on the guide, Incandescent Heart is a fine option.
"
DinhoSenos_ wrote:
Taking in account that you tree has 12 points less than mine, I truly believe it could be viable, depending on how big is the difference between Physical Damage and Projectile Damage. But I still prefer mine. Maybe yours could be more defensive, I don't know. Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to respec a char and test your tree, but I won't risk overwriting my current tree and I don't have another Shadow to test it. If you can answer to all I've written here, I'd be deeply happy to continue this debate.

Well abouth projectile damage.
Bow damage + Added Chaos Damage + Poison Damage
Projectile Damage Scale all of them.

The reson i gone to Scion is to grab Duration Nodes, but i aperantly forgot to take them...
Well i whas to sugest using poison gem, or uniq gloves considering your ascendency in the end forgot about it.
Skill Tree

Basicly incrising poison duration for 50% rise its duration from 2. to 3. sec, considering you can have more instances of poison att same time its significant single target DPS incrise. Also duration gretly benefit Vaal skills.

Next on list is Reflect Damage, you may or may not come to understanding how that is wery bad, so becouse you are next to VP and realy close to Duelist Leech you may consider it. Scaling Bow and Chaos Damage more proporcionaly with Projectile damage is good agenst reflect.

Pathing is chosen wiht point to point benefits, also acounting for attribute balance that prowide flat accuracy, %EV and ES. Bow CI build is complicated.
You need Evasion becouse you can not have Acro and recharge depend on avoidance.
If it whas a Witch and have that swett passive that grant unstopable ES recharge it be more forgiving.

Granted you are after all CI, concerining aditional points, you can grab Projectile damage, chaos damage on way to ranger, invest into auras, ES, Flask nodes. Its ment to be resonable level that offer some more specilised choices and ofer alternative ascendency clases choices.

"
DinhoSenos_ wrote:

Compared to mine, your tree has:

+95% Projectile Damage
+10% Projectile Speed (good for Rain of Arrows)
-390% Physical Damage
-80% Chaos Damage
+1% Attack Speed
+30 Flat Accuracy
+30% Accuracy Rating

+6 Flat Energy Shield
+20% Max Energy Shield
+50 Flat Evasion
+14% Max Evasion
-4% All Elemental Resists
-30% Max Mana
-5% Mana Regen
-15 Flat Mana

Plus you don't have the "5% Physical Damage added as Chaos Damage".

You forgot something Huge, 4 Jewels and Arcane Vision.
Also i think you dont understand how litle is "5% Physical Damage added as Chaos Damage", and you dont relay lose nothing if you get more on other place.

Also abouth your main skill i sugest:
Rain of Arrows + Added Chaos Damage + Pirce + Concentrated Effect
I supose you know about ricent changes to pirce, gem now include More damage modifier.

From ther i sugest poison or

With some apropriet coruption as Vurnability, +1 to gems, TC, Cast on Stun.

If you decide to go poison and to use uniq Gloves i suges using Faster Projectiles and Void Manipulation. Its all depending on how skill perform considering they are all green sockets its easy to swap on the fly.
Last edited by nEVER_BoRN on May 22, 2016, 2:33:10 AM
Answers
"
nEVER_BoRN wrote:
Well abouth projectile damage.
Bow damage + Added Chaos Damage + Poison Damage
Projectile Damage Scale all of them.

I do understand how Projectile Damage works. I just don't know the exact math regarding wether it's ridiculously better than other sources of damage, or just normally better. That has importance since, although Projectile Damage works on Added Chaos, it would have to overshadow the high Physical Damage numbers this build currently has. Again, I'm not saying my tree is better - I'm saying that, right now, I just can't measure it.

"
nEVER_BoRN wrote:
The reson i gone to Scion is to grab Duration Nodes, but i aperantly forgot to take them...
Well i whas to sugest using poison gem, or uniq gloves considering your ascendency in the end forgot about it.
[...]
Basicly incrising poison duration for 50% rise its duration from 2. to 3. sec, considering you can have more instances of poison att same time its significant single target DPS incrise. Also duration gretly benefit Vaal skills.

Poison seems a marvelous idea but it does scale primarily from the hit itself, and stacks. Our hit does quite a lot of chaos and physical damage, which would make Poison hit a lot, but the Attack Speed is quite low (with all buffs on, we get 0,32 aps if I recall correctly). I do use Poison on my single-target Puncture setup, tho.

"
nEVER_BoRN wrote:
Next on list is Reflect Damage, you may or may not come to understanding how that is wery bad, so becouse you are next to VP and realy close to Duelist Leech you may consider it. Scaling Bow and Chaos Damage more proporcionaly with Projectile damage is good agenst reflect.

I understand that, here, you meant that more chaos damage = less reflects problems, and that is absolutely correct. But this build has no reflect problems at the moment. The chaos damage is high enough already, and we're no glass cannon. The phys damage reflected on rare mobs barely scratches, and the time between mob packs on reflect maps is more than enough to completely recharge the ES. The only bad thing about reflect is that it stops the ES recharge, but since this is never going to be an 100% chaos build, this will happen anyway.

"
nEVER_BoRN wrote:
You need Evasion becouse you can not have Acro and recharge depend on avoidance.
If it whas a Witch and have that swett passive that grant unstopable ES recharge it be more forgiving.

Really, I ask God every night before bedtime to give this build the Occultist's unstoppable ES recharge. It would be AMAZING AS FUCK, considering how low the ES recharge cooldown of this build is. Sadly, we don't have it. But we do have evasion, lots of it, actually (in the gear section I suggest at least 2 ES/EV pieces). And a 0,5s ES recharge cooldown. That's not much of a problem right now. The big problem is getting one-shot and the low damage.

"
nEVER_BoRN wrote:
You forgot something Huge, 4 Jewels and Arcane Vision.
Also i think you dont understand how litle is "5% Physical Damage added as Chaos Damage", and you dont relay lose nothing if you get more on other place.

You got me here. Jewel slots have the power to be superb substitutes to normal nodes, and I missed that. I don't see why Arcane Vision is so important, tho. Apart from the Light Radius which helps a bit with screen clarity, the accuracy is highly passable. We have enough dexterity to have little to no accuracy issues. By the way, I do understand "how little is" stuff, or how they may be little. In the tree comparison, I was merely stating the mathematical differences between our trees. "5% Physical Damage added as Chaos Damage" is one of that statements.

"
nEVER_BoRN wrote:
Also abouth your main skill i sugest:
Rain of Arrows + Added Chaos Damage + Pirce + Concentrated Effect
I supose you know about ricent changes to pirce, gem now include More damage modifier.

Not that recent but given, Pierce is incredible. Sadly, it doesn't support Rain of Arrows. I tried.

"
nEVER_BoRN wrote:
If you decide to go poison and to use uniq Gloves i suges using Faster Projectiles and Void Manipulation.

The gloves are unusable because this is a CI build and we need at least 100 ES on the gloves (and that's still low). Void Manipulation is a nice gem but not superior to others I've experimented, mainly because chaos damage is only half of the DPS, not all of it (maybe with your tree that changes). Faster Projectiles is amazing for Rain of Arrows, tho, and I'm considering swaping one of the gems in the 6-L setup for it.

TL;DR

After you remembered me of the jewel sockets on your tree and the possible use of the Poison gem on the main skill setup, I'm willing to let go of my Oro's Flicker Shadow (may it RIP until it's reborn another char) to test your considerations. Will give a full comparison of DPS and defenses, while using the same gear, as soon as the new league starts and I can respec stuff. Thanks a lot for your time and thoughts.

Again, remember that I'm not trying to say that my tree is superior (nor inferior). This build is a work in progress and should be seen as such. I did, however, spend time thinking about a variety of details, and I like to explain my thoughts. Don't confuse that with arrogancy, please. I'm not saying that you did, it's more of a fear I have.

Thanks!
It is strange that pirce gem do not worck, it have same More Projectile damage mod as Slower projectile and same tags projectile & suport.
Thats realy confusing, unles you ment that pirce do not worck wich is obvious but More Projectile damage have no reson not to worck.

If you do not need Arcane Vison, if your eyes can handle light radius restriction then that is 3. skill point on the house. xD
Lets just hope that new league dont spoil you vision as it can some time be rather brutal with the changes.
Best of luck, hope it will be productive for both of us.
Last edited by nEVER_BoRN on May 22, 2016, 5:58:24 AM
"
nEVER_BoRN wrote:
Best of luck, hope it will be productive for both of us.

I know, right? Since Rain of Arrows isn't a projectile, and although it works with most projectile support gems, it seems the Pierce gem is useless altogether (as in they "exclude" the pierce passive AND the damage modifier).
Actually, about light radius, I don't even notice the difference between this build and other life-based builds I have. I don't know if that's just me, now hahahaha

Great discussion, pal. Let's hope the upcoming changes on the tree doesn't unviabilize our dream hahaha. Best of luck to you too!
I hope you update this build for 2.5, right?
Wthyr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info